Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

At least five teams thinking about trading down

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap1000000162571/article/2013-nfl-draft-5-teams-reportedly-aim-to-trade-down

One is the Dolphins, a team that many analysts think will draft a corner at #12. They are currently in talks to acquire Brandon Albert for a second rounder. I think a lot of mocks and projections will go out the window by Thursday night, assuming a couple of these teams pull off some first round maneuvering.

Star Lotulelei will be a top 10 pick.

Most mocks have him going to Tampa at #13. Of course I was just throwing out a hypothetical because there's no way we trade up, but I think it'd be worth it if we only lose a 3rd rounder this year for a top-tier player.

I agree with the thought expressed elsewhere that the 49ers might use some of their extra picks to move up. They can't sign all of their picks anyway, so why not swap quantity for quality (with a team in need of the opposite). If the Jets were shrewd they would be on the phone with them, because a single decent player isn't going to help them much.

Instead they are more likely to be using their now extra first rounder to trade up to the very top - so they can take a QB that no one else has rated higher than the third round. Ryan will hail him as a HOFer in the off-season, and then he'll get cut during camp, as Sanchez "wins" the job yet again. :D Ineptitude as an art form.

He's the only player I'd want to trade up for. But I've see him as high as #7. Maybe Mingo, but I think the Jets want him at #9 or #13, so we'd at least have to go up to the Dolphins at #12. Our first and third isn't quite enough, based on the chart (which may or may not be an authority).

Another report suggests the Cowboys are willing to trade down from #18. Our first and third are closer for that range, but still a little short. If Star lasted that long, I'd think about that.

I know the story references 5 teams wanting to trade down....

But from everything I'm reading,  I get the sense that most every team would like to trade down....

Seriously.     From wanting to trade down a little....   to trade down a lot...    to trade down right out of the first round....   I think most every team is at least considering it....   and my hunch is most would love to...

Suddenly this draft has the feel of shopping at the 99 cent store after the sale....

Archived