Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Valpo2004

Your final prediction

No one's going to beat you up for being wrong because this stuff is impossible to predict.  

So throw it out there, what do you think Grigs does with #24 tonight?  (Not what he should do, but what he actually does.)

Your options are:

A: Trade up with ____ team.  (You need to name the team.)

B. Trade down with ____ team (Again name the team)

C. Draft _____ (name the player)

If you select trade up or trade down, I don't expect you lay out all the details of the trade, but at least name the team we are trading with.

If you have a reason for this view, state it, but you don't need to. 

My selection: We draft OG/C Johnathan Cooper at 24.

My reasons: Interior linemen don't get drafted much in the top half of the first round.  While some positions especially QB's get pushed up a bit, Guards get pushed down a bit.   So this means especially with Warmack on the board, Cooper probably is available at 24.

Cooper also looks like he can play Center or Guard.  We could use improvement at both.  

Don't think Cooper will be there, but anything's possible this year.  I'll stick with Larry Warford at #24.  (Trade down is very possible, but I have no idea who might be offerin' what...so, I'll pass on the trade.)

Don't think Cooper will be there, but anything's possible this year.  I'll stick with Larry Warford at #24.  (Trade down is very possible, but I have no idea who might be offerin' what...so, I'll pass on the trade.)

I like your consistency on Warford...I really do!!!  Was discussing him yet again today....playing Alabama instead of Elon :)

Valpo????  Cooper at center.....NOOOOOOO!  Get Satele out of town and stay mean on the fron with Ship.....if we do get Cooper...GUARD!!!!   :)

I like your consistency on Warford...I really do!!!  Was discussing him yet again today....playing Alabama instead of Elon :)

Valpo????  Cooper at center.....NOOOOOOO!  Get Satele out of town and stay mean on the fron with Ship.....if we do get Cooper...GUARD!!!!   :)

I agree with you because we need a guard more then a center.  But we could do better then Shipley at Center.  (That isn't to say that we couldn't do worse).  While Cooper would a bigger upgrade at guard, I think he would still be an upgrade at center over Shipley or Satele.

Yeah, Cooper started one game in his career at center and it admittedly didn't go well.

B, trade with the Eagles.. get their 2nd @ 35,   and their 3rd @ 67

get Warford with the 2nd  and  either Jamie Collins/Lemonier with 3rd or Blidi Wreh-Wilson are new # 2 corner...

I agree with you because we need a guard more then a center.  But we could do better then Shipley at Center.  (That isn't to say that we couldn't do worse).  While Cooper would a bigger upgrade at guard, I think he would still be an upgrade at center over Shipley or Satele.

We could have done better with Saturday too.......lil chubby doughboy from UNC......

Shipley did fine with Luck...avg over 100 yards rushing with him at center, and wanted to play through injury (unlike Satele and his head bobs)...Cooper needs to stay pure.

If you draft a center, I would go Frederick because he was a road grading guard at 336 who has lost weight to become the top rated center prospect by many.  Then again....I do not draft a center....we have 3 including Mc------G---Awful.  :)

Yeah, Cooper started one game in his career at center and it admittedly didn't go well.

You need the big boy making some blocks downfield like he is known to do....not holding up 345 pounders.

I think he trades down.

I think we will know...at about the 15 minute mark.....if his BPA is close.....and Grigs trusts the guys behind him to follow through...an extra pick would be SWEET! :thmup:

I could be wrong but I think Cooper falls to us.  They always play up the guard prospects a lot and wonder if these guys could go in the top half of the first round.  But they just don't.  Decastro was played up a ton in the 2012 draft with the same questions of if he could go in the top half of the first round.  He was the first guard off the board at #24.  

If Warmack is the first guard off the board, I don't see how Cooper doesn't fall to us.  

Biggest risk, which I admit could happen is that a team likes Cooper more then Warmack.  

I could be wrong but I think Cooper falls to us. They always play up the guard prospects a lot and wonder if these guys could go in the top half of the first round. But they just don't. Decastro was played up a ton in the 2012 draft with the same questions of if he could go in the top half of the first round. He was the first guard off the board at #24.

If Warmack is the first guard off the board, I don't see how Cooper doesn't fall to us.

Biggest risk, which I admit could happen is that a team likes Cooper more then Warmack.

I agree with you I could see one of them falling to us

get Warford with the 2nd  and  either Jamie Collins/Lemonier with 3rd or Blidi Wreh-Wilson are new # 2 corner...

Interesting.....Kind of like it....  like this guy?

like-bad-news.jpg

I think we will know...at about the 15 minute mark.....if his BPA is close.....and Grigs trusts the guys behind him to follow through...an extra pick would be SWEET! :thmup:

If the reports of us getting calls for #24 are true, then trading down and picking up some extra mid round picks would be great.  Especially in this draft.

Grigs likes to make deals with his old team, so I could see it happening.  But it seems to me like we could get a little more then just a 2nd and a 3rd for #24.  But it certainly wouldn't be a bad trade if we did that.  

Ok this is sort of off topic, but I thought it was funny.  Tony M. is a former Iowa player so I saw this on an Iowa site I visit.

original.png

trying to find the article I read in the last couple days, but I thought we also were getting a 5th with the eagles trade came out with trade value of 901 and 900  

I would luv for us to trade down and get warford and extra pick/picks...

Unfortunately I will not be able to watch or follow it.. got called into to work @ 6:00 pm MNT.. 

hey if we trade down then I won;t miss our picks.

In Grigs we trust

C.Drafts Jarvis Jones (I have pretty much resigned myself to the idea that Cooper wont be there)