Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts Bring In Orlovsky & Croyle For Tryouts

Colts'n'PacersRock

Brody has some tools. My wife and her family are all Chefs (great googly moogly) fans and Croyle played behind a poor line with no running game and no offensive coordinator and was still able to do some good things. I think he'd be better than Colorblind Dan Orlovsky, but Orlovsky is probably a bit more familiar with the system.

Brody has some tools. My wife and her family are all Chefs (great googly moogly) fans and Croyle played behind a poor line with no running game and no offensive coordinator and was still able to do some good things. I think he'd be better than Colorblind Dan Orlovsky, but Orlovsky is probably a bit more familiar with the system.

Being familiar with the system doesn't matter to us, in that we brought in Collins, whilst ignoring Curtis.

Is it the fact that Garraud hurt, wants too much money? Why orlovsky and brodie? Money issues? Guess the colts don't think a quality backup to an old fart and watching paint dry is important. Lol

I'm not sure why not Garrard exactly, but I would really like to know from a few folks who know WAY more than me on here if or O-line would work with a scrambling QB like Garrard. I know he's not as accurate as we'd like, but he is more mobile than anyone we have right now.

Is it the fact that Garraud hurt, wants too much money? Why orlovsky and brodie? Money issues? Guess the colts don't think a quality backup to an old fart and watching paint dry is important. Lol

Garrard's agent had a press statement about a week after he was released that bassically stated Garrard is not interested in being a temporary stop gap for any team, he's only interested in going to a team where he can compete for a long term starting position. I will try to find the link on NFL.com

Here's the link.

This is not directed at you number1coltfanidaho but that is something that a lot of people don't understand, there is more involved in signing a player than calling up the agent and offering a contract.

What's the point of bringing in Dan Orlovsky for a try out??!?!

He spent a month with them in training camp....clearly by this point they should know if they would want him as a #3 (or #2 if Collins is out) QB. If they haven't evaluated him enough by now, that speaks volumes about the staff.

Garrard's agent had a press statement about a week after he was released that bassically stated Garrard is not interested in being a temporary stop gap for any team, he's only interested in going to a team where he can compete for a long term starting position. I will try to find the link on NFL.com

Here's the link.

This is not directed at you number1coltfanidaho but that is something that a lot of people don't understand, there is more involved in signing a player than calling up the agent and offering a contract.

I realize that. I apparently missed the statement made by his agent. Guess i was too busy following the crazy colts news. Thanks for the link. Did not know his agent made that statement. Otherwise he would have been a good pick up for the colts.

Can someone repost this link with a VOTE MANNING MOST VALUABLE PLAYER or something like that headline. It is to USA Today asking if Peyton has proved himself MVP. At his time, 61% yes but let's get it even higher. I don't have enough posts yet to start a new link or I would do so myself.

Thanks

GO COLTS

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2011/09/vote-is-peyton-manning-the-nfls-most-valuable-player/1

:coltslogo::coltslogo::coltslogo::huthut::huthut:

From what happened Sunday night and now with bringing in other QB's. Doesn't it sound a little like they are trying to give Collins a dignified way out than just dropping him? It's rather obvious that he doesn't have a lot in the tank any more, and he has earned the respect in the league to maybe put on IR rather than just cut. I didn't see the hit at all at the game. But it just would be a little more classy for his career to end due to "injury" rather than not be able to play the position at a high level. JMO

I think the perception of this news about Them coming in is that they will take the starting spot...But I dont think that is how it will be at all, I think the qb line up will be

1. Painter

2. Collins(when he recovers)

3. Orlovsky(because the other guy simply wont cut it, he holds a record of 0-10 as a starter)

4. Addai( I mean Come on, Joe has a better passer rating than any one on the team..INCLUDING Peyton...haha)

But I just see painter being our new guy for the time being. Unless they are seriously considering bring in 1 of these guys for a starting spot, then I really say we try for Garrard, even thought Ive said before that it wont happen....it is seriously the best option at qb left out there as far as starters!