Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

The week of Denver game

Knuckles79

I am a colts fan from North Carolina .My wife and I are planning on attending the colts and denver game. Was plannning on staying for the week. Was hoping for any advice on hotels around the top end side of 125.00 a night . Also do they have tours for the stadium during the season and can you attend practice at all . And a must visit restaurant. Sorry if there was another topic I could have posted in I looked but couldn't find and using my phone . Thanks in advance for any info and looking forward to being a guest in your town for the first time.

I am a colts fan from North Carolina .My wife and I are planning on attending the colts and denver game. Was plannning on staying for the week. Was hoping for any advice on hotels around the top end side of 125.00 a night . Also do they have tours for the stadium during the season and can you attend practice at all . And a must visit restaurant. Sorry if there was another topic I could have posted in I looked but couldn't find and using my phone . Thanks in advance for any info and looking forward to being a guest in your town for the first time.

If you like steak, Do yourself a favor and visit Fogo De Chao. It's a Brazilian steakhouse downtown.

If you like steak, Do yourself a favor and visit Fogo De Chao. It's a Brazilian steakhouse downtown.

if you like steak go to St.Elmos steak down town... Awesome food... kinda pricey, but worth it

+1 on St. Elmos....especially if you are a Colts fan. 

Even I've heard of St Elmos, and I'm a vegetarian from NJ.

It sounds like SH is trying to make sure that there's a table open there while he's in town. :D

Even I've heard of St Elmos, and I'm a vegetarian from NJ.

It sounds like SH is trying to make sure that there's a table open there while he's in town. :D

Heck no. St Elmos is ridiculously overpriced. 

Fogo De Chao is right down the street, and it's all you can eat steak, all different kinds served table side.

In no way shape or form is any steak at St Elmos as good as unlimited Bacon wrapped filet mignon that is cooked to perfection.

Heck no. St Elmos is ridiculously ochverpriced.

Fogo De Chao is right down the street, and it's all you can eat steak, all different kinds served table side.

In no way shape or form is any steak at St Elmos as good as unlimited Bacon wrapped filet mignon that is cooked to perfection.

I'm gonna have to disagree... There is a fogo fe chao in several cities around the country. There is only one St. Elmos. Peyton might be there after the game, its his favorite restaraunt. We have seen several colts players there after games over the years as well

I'm gonna have to disagree... There is a fogo fe chao in several cities around the country. There is only one St. Elmos. Peyton might be there after the game, its his favorite restaraunt. We have seen several colts players there after games over the years as well

I don't care if the pope is there after the game, it doesn't make it better. lol

While Fogo is most excellent, especially if you're a meat fanatic like myself, but it simply doesn't compare to St. Elmo. You must visit while you're in town. That's on the required to-do list and don't forget about their shrimp cocktail.

While Fogo is most excellent, especially if you're a meat fanatic like myself, but it simply doesn't compare to St. Elmo. You must visit while you're in town. That's on the required to-do list and don't forget about their shrimp cocktail.

What if you don't like spicy cocktail sauce? lol

Heck no. St Elmos is ridiculously overpriced.

Baloney. Besides, Fogo's is a chain that can be had in many cities. St. Elmo is authentically Indy. Why come here to visit a chain?

I've eaten at several of them.. I'm not disputing it is good food, but it can be had in several locations

I understand what you're saying,  jvan.   When we do travel it is nice to taste the local cuisine, something or someplace you can't get anywhere else.   However, not everyone can afford the upper scale places....  and also,  with chain restaurants, at least you know what you're getting....   I think either is okay 

I understand what you're saying, jvan. When we do travel it is nice to taste the local cuisine, something or someplace you can't get anywhere else. However, not everyone can afford the upper scale places.... and also, with chain restaurants, at least you know what you're getting.... I think either is okay

I'm not sure if you have been to a fogo de chao's... but they are also pricey. 40 to 50 a person. you get a lot of food though

I'm not sure if you have been to a fogo de chao's... but they are also pricey. 40 to 50 a person. you get a lot of food though

I have not been to either of the places mentioned.  I meant that I am sure they are both a good choice,  if one can afford them...

I've eaten at several of them.. I'm not disputing it is good food, but it can be had in several locations

Ahh, yes, this is true, for me it's just es exotic as St Elmos because the closest one to me here in NY is Baltimore / Philadelphia.

When I go for the Denver game, I'll most likely eat at St Elmos one night and Fogo the other, so I can do an immediate comparison.

No spicy cocktail sauce for me though :)

A guy I ran into playing Paintball went to Indy for something and got a tour of LOS. He said St. Elmos is the god of steakhouses haha. Given steak is my favorite food I am sure to definitely visit there when I finally make the pilgrimage.

Colts Grille is a must

If you want some of the same stuff of St. Elmo's you can do harry and izzys. They are owned by the same people but harry and izzys is a little more friendly priced if you avoid steak but they still have things like the shrimp cocktail that makes St. Elmo's so famous.

Thanks for the replies. Will be checking out st, elmo's and colts grill just to say i have been there Should i make reservations for elmos? I made reservation for the Staybridge Suites across for LOS , does any of you guys have any reviews good or bad for this hotel. any would be very thankfull. have a wife and two kids was wondering if this hotel was suitable

Thanks again for all the replies

Thanks for the replies. Will be checking out st, elmo's and colts grill just to say i have been there Should i make reservations for elmos? I made reservation for the Staybridge Suites across for LOS , does any of you guys have any reviews good or bad for this hotel. any would be very thankfull. have a wife and two kids was wondering if this hotel was suitable

yes, its a pretty nice place

yes, its a pretty nice place