Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Do You Think We Will Go 0-16?

WSO

I'm in no way saying we are or wishing we are but realistically looking at the schedule its a possibility. Any given Sunday yeah I know.

We have two games coming up against the Chiefs and Bengals back to back soon, if we lose those then maybe.

edit: sched

Week 1 - @ Houston Texans, Sun. Sept. 11, 1 p.m.

Week 2 - vs. Cleveland Browns, Sun. Sep. 18, 1 p.m.

Week 3 - vs. Pittsburgh Steelers, Sun. Sep. 25, 8:20 p.m.

Week 4 - @ Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Mon. Oct. 3, 8:30 p.m.

Week 5 - vs. Kansas City Chiefs, Sun. Oct. 9, 1 p.m.

Week 6 - @ Cincinnati Bengals, Sun. Oct. 16, 1 p.m.

Week 7 - @ New Orleans Saints, Sun. Oct. 23, 8:20 p.m.

Week 8 - @ Tennessee Titans, Sun. Oct. 30, 1 p.m.

Week 9 - vs. Atlanta Falcons, Sun. Nov. 6, 1 p.m.

Week 10 - vs. Jacksonville Jaguars, Sun. Nov. 13, 1 p.m.

Week 11 - BYE

Week 12 - vs. Carolina Panthers, Sun. Nov. 27, 1 p.m.

Week 13 - @ New England Patriots, Sun. Dec. 4, 8:20 p.m.

Week 14 - @ Baltimore Ravens, Sun. Dec. 11, 1 p.m.

Week 15 - vs. Tenneesee Titans, Sun. Dec. 18, 1 p.m.

Week 16 - vs. Houston Texans, Thu. Dec. 22, 8:20 p.m.

Week 17 - @ Jacksonville Jaguars, Sun. Jan. 1, 1 p.m.

I think we will win a few, it is going to be hard going but the D is looking better and so is our run game. I think KC will be our first victim and then the bengals we could possibly get on a role there. I think if the D plays the way it did Sunday and our Offense has a good game we could give TB a hard time of it and possibly haul that one out.

If it weren't for our secondary I would say we could possibly go as high as 9-7. I think Painter will do well, the running game will continue to improve and the run d will be stout all year. Our secondary, however, will keep getting torched and we could allow a record setting number of passing yards this year. I think 3-13 or 4-12 is probably about right but each loss will be hard fought and kept relatively close like the Steelers game.

If it weren't for our secondary I would say we could possibly go as high as 9-7. I think Painter will do well, the running game will continue to improve and the run d will be stout all year. Our secondary, however, will keep getting torched and we could allow a record setting number of passing yards this year. I think 3-13 or 4-12 is probably about right but each loss will be hard fought and kept relatively close like the Steelers game.

I'm hoping that the secondary improves as the year goes on. There is a lot of youth back there - including two drafted players who haven't even made the field yet.

pretty hard to go 0-16. even a bad team ..any given sunday and all.

right now I'd say 3-5 wins also.

However, if the D continues to improve and be motivated..painter becomes decent..more wins are in the realm of possiblility. Even 8-8 WC..one never knows:) (ok that's a stretch)

I'm hoping that the secondary improves as the year goes on. There is a lot of youth back there - including two drafted players who haven't even made the field yet.

Agreed...I would really like to see what Johnson, Rucker and Thomas can do. Same with Lefeged and Caldwell who, due to Bullitt's injury we are going to be able to see. We definitely need to know what we have in these guys so we'll know which positions are of the biggest need heading into the draft. :)

Sticking with my 2-4 win prediction.

I say we at least beat either KC/CIN...

....and one of the games out of TEN x2 and Jax x2

Unless Painter really surprises then I don't think we stand a chance against Tenn.. They actually look pretty good. I see the possibility of beating KC and Jax(maybe twice). Realistically thats all I see. I don't even see us beating Cincy at this point.

I'm very enthusiastic about this team as long as we're watching Painter improve instead of watching Collins fade. .

The defense CAN play like this every week and may well get better. The front seven may be the best we've had in years, and the secondary is young. If the offense can run on the Steelers than they can run on anybody, and they WILL get better as the Oline plays together more. And the more Painter plays the less mistakes he will make.

Initially I thought that we had an absurdly hard schedule, but the balance of power is constantly changing, and most teams on our schedule have already demonstrated the ability to lose to anyone. Sure, NE and NO may well light us up, but most games should be competitive, and we could win any of them. In fact once they get a taste for it, who knows.

This could be a fun season.

If you think we will go 0-16 go cheer for another team.

I'm glad you have great reading comprehension because I explicitly stated I didn't say we were. I wanted to get the opinion of other fans that's the point of the thread.

I also agree we have a good shot of beating the Chiefs and the Bengals at the least.

I just hope injuries don't start catching up to us.

To the guy that said we don't stand a chance against Tennessee....are you joking? They just lost Kenny Britt for the season, and Chris Johnson has been terrible so far. They beat a Ravens team that was SPENT from their opener against Pittsburgh, and lost to the Jags for Pete's sake!! They are beatable for sure, a tough out, but don't make them sound like the Packers....

I think 3 wins is the maximum. The only team, IMO that is in as much flux is cincinatti. I think we COULD win that game, but no guarantee. KC is terrible terrible but they have a better qb if he gets his stuff together. So that one is a toss up to me. I see us having a chance at jax.

Our defense looked much better this weekend but I don't beleive that they are what we saw on Sunday. Freeney and Mathis always seem to make the big plays under the lights. The defense played well, but Rothlisberger also really tried to give the game away by not getting rid of the ball. I applaud the D but I don't think we will see alot of qb's who will take care of the ball taht poorly.

I see 3 max.

but 0 wins is entirely possible IMO. But I figure we sneak one or two out

If we had an office pool, I'm going with 4-12 as my best guess to win the pot. I think we will have several more close games and we'll get lucky on a couple games with turnovers, etc., but I would prefer going 0-16 rather than 7-9. Both of those miss the playoffs, so they are equally unsatisfying from that standpoint, but picking 1rst instead of 10th or 15th might really pay off over the last years of the Manning era, assuming it still continues.

As Dungy says, he isn't dead, so I'm guessing we'll have another few years.

Now, if we had even an average NFL quarterback, I'd say we still have a good chance for the playoffs, but we don't have that.

If we had an office pool, I'm going with 4-12 as my best guess to win the pot. I think we will have several more close games and we'll get lucky on a couple games with turnovers, etc., but I would prefer going 0-16 rather than 7-9. Both of those miss the playoffs, so they are equally unsatisfying from that standpoint, but picking 1rst instead of 10th or 15th might really pay off over the last years of the Manning era, assuming it still continues.

As Dungy says, he isn't dead, so I'm guessing we'll have another few years.

Now, if we had even an average NFL quarterback, I'd say we still have a good chance for the playoffs, but we don't have that.

Exactly, if we are not going to make the playoffs the less games we win the better. Wining 5 or 6 games accomplishes nothing except getting us worse draft picks.