Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All the " In the Trenches", talk by Grigson is a smokescreen...

Everybody and their mom wants to trade back, but you have to have teams that want to trade up...I doubt we find someone willing to be honest, if we can trade back and still get Bernard or Warford great, but I don't see it...Realistically we will have to pick at 24 and realistically Cooper, Warmack, and J.Jones will be gone so you can go 1or 2 different ways...Get the impact big-play guy at receiver or Rb or go D-Line..They will probably play it safe and go D-line with Williams or Carridine...I'd rather grab a prime-time guy cause we lack that and we have the luxury with all the guys we signed in FA to go this route this year more than any other...We will still get a good guard in the 3rd and will pick up safety and cb depth in rounds 4, 6, and 7.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hopefully the cowboys will take one and one of the G will fall

I doubt the guards will fall. The DT/DEs of this draft would have a major effect on our defense. If Chapman and one of these lineman start they would force double teams from the OL. This would cause LBs to be free or have to be blocked by TEs. We did not get this from our DL last year. The 3-4 must create mismatches for the pass rush to work.

If we trade back fine...Still Winters, Schwenke, B.Jones, or Frederick will be there in the 3rd and may turn out better than Warford...Warford has good size but is clumsy and has trouble finding guys at the next level...

Schwenke and Jones are zone guys....   don't think they fit....

I'd be fine with Frederick....   my only concern is that if we don't trade back and take him in the 2nd,  that he won't reach our pick which is late in the 3rd....     I think it's highly quesitonable he doesn't make it to 86....

Our lack of picks this year is going to make this draft very, very difficult.....

The sad fact is not all concerns will be addressed in the draft.  With only 3 picks in the first 5 rounds, someone is going to have to go without.  We need a DE, LB, and a OG. 

You have 3 corners, you can't really get a 4th right now.  You have 4 good receivers, no need for another right now. 

You have enough RB's for now, you can probably pick up a serviceable backup RB with your 6th round pick.  

You must address OG and DE with 2 of your first 3 picks.  The OL and DL have to become strengths, that's how you build the team. Our GM has said the game is won and lost in the trenches.