Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will this year be known as the draft where we all thought too much?

Geno Smith, 42 TD to 7 INTS, The year before that 31 TD to 6 INTS

Matt Barkley, Do I even need to state stats

Robert Woods, 76 cathes and 11 TD while injured

Stedman Bailey, 25 TD and 114 Catches, 3rd rounder?

Alex Okafor 14 Sacks

Not to mentions T.J Mcdonald, Sam Montgomery, Damontre Moore. Shariff Floyd all the way down to 23?

Manti Teo, over 100 tackes 4 Pass Breakups and 7 INT's

Yet, David Amerson has proven himself to be a bum and Margus Hunt has proven nothing...but these guys go in the 2nd round.

I can't wait to see what happens this year.

Is because stats in college don't matter.

I think they do matter.

Look At Elvis Dummerville's stats in College, dude had 13 sacks and 15 FF. He wen't in like the what 4th round. He had ideal size and speed and he was glossed over.

Stats aren't everything, but...E.J. manual and the Syracuse QB had major accurracy problems yet were considered high picks and 1 even taken in the first round.

People are listening to Mayok too much or something.

Casey Heyward for another example, dude had like 20 Passes defensed...think those didn't matter.

When you play top competition and you come up with good stats, that says something.

I think they do matter.

Look At Elvis Dummerville's stats in College, dude had 13 sacks and 15 FF. He wen't in like the what 4th round. He had ideal size and speed and he was glossed over.

Stats aren't everything, but...E.J. manual and the Syracuse QB had major accurracy problems yet were considered high picks and 1 even taken in the first round.

People are listening to Mayok too much or something.

Casey Heyward for another example, dude had like 20 Passes defensed...think those didn't matter.

When you play top competition and you come up with good stats, that says something.

Ok, but they can be very misleading

Stats certainly can be misleading, but the biggest thing scouts should base you on is what you've proven in college. Sure, players like Margus Hunt and Dion Jordan could have the perfect height/weight combination, but then again, I fit perfectly into my tailored suit, so does that mean I'm gonna become a CEO in the Fortune 500 someday?