Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts are not a fan of QB Robert Marve

Yeah the only QB worth Mr. Irrelevant this year was Tyler Bray. He'd be our Matt Flynn trade bait in a few years. Still good with Cunningham, I think.

Yeah, I might have made a play on Bray if only to slap the "Developed by Andrew Luck" sticker on him and traded him for a high pick.

Yeah the only QB worth Mr. Irrelevant this year was Tyler Bray. He'd be our Matt Flynn trade bait in a few years. Still good with Cunningham, I think.

Yeah, I might have made a play on Bray if only to slap the "Developed by Andrew Luck" sticker on him and traded him for a high pick.

If you've been on the forum the last month or so. I've said it over and over: I think Tyler Bray is the only franchise QB in this draft. I thought if he had 3-4 years behind a vet, he could be someone's Tom Brady 2.0. He is in a perfect position behind Smith in KC, in my opinion.

Robert is a good dude. I actually bowled with him and some other Purdue players before last season. In his defense, he was the best QB Purdue has seen since Joey Elliot. Maybe that bar isn't very high? lol. The problem with Marve is that he has not had much of a chance to do anything because he keeps having ACL injuries. Unfortunately over the past 2-3 years, we've seen way more TerBush than Marve. 

He and Akeem Shavers from Purdue, both found homes in Tampa Bay, but no, Robert would not be a good fit for the Colts. Good dude, not a great pick-up. 

Side Note : I'm still bummed that Andrew Luck had Purdue as one of 3 finalists for the college. That would have changed a lot for us, but I'm glad he got the Harbaugh treatment and landed with the Colts.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Certainly not Luck. He never won anything. No SB, no MVP and he go the ECF once and got wiped out. Peyton would have been a different story. I wouldn't have done it with Peyton because of his age when the Colts became dominant. Brady, on the other hand, twenty years ago might have been worth something like that. But, no, not even the GOAT. I think the Colts overpaid for Wentz (the Eagle had no other offers). I think one second round pick would have been too high. One third or fourth round pick would have been more like it. I am doubtful that Wentz is every the QB he was in 2017-18.
    • Ideally getting a LT in the draft would be best, but the one's who are left at 21 may not be ready to start at a high level in the NFL.  
    • Where so u get that Smith will male 10 million a year? Have looked at the top  right tackle salaries? This Oline is bout to get very expensive. So alot of our cap will be in our Oline and a WSL. How will we invest in the skill positions?
    • From Microsoft Sports: Indianapolis Colts The Colts took a big swing by trading for Carson Wentz for a third-round pick and a conditional second-rounder, and will now be dedicating all of their resources to helping him find his game again. But there is no guarantee that will work, nor is there a guarantee Wentz will be 100 percent healthy all year given his laundry list of ailments suffered under center in the NFL. They'll want a reliable backup. They'd likely even be willing to offer a few million more than the veteran minimum for such services. Smith can offer that. Indy is the best balance of winning and a chance to play that Smith has. If the Wentz experiment works out, the Colts will be legitimate title contenders and a Super Bowl ring is one of the few boxes Smith has yet to check in his lengthy football career. If Wentz gets hurt, it'll be Smith leading the charge. If Wentz stinks from Week 1 on and the Colts have no shot at the playoffs, there's a very good chance they bench Wentz for the final five games of the season to avoid sending Philadelphia a first-round pick instead of a second-round pick next year. Which means playing time for Smith. As close to a win-win Smith could find if he wants the best of both worlds.
    • Believe it or not, the buzz I’ve read in Meinerz is not late Day 3....    but Day 2.   And that's based on a D3 kid Tampa drafted about 5 years ago.   An interior OL named Ali Meipart.   He had a very good Senior Bowl week and was taken late R2.  In the early 60’s.   Scouts think if Meipart can make the jump, so can Meinerz.   So look for him to probably go sometime Day 2.    I know the mock simulators show him on Day 3,  but those don’t typically get accurate until sometime in April. 
  • Members