Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

2013 NFL Draft Eve Colts Mock (2 different drafts)

I have comprised 2 drafts, one with no trades and one with a trade down.

First with no trades...

1- CB Xavier Rhodes, FSU (I still feel he could fall to us since he only fits a press man scheme. With this pick we now have an elite secondary who will give our pass rushers more time to get to the QB.)

3- OG Travis Frederick, Wisconsin (He struggles some with pass protection against quicker DTs, but he is a very good run blocker which we need at OG. He can develop his pass blocking skills.)

4- OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford (We get a hustle pass rusher here who can compete with Jerry Hughes.)

6- OT Jordan Mills, Louisiana Tech (Gives us someone for depth behind Cherilus and also helps push him for competition sake.)

7- S Zeke Motta, Notre Dame (Gives us some depth at safety in case Landry gets hurt.)

7- RB Ray Graham, Pitt (More competion at RB is needed.)

Mock with trade down...

-Indy trades 24th and 6th round picks to Philly for their 2nd, 3rd, 5th round picks.

2nd(via trade)- OG Larry Warford, Kentucky (We get our mauler on the OL to gives us a very good OL.)

3rd(via trade)- OLB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss (Very underrated pass rusher who gives us the option to trade Mathis next offseason. I think Collins could outplay Mathis by year 2.)

3rd- OT Dallas Thomas, UT (Protecting Luck is paramount, and Thomas is an underrated OT prospect who could overtake Cherilus or Castonzo someday.)

4th- WR Da'rick Rogers, Tenn Tech (Had off field issues, but Pagano and Reggie can tutor him.)

5th(via trade)- CB Terry Hawthorne, Illinois (Depth pick here.)

7th- S Zeke Motta, Notre Dame

7th- RB Ray Graham, Pitt

I like them both, for the most part... in the first scenario, I might look at S first, then get a CB later... second mock looks pretty darn good to me... I'm especially impressed with the fact that both scenarios include an OT, which is a depth concern, atm.

I really think that we need to get a good S in case Landry misses games, plus we might need a cheaper option than Bethea for the future, given that he is a FA next season...

ILB is also a major area of concern because Conner and Angerer are FAs after 2013 and neither have proven (yet) to be excellent fits in the new D... This might be able to wait until next draft, but Teo might be there at #24... who will be better in next year's draft? :hide:

nice job, overall IMO

I have comprised 2 drafts, one with no trades and one with a trade down.

First with no trades...

1- CB Xavier Rhodes, FSU (I still feel he could fall to us since he only fits a press man scheme. With this pick we now have an elite secondary who will give our pass rushers more time to get to the QB.)

3- OG Travis Frederick, Wisconsin (He struggles some with pass protection against quicker DTs, but he is a very good run blocker which we need at OG. He can develop his pass blocking skills.)

4- OLB Chase Thomas, Stanford (We get a hustle pass rusher here who can compete with Jerry Hughes.)

6- OT Jordan Mills, Louisiana Tech (Gives us someone for depth behind Cherilus and also helps push him for competition sake.)

7- S Zeke Motta, Notre Dame (Gives us some depth at safety in case Landry gets hurt.)

7- RB Ray Graham, Pitt (More competion at RB is needed.)

Mock with trade down...

-Indy trades 24th and 6th round picks to Philly for their 2nd, 3rd, 5th round picks.

2nd(via trade)- OG Larry Warford, Kentucky (We get our mauler on the OL to gives us a very good OL.)

3rd(via trade)- OLB Jamie Collins, Southern Miss (Very underrated pass rusher who gives us the option to trade Mathis next offseason. I think Collins could outplay Mathis by year 2.)

3rd- OT Dallas Thomas, UT (Protecting Luck is paramount, and Thomas is an underrated OT prospect who could overtake Cherilus or Castonzo someday.)

4th- WR Da'rick Rogers, Tenn Tech (Had off field issues, but Pagano and Reggie can tutor him.)

5th(via trade)- CB Terry Hawthorne, Illinois (Depth pick here.)

7th- S Zeke Motta, Notre Dame

7th- RB Ray Graham, Pitt

Draft #1:

I like rhodes and with all the recent rumors think it is possible that he falls to us, also I like Frederick. But unfortunately I'm not a fan it the least of the rest.

Draft 2: 

​Both 3rd rounders are reachs. 

Rather have Lemonier over Thomas but unfortunately I think if both are there I think Grigs goes with the Stanford connection, Its not that I dont like Thomas...because I do...I just like him as a 4-3 olb. He dont have the agility, explosion or flexibility to play as a 3-4 olb/de. He does however do a pretty good job of disengaging from blocks but to many of those are off of TE's and not O Linemen, not that he dont disengage from them but not nearly as well and once he is beat or knocked down he occasionaly gives up on the play, As for Collins, He lacks strength (very lean build) inconsistent tackling technique (dives at feet to often) and also does not have the agility to adjust on the move...Wouldn't dislike the pick if we get him in the 3rd but once again rather have Lemonier...Both will be rotational players regardless for the time being but I think Lemonier has the bigger upside