Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Why I'm on board with this year's draft..

Initially I was hating all of the picks we've made this year, but when you step back and look at it, it makes sense. These aren't flashy picks by any means, but the common theme here seems to be some guys that are physically dominant, play with a mean steak, and are just downright bada.$$.

To me, these picks are us trying to build a team that will come out and punch the opposition in the mouth. I like it, and as long as we can get some CB depth and Aaron Mellete with the rest of the picks, I'll be happy.

Perhaps what I have heard via all the draft websites and the "experts" regarding the Colts and who they were interested in and who they have taken makes me concerned that we have missed out.

I heard that we were interested in Schwenke and we end up taking Holmes in the 4th. I hear we are interested in Williams and we end up trading up to get Hughes in the 5th. I am sure these are guys the team liked, I just hope we aren't settling for them and in a sense making a rash pick because the guy we wanted at the position was taken.

That being said, I LOVE that we have strengthened our offensive line. Luck deserves the best protection we can give him. I will trust Grigson as a former o-lineman that these guys can cut it. Holmes was ranked as the top center pre-season and he battled injuries this past year. He could end up being a steal. Hughes has tremendous size, we'll see.

Perhaps what I have heard via all the draft websites and the "experts" regarding the Colts and who they were interested in and who they have taken makes me concerned that we have missed out.

I heard that we were interested in Schwenke and we end up taking Holmes in the 4th. I hear we are interested in Williams and we end up trading up to get Hughes in the 5th. I am sure these are guys the team liked, I just hope we aren't settling for them and in a sense making a rash pick because the guy we wanted at the position was taken.

That being said, I LOVE that we have strengthened our offensive line. Luck deserves the best protection we can give him. I will trust Grigson as a former o-lineman that these guys can cut it. Holmes was ranked as the top center pre-season and he battled injuries this past year. He could end up being a steal. Hughes has tremendous size, we'll see.

I agree about Schwenke. I watched Senior Bowl tape on him and he just looks SO much better than Khaled Holmes. You gotta be aggressive Grigs to get the player you want like you did with TY last year. Schwenke would have been a MUCH better pick than Holmes.

I love this draft as well we got the most complete pass rusher in Werner. The 5th best guard in Thornton who's very similar to Warford. Then Khalad Holmes who was considered a 2nd round pick in 2011 but got injured in 2012 and his production dropped. Finally Hughes who Daniel Jeremiah compared to Red Bryant a great run defender. We needed to get better in the trenches on both sides of the ball and we did that this draft. I would give us a A - the only thing we need is a CB for depth and i think will get one with our final 3 picks.