Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

All the " In the Trenches", talk by Grigson is a smokescreen...

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I do think it is WR or OLB, just don't think it will steer towards the RB front however. I am sure we have had gazillion posts about it, so I will just say that is just what I think.

However, if QB hungry teams get trigger happy with QBs, a good DL like Sheldon Richardson or Sylvester Williams might be staring at us, or a good OLB like Jarvis Jones, that would change the available board a bit. :)

If all in the trenches is a smoke screen then its time for a new GM QUICK, Protect your franchise investment, run the ball, stop the run, NOTHING drives me more nuts then to watch a team be able to run the ball down our throats, the only other thing that comes close is watching  one of our Corners get dinked and dunked all the way down the field

If it did come down to Sheldon Richardson or Sylvester Williams, then who'd you take? Both are disruptive

Sylvester Williams, because he can be moved around the DL, 4-3 or 3-4, more than Sheldon in our hybrid.

Also helps us to bid misfits like Nevis and Rico Mathews goodbye next year.

I got to look more into Sylvester Williams before I would dismiss it....I really think he makes a point of saying the draft is loaded with in the trenches guys..I personally hope for a RB, but would not be surprised if we go Jarvis Jones or WR..After Cooper is gone all the remaining guards are too close to pick 1 in 1st when you can get a comparable guard in the 3rd...JMO..Cooper and Warmack will be looong gone.

I got to look more into Sylvester Williams before I would dismiss it....I really think he makes a point of saying the draft is loaded with in the trenches guys..I personally hope for a RB, but would not be surprised if we go Jarvis Jones or WR..After Cooper is gone all the remaining guards are too close to pick 1 in 1st when you can get a comparable guard in the 3rd...JMO..Cooper and Warmack will be looong gone.

So you are saying you think Grigson should draft a RB???

there is no rb worth taking in the first round and that includes eddie lacy

I'm over Lacy...he doesn't seem to want it , but Bernard will be a Pro Bowler for us next year if we take him , I can see 1,300 yards and 50 receptions 10+TDs

Jamar Taylor  would be a darn good Corner I would like in the 1st

I'm happy with Vontae, I guarantee you if we take a CB in the 1st and he produces we let Vontae walk, I'd rather strengthen another position of need preferrably RB, but I wouldn't mind receiver if a good 1 falls cause Reggie doesn't have much left.....That said if we get a Jones or Mingo or even Margus hunt I wouldn't be sad...Just no CB or reach at Guard..

I'm happy with Vontae, I guarantee you if we take a CB in the 1st and he produces we let Vontae walk, I'd rather strengthen another position of need preferrably RB, but I wouldn't mind receiver if a good 1 falls cause Reggie doesn't have much left.....That said if we get a Jones or Mingo or even Margus hunt I wouldn't be sad...Just no CB or reach at Guard..

Why would we let our number 1 Corner walk just to replace him with another potential #1 while still having questions at #2....Thats right, Im not as sold on Toler as some, I dont want to reach for a Guard either. I dont think we will, But I could see us trading down for Warford if we dont like any of the pass rushers available (which is extremely unlikely Im sure)

We're not letting Vontae walk.    We paid full price, a #2 for him.   We're not getting two years out of him and then letting him walk.

I don't know why you think having 3-4 very good corners is such a bad thing in a pass happy league,  but then again,  you want a RB in the 1st round when there are no RB's with first round grades....

Why would we let our number 1 Corner walk just to replace him with another potential #1 while still having questions at #2....Thats right, Im not as sold on Toler as some, I dont want to reach for a Guard either. I dont think we will, But I could see us trading down for Warford if we dont like any of the pass rushers available (which is extremely unlikely Im sure)

Toler is good bro...real good, watch the tape and view the Cardinals forums they aren't happy he is gone...That is y I'm not too concerned with CB...We have 3 good ones which is better than most..I love Butler too he is a ballhawk and will be even better with an improved pass rush.

We're not letting Vontae walk.    We paid full price, a #2 for him.   We're not getting two years out of him and then letting him walk.

I don't know why you think having 3-4 very good corners is such a bad thing in a pass happy league,  but then again,  you want a RB in the 1st round when there are no RB's with first round grades....

Can't pay 4 corners stater $$$$, may get by with it a year or 2 but you can't keep it up, someone will have to walk, and I like our mix now....

So you'd be upset if Grigs drafts Milliner, Rhodes or Trufant???

Interesting...

It will be a wasted pick or balance out....Millner won't be there and I like Rhodes we just don't need him as much as other positions..Trufant I just don't see it, he haS BUST WRITTEN ALL OVER HIM....

Bernard will be a multiple pro bowler

We have 1 rb people, and no PROVEN WR outside of Wayne, we signed 3 DT's 2 Olbs and 2 starting O=Linemen in FA...What happens god forbid Ballard gets hurt???

What happens if Vontae gets hurt? If we're using the possibility of injury to justify using a first round pick than with that logic we could use that pick on almost any position on the team where we don't have depth.

Toler is good bro...real good, watch the tape and view the Cardinals forums they aren't happy he is gone...That is y I'm not too concerned with CB...We have 3 good ones which is better than most..I love Butler too he is a ballhawk and will be even better with an improved pass rush.

he shows flashes but wouldn't say he is good yet, decent number 2 potential, But Antonio Cromartie is good, Corner is not my primary concern this year, Just as long as we keep Vaughn off the field Im good, I'd love to get Jamar Taylor or Rhodes but they are not priority 1 with me. But regardless BPA as long as he fits what we are doing

Well if you think about it RBs and OLBs spend a lot of time in the trenches too.

Yeah on their backs cause the oline is not up to par. Or our olb are getting manhandled cause out dline can't take up blocks.

Give me the beef!!

What happens if Vontae gets hurt? If we're using the possibility of injury to justify using a first round pick than with that logic we could use that pick on almost any position on the team where we don't have depth.

A rb is much more vulnerable to injury...it's common sense. Yes, any player can get hurt, but RB more than any other.