Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Keep Believing

wercolts

Check the stats for the 06" season (championship season), especially Manning' s numbers in the post season. The Colts split the last 8 game with a 4-4 record didn't record a passing TD in the first 2 post season games and only threw 2 in the AFCCG and the Super Bowl combined. Now don't get me wrong, Manning had a really good regular season and a lot to do with getting them there but, the Colts really have to take this season one game at a time and those post season numbers show you can win games even when the QB is not up to par. Keep believing because I really think this team could be 3-3 after the next 3.....Tampa, KC and the Bengals.Three of the next 5 after that are very winnable as well. I'll take 6 and 5 going into December.

Even if Painter plays better than Collins, which I really think he will, our secondary is going to keep getting torched all season. I think the majority of games are going to be closer than anyone predicts, but I think there are still going to be a lot of losses, though very close ones. I think Campbell will have a very good game against us next week and, even though colts keep it very close, I think in the end we get the loss next week as well due to Campbell's big game. In the end, unless we start playing the younger CB's and get a lot better production from them I still think in the end we go 4-12 or 5-11. Not trying to be a downer, just trying to keep things in perspective. :)

Who is this Cambell fella.

LOL....yeah my VERY bad. :D I was thinking of Jason Campbell of Oakland. Definitely meant to say Josh Freeman. I had Campbell on my mind because I kept going back and forth about whether I thought Oakland was happy with him or if they'd be looking to draft a new QB this coming year. :)

He'd probably have more success painting houses for sure. I hate dumping on Curtis or House Painter but I just don't see it. I hope he lights it up and proves me wrong!

lol....I'm just having fun with all this, as if my roaring laughter can be heard as the ships stern sinks into the seas.

I will be flipping if were 3-3. They're definitely all winnable games, yes even with Curtis "The House" Painter as Ruksak would say. You want the Colts to win and have a shot @ the playoffs but that would be extremely difficult, also people want them to draft Luck or have very high pick. I can't root against the Colts but at the same time a middle of the pack draft could be SBLAH. The guy could turn out being like :huthut: if we have a middle of the pack draft pick and we might all be like :no: :slaphead: :facepalm: and that Bill Polian is an :loco: * and many on the forum will be like :shout::catfight: then some might :tvsmash:

What LEBRON JAMES should've been saying after the loss to the Mavericks!

What should I do?

Should I admit I’d made mistakes,

Should I remind you I’ve done this before

Should I give you a history lesson

What should I do?

Should I tell you have much fun we had

Go :1colts:

Check the stats for the 06" season (championship season), especially Manning' s numbers in the post season. The Colts split the last 8 game with a 4-4 record didn't record a passing TD in the first 2 post season games and only threw 2 in the AFCCG and the Super Bowl combined. Now don't get me wrong, Manning had a really good regular season and a lot to do with getting them there but, the Colts really have to take this season one game at a time and those post season numbers show you can win games even when the QB is not up to par. Keep believing because I really think this team could be 3-3 after the next 3.....Tampa, KC and the Bengals.Three of the next 5 after that are very winnable as well. I'll take 6 and 5 going into December.

There is no way we will win the next 3 games ... and winning just 6 or 7 games would suck because that won't get us into the playoffs and we won't get a premium draft pick either. I hate losing but if we are not going to make the playoffs the fewer games we win the better. I will be perfectly happy seeing our young guys get playing time and seeing our defense and OL get better and getting high draft picks for next season.

There is no way we will win the next 3 games ... and winning just 6 or 7 games would suck because that won't get us into the playoffs and we won't get a premium draft pick either. I hate losing but if we are not going to make the playoffs the fewer games we win the better. I will be perfectly happy seeing our young guys get playing time and seeing our defense and OL get better and getting high draft picks for next season.

ohhhh c'mon Debbie Downer. After Sunday night, I'm willing to buy in.

Is this the Cinderella team of 2011? The dark-horse that defies all odds?

If we had actually won Sunday night I might buy into that. Common sense won't let me. The play-off race is is a convoluted math problem.

I'm all for bucking history and flying in the face of the odds, but the odds aren't pretty, in regard to our post season potential.

http://www.docsports.com/2006/3-0-nfl-teams.html

Since the playoffs were expanded to 12 teams in 1990, 76 percent of the teams - 62-of- 82 -- that started the season with three consecutive wins went on to make the playoffs.
...over that same time less than two percent of the teams, a mere 3-of-204, that started the season 0-3 qualified for the postseason.

Bear in mind this article was from 2006, so there is some minor variance.

Either way, mathematically, historically, we're toast. Looking at the above stats, we have about a 1.5% - 2.0% probability factor to land a wildcard go.

To quote the great philosopher, Scooby-Doo...."RHUT-RHOW"! Yes, "rhut-rhow" indeed...

Out of Tampa, KC and the Bengals, the Bucs will be the hardest game to win for the Colts. So yes if they can steal a win Monday night I can see them winning the next 3.

It seems besides QB play the Colts weekness is the defensive secondary and the Bengals and Chiefs don't scare me in that department.

One game at a time and we can meet back here in 3 weeks.

I wish people would quit dumping on Painter. He has the best bounce pass I've seen in a while.

But seriously, I'll be in Indy in 2 weeks and my brother picked up some nice tickets for face value from a fair weather season ticket holder. I'll be there and be expecting a big W against the Chiefs. Go Painter and go Colts!

I totally agree after what I saw on Sunday night. It's a possibility that we can go 3 and 3. If we don't thats fine too I just want to see improvment every game. I think that's what's happening. Tampa should be a fun game to watch.

At this point, I'd be satisfied to be 2-4 after six weeks. Tampa on the road will be tough task. However, I see Cincy and KC as winnable games.

3-3 would be awesome though!

I hope we come in and ground-pound the :bucs:

I predict not just an upset, but a very rude awakening. Curtis has everything to prove in a world where he has not been given many opportunities. Our defense is playing very well. Our offense is going to be hyped up on their near victory.

Atlanta couldn't beat TB in TB, what makes you think the Colts can? Again people..please wake up and relize we are what we are this season...a 2-3 win tops team.

Because triangulation doesn't work in professional sports.

Team A looks better than Team B. Team A couldn't beat Team C, so why then should Team B beat Team C?

Works in college, where the team with more talent ALWAYS wins, but in the NFL, it's all about execution. Plus - believe it or not - every team has fairly equal measures of talent. There's great parity in the NFL. The Lions and the Bills are perhaps the best teams in football right now, for example. Your example of the Falcons also doesn't hold much water, as they are 1-2 right now. Minnesota is 0-3. St. Louis is 0-3. Dream Team Philadelphia is 1-2. Perceived talent doesn't equate to wins on the field. Otherwise, the Cowboys should have won the last 4 Super Bowls.

As to the Bucs, Josh Freeman has been well below the expected standard this year, and our Colts defense can stop any run game right now (yes, I believe that). Their defense also hasn't quite taken off as per the predictions, but watch out for Clayborn.

Because triangulation doesn't work in professional sports.

Team A looks better than Team B. Team A couldn't beat Team C, so why then should Team B beat Team C?

Works in college, where the team with more talent ALWAYS wins, but in the NFL, it's all about execution. Plus - believe it or not - every team has fairly equal measures of talent. There's great parity in the NFL. The Lions and the Bills are perhaps the best teams in football right now, for example. Your example of the Falcons also doesn't hold much water, as they are 1-2 right now. Minnesota is 0-3. St. Louis is 0-3. Dream Team Philadelphia is 1-2. Perceived talent doesn't equate to wins on the field. Otherwise, the Cowboys should have won the last 4 Super Bowls.

As to the Bucs, Josh Freeman has been well below the expected standard this year, and our Colts defense can stop any run game right now (yes, I believe that). Their defense also hasn't quite taken off as per the predictions, but watch out for Clayborn.

I have to agree, it's highly feasible that the Colts beat Tampa. I personally don't think they're that good and will most likely later on in the season fall behind both N.O and Atl, (which I consider much better teams IMO).

I feel like we have some good opportunities coming up. I am opptomistic about our chances in week 6 against the Bengals. I know putting faith in pre-season results is a bit far fetched, however it was a W even with the dreadful play of Collins. I live in Cincinnati and am planning to go to the game with some friends if anyone is interested we have a block reserved at their stadium on the Colts sideline.

I like that OP post, in that post season manning was just a guy who moved the ball down the field wasnt all that great like he is in the regular season... if painter can keep from turning over the ball and at least score a couple TD's in a game WITH the running game going the colts have a pretty good chance GO COLTS.

Well tampa made a pretty good qb in matt ryan and some great skill player's ineffective last sunday.I expect us to get beat but this is the nfl,you never know.

I personally think the falcons are gassed up, they arent really that great of a team no real threat at WR yet... the colts on the other hand are only getting better. I have every reason to believe the colts will contain freeman, the offense just have to show life and produce.

Our secondary is the one that needs to show up or improve. If that happens even marginally to get us to 40% on 3rd down conversion (from the plus 50% we have right now on D), then we are in good shape. No turnovers on offense, Bucs like to keep it close and play defense and field position and that is why no turnovers on offense is important. If we do turn it over, turn it over beyond the middle of the field at least giving our D a chance, just not in the red zone leaving points on the field.

Have to be able to pass on the Bucs, goes without saying, Wayne or Garcon need to have a field day. Extra day of preparation and reps should help Painter. The Bucs shut down the running game of the Falcons, likely to happen with us too and hence have to be able to pass more efficiently.

Stop the run and run the ball works if you can stay balanced on offense and win the battles on 3rd downs on O & D.

Our secondary is the one that needs to show up or improve. If that happens even marginally to get us to 40% on 3rd down conversion (from the plus 50% we have right now on D), then we are in good shape. No turnovers on offense, Bucs like to keep it close and play defense and field position and that is why no turnovers on offense is important. If we do turn it over, turn it over beyond the middle of the field at least giving our D a chance, just not in the red zone leaving points on the field.

Have to be able to pass on the Bucs, goes without saying, Wayne or Garcon need to have a field day. Extra day of preparation and reps should help Painter. The Bucs shut down the running game of the Falcons, likely to happen with us too and hence have to be able to pass more efficiently.

Stop the run and run the ball works if you can stay balanced on offense and win the battles on 3rd downs on O & D.

We dont know that... ppl never thought the colts would be able to run on the steelers yet they did, much less against kacey hampton.. if saturday says he's the best run defender in the league then i believe him, the colts will be able to run the ball.