Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

27 of the 32 players picked in the 1st round were in Mayock's Top 30

That's how I judge if someone is good.    I don't care one bit if the player doesn't get picked by the team that some mock draft had projected,   that's nonsense.

All I care about is did the talent evaluator have his first round talent going in the first round,  and so on down the line....

That's all that should matter....

The thing I like about Mayock is he's the one of these draft "experts" you are going to see again between now and the draft next year which means he does more than grade college players.  He knows the teams in the NFL and their coaches and their systems.  I think that gives him a better feel for what teams are going to do in the draft than someone like McShay or Kiper that just grades college talent. 

Some people wanted Carradine to be our 1st round pick when he was rated #56 out of Top 100???

Im pretty sure had we passed on Werner, Green Bay wouldve taken him instead of Datone Jones...and had Jones been there, I think Patriots dont take trade the 1st round pick and gain 3 extra picks throughout the round. Funny how one pick by the Colts can change the fate of some teams. 

Got to tip your cap to Mayock.  He contributes more to the intellectual capital of the draft analysis game than all others combined.  It became clear as the night wore on that he is the only analyst really thinking like a GM.  Pugh to the Giants at 19?  Yep.