Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I loved this draft!

HarassedOffTheSite

Enjoyed it more than last years. We really addressed our needs.

I expect a lot of Dline, RB, LB, Oline & TE competition this Summer.

Looking forward to seeing our UDFAs. But between FA & this draft, we've REALLY added pieces to the Monster!

Love it.

I'm out of likes.

"Like"

5 more so far                                                                                                                                                                                 Lanear Simpson, WR, Baylor
Dan Moore, FB, Montana
Matt McManus, K, Temple
Daxton Swanson, CB, SJ State

Enjoyed it more than last years. We really addressed our needs.

I expect a lot of Dline, RB, LB, Oline & TE competition this Summer.

Looking forward to seeing our UDFAs. But between FA & this draft, we've REALLY added pieces to the Monster!

Love it.

Me too, I'm happy about it!

I just watched a highlight video on Boyett and Wow! i know it was a highlight video but its kinda wierd seeing someone so thin-looking making such big hits. He knows how to play the ball, thats for sure. I think his surgery was more preporatory than anything. at least they werent acl tears and take care of them both so theyre healthy to start a NFL career. LOVE the kerwynn williams pick!!! He should team up well with TY Hilton on Punt returns and kick returns. exciting special teams is something we sure arent used to. AWESOME DRAFT! Bjorne Werner was never in the conversation because he was a top 5 pick on every ones board, and i know Rhodes was available but we needed a pass rusher more than a corner. Cant believe he fell to us. And that Guard is a monster.

I like the competition that it has created on the O and D lines. Overall, my opinion is that it was kind of a "meh" draft. Nothing sexy about it.....but did improve depth at a number of positions. I only see Thornton as a potential starter this year; however, Werner will be the starter in future years.

Man, between some of the bodies the Colts picked up in this years draft and some of the free agent signings, there's going to be A LOT more food ordered up for training camp this year.

Great draft. I love the direction this team is going in.

You build the monster in the trenches. Not with smoke and mirrors like you do with drafting nothing but wr's, te's and rb's. Luck does not need anymore weapons. We are good! What we need to do is keep Luck clean and upright so he can make our skill positions better. Love it!

What I see when I look at our draft picks is a FO that feels most of our needs have been properly addressed before the draft. The only picks I felt were ABSOLUTE needs were the first two. Everything after that was for depth and for value. Looking back on it... I am glad we didn't take a CB with one of our picks... the supporting cast around our CBs should do well to help the CBs out(as long as the CBs can contain their man and stay in position).

I really feel we have the talent to be a top 10 defense. If not, then, I would be happy with a defense that is top 10 against the run. If the Colts FO did not adopt this "stop the run" mentality, then our season would be SOOOOO much more difficult to contend with. Almost every single team we play has a "run first" philosophy and a whole lot of talent to run with... MJD, CJ, Foster & Tate, Gore, Lynch, Charles, DMC, BJGE... the list goes on! This "stop the run" mantra will be the best chance at winning the division and securing a higher seed in the conference.

Bold Predicions:

Colts are a top 10 defense by week 4.

Colts are a top 15 rushing team by season's end. 

5 more so far                                                                                                                                                                                 Lanear Simpson, WR, Baylor

Dan Moore, FB, Montana

Matt McManus, K, Temple

Daxton Swanson, CB, SJ State

Love the Sampson pickup, kind of got overshadowed by Terrance Williams at Baylor but is a very good player

I havn't been this pumped in maybe forever. I feel we're building this the right way, no matter what the boo-hounds say. I've been a fan since 72 and have never felt this good about the direction we're going. It's always been, "yeah we're really good on O, but...." or we just really sucked. 

We have the possibility of building a 49ers type team. As a matter of fact, we ARE building that type of team, except we have the better QB. ;) Start the season already!

I havn't been this pumped in maybe forever. I feel we're building this the right way, no matter what the boo-hounds say. I've been a fan since 72 and have never felt this good about the direction we're going. It's always been, "yeah we're really good on O, but...." or we just really sucked.

We have the possibility of building a 49ers type team. As a matter of fact, we ARE building that type of team, except we have the better QB. ;) Start the season already!

Say it again Brother!!!

I feel Grigson and Co are building a team the way I always wanted....a big, physical, attacking team that will punch you in the mouth on both sides of the ball.

Amen to that!!!  No smurfs in the secondary, no 265 pound DT's, no 275 pound O linemen.  This is a team to be reckoned with.  Run the ball and stop the run.  It isn't a new concept, just one the Colts neglected during the Polian era. 

Amen to that!!! No smurfs in the secondary, no 265 pound DT's, no 275 pound O linemen. This is a team to be reckoned with. Run the ball and stop the run. It isn't a new concept, just one the Colts neglected during the Polian era.

And I NEVER understood it. Size and speed are not mutually exclusive. But it seemed to be a working assumption we operated with.

Someone needs to do an average size and weight comparison from this upcoming season team, to one of our Peyton era teams.

I don't know why I just feel like we're finally getting some big boys.

Oh we definately are... Here is our Roster on OLine without our Draft Picks or UDFA's.. as it stands now

Centers

6-3….. 299 Satele

6-1……309 Shipley

G/C
6-4…..327 McGlynn

Guards
6-5…..342 Anderson
6-6…..330 Griffin
6-4….337 Ijalana
6-7…..322 Reitz
6-4…305 Thomas

Tackles