Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Teams That Can Win Without Their Starting Qb

Portage Coltfans

Steelers won without Big Ben, Patriots had a great season without brady. Why can't we win without Manning?

I find this intersting, because this has actually been a good topic for a few years, "how bad would the colts be without manning." I remember ESPN Mark Schalerath* said the 2010 colts would be 3-13 without Manning last year. This season proves he was probably right.

Not having Manning brings out and exposes the Colts weaknesses and bad roster choices. The Polians have been exposed to how bad of a team they have put together to help Manning out. I'm not talking about the old guys: Wayne, Clark, Freeney, mathis etc. We had some great drafting years in the past. I'm talking about the recent additions via draft/FA.

This year could be a blessing in disguise for Colt Fans, hopefully the Front office gets scared into putting together a better team and when manning comes back in 2012 we win 3 Superbowls in a row. No doubt we could if we get some good young talent.

Steelers won without Big Ben, Patriots had a great season without brady. Why can't we win without Manning?

I find this intersting, because this has actually been a good topic for a few years, "how bad would the colts be without manning." I remember ESPN Mark Schalerath* said the 2010 colts would be 3-13 without Manning last year. This season proves he was probably right.

Not having Manning brings out and exposes the Colts weaknesses and bad roster choices. The Polians have been exposed to how bad of a team they have put together to help Manning out. I'm not talking about the old guys: Wayne, Clark, Freeney, mathis etc. We had some great drafting years in the past. I'm talking about the recent additions via draft/FA.

This year could be a blessing in disguise for Colt Fans, hopefully the Front office gets scared into putting together a better team and when manning comes back in 2012 we win 3 Superbowls in a row. No doubt we could if we get some good young talent.

i agree i think the colts were trying to change even before peyton's injury{bigger o-line},i think we could see a change in defensive philosphy as well.With the expected high draft pick's could we see some rebuilding on defense?Let's be honest our team both offense and defense is tailored towards peyton being here.With that in mind i think we could change the way we draft players,life without peyton is a possibilty.

I think Indy will win some games without Peyton. But, they will need to get a replacement even if Peyton plays again. Which is doubtful. I talked to my chiropractor today. He new a lot about the 'procedure' Peyton had. Said it was a much more serious surgery than the team let on. Much work done on his neck only about 1 inch from his brain stem. Chiropractor said he would never play football again with that surgery if he was a football player...

Well we probably could have won the Cleveland and Pittsburgh game if we didn't have Collins playing. Collins started on Pitt's 12 yard line, and still only came away with a FG. I mean come on he needed 12 yards and still couldnt score. To win you at least need a competent QB. I guarantee you Matt Cassel or Charlie Batch would have scored.

I think Indy will win some games without Peyton. But, they will need to get a replacement even if Peyton plays again. Which is doubtful. I talked to my chiropractor today. He new a lot about the 'procedure' Peyton had. Said it was a much more serious surgery than the team let on. Much work done on his neck only about 1 inch from his brain stem. Chiropractor said he would never play football again with that surgery if he was a football player...

Someone posted an article a doctor had who performed those and he said most Qbs continue to play like normal again.

Good thing he isn't a real doctor.

The Colts virtually doesn't have a QB atm. Add a decent QB, and the team will look completely different. When I say decent, I mean a NFL level QB, like Kolb, Schaub, etc. This team is a good team. What Manning adds is to make it SB candidate every single year.

Which is irrelevant coming from a chiropractor. Most neurosurgeons (ie: the ones who work on nerves) believe that Manning will recover just fine. It's a matter of whether it will be in 8 weeks or next year.

I think the better title for this would be "teams that can win with an average QB" Charlie batch nor Matt are bad QB's after his season with the pats he went on to be a starter so that kinda says a bit more... you cannot win 90 percent of your games without your QB putting you in that spot to win.... ie the colts.

Chiropractor's are not even close to real doctors. They do not have MD's and most of their work hasn't been proven to aid in the healing process. Let the doctors and surgeons worry about Peyton's surgery and what to do about it.

Sorry, I just read that and realized it comes off as a bit snarky. I don't mean to be snappy or anything

because those teams, even the Pats, weren't built around their QB.

If the Saints lost Brees what would happen? What would happen if Rivers went down in San Diego? Heck even the way the Pats are built today if Brady went down the Pats would be in trouble. That's why they drafted Mallett so high.

because those teams, even the Pats, weren't built around their QB.

If the Saints lost Brees what would happen? What would happen if Rivers went down in San Diego? Heck even the way the Pats are built today if Brady went down the Pats would be in trouble. That's why they drafted Mallett so high.

it's not like the colts intentionally built the team this way. fact is they missed on some recent o line draft picks and never replaced some defensive players that were ruined by injury. the colts gotta deal with the team they have, not the team they wanted.

it's not like the colts intentionally built the team this way. fact is they missed on some recent o line draft picks and never replaced some defensive players that were ruined by injury. the colts gotta deal with the team they have, not the team they wanted.

They have been stock pilling talent for Manning for years. Make no mistake every move is made with Manning in mind. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about it. It's procduced.

I would agree the misses on the online, okay well Ugoh and Brown (even though he's a running back) have really hurt. I am not sure how I feel about Pollack, when I watch him play I like him and I am not ready to write him off. I think he'll take over as our center next year and if he does that and plays like he did in the Steelers game on Sunday night he'll be a good pick.

Chiropractor's are not even close to real doctors. They do not have MD's and most of their work hasn't been proven to aid in the healing process. Let the doctors and surgeons worry about Peyton's surgery and what to do about it.

Sorry, I just read that and realized it comes off as a bit snarky. I don't mean to be snappy or anything

+1

They have been stock pilling talent for Manning for years. Make no mistake every move is made with Manning in mind. Don't get me wrong I am not complaining about it. It's procduced.

I would agree the misses on the online, okay well Ugoh and Brown (even though he's a running back) have really hurt. I am not sure how I feel about Pollack, when I watch him play I like him and I am not ready to write him off. I think he'll take over as our center next year and if he does that and plays like he did in the Steelers game on Sunday night he'll be a good pick.

you could say that about every team with a good qb. pats brought in moss and welker..and then brought two stud rookie tightends plus chad johnson....and they have a lot of talent on the o line. same could said for the saints, chargers, philly, etc...

My witch doctor said Peyton would be fine as long as he wore a chicken foot around his neck during games.

you could say that about every team with a good qb. pats brought in moss and welker..and then brought two stud rookie tightends plus chad johnson....and they have a lot of talent on the o line. same could said for the saints, chargers, philly, etc...

Yes you could, which is why most teams with a super star QB if they go down tend to look like the Colts do right now. It didn't happen in New England when Brady went down because despite what ESPN would tell you, they weren't built around Brady then. They were built around their head coach for starters and their defense. If it happened today in New England I think you would see a very different result because the Pats are much more dependent apon Brady.