Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to think Te'o would be a great addition

GoodLuck

Everyone who mentions Bostic gets a like!

Also, TK  Elam > Vaccaro ;)

As for the Teo thing, I just don't like him that much.  Has nothing to do with off the field issues, I just don't like him.  I fee he got way overhyped really quick, and yes... the first REALLY GOOD college team he faced, he was a nonfactor (though, as others have said, the entire team was a nonfactor)  I will admit, some of his struggles against 'Bama were because his Dline was getting manhandled and he was being blocked a lot more often than I think he was used too. 

I wouldn't hate it if we drafted him, but as I said, I think Bostic can be just as good for us at a way cheaper price.  Also, I don't think ILB is a 1st round need.

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i never saw anything about him blaming pressure on the bama game. he did say he was overwhelmed at the combine. although his combine experience was a lot different than everyone elses this year

You're correct, I edited that part out of my post.

I'd be fine with his combine #s if he had improved on them at his pro day which he really did not. Not that I put much stock into those anyway, but it's certainly concerning.

Also, TK Elam > Vaccaro ;)

As for the Teo thing, I just don't like him that much. Has nothing to do with off the field issues, I just don't like him. I fee he got way overhyped really quick, and yes... the first REALLY GOOD college team he faced, he was a nonfactor (though, as others have said, the entire team was a nonfactor) I will admit, some of his struggles against 'Bama were because his Dline was getting manhandled and he was being blocked a lot more often than I think he was used too.

I wouldn't hate it if we drafted him, but as I said, I think Bostic can be just as good for us at a way cheaper price. Also, I don't think ILB is a 1st round need.

Vaccaro >> Elam

And on the 1st TD run by Lacy, Te'o's false step lead to that wide open hole he had to run through. False step then he got cut blocked as Lacy ran right past him to the endzone

Vaccaro >> Elam

And on the 1st TD run by Lacy, Te'o's false step lead to that wide open hole he had to run through. False step then he got cut blocked as Lacy ran right past him to the endzone

And Andrew Luck threw interceptions in college.. he must have been terrible..

Yes, Mr. Crack Under Pressure

You said it in the original post. Up until the Bama game........ see right there is when you stop. Big time players make plays in big games

You can't handle the spotlight? Then you don't need to be on this team who will be in the spotlight 4, count it..... FOUR times this season

He played great in multiple nationally televised games. So....?

Also, TK  Elam > Vaccaro ;)

As for the Teo thing, I just don't like him that much.  Has nothing to do with off the field issues, I just don't like him.  I fee he got way overhyped really quick, and yes... the first REALLY GOOD college team he faced, he was a nonfactor (though, as others have said, the entire team was a nonfactor)  I will admit, some of his struggles against 'Bama were because his Dline was getting manhandled and he was being blocked a lot more often than I think he was used too. 

I wouldn't hate it if we drafted him, but as I said, I think Bostic can be just as good for us at a way cheaper price.  Also, I don't think ILB is a 1st round need.

I still don't get how people can say that Alabama was the only good team ND played last year (not directed at you, more of a general rant here). Yeah, Te'o had a bad game against them. But they played a tough schedule and wound up with a top defense in no small part because of Te'o's contributions. Hold the other highly rated LB prospects up to the same microscope, and how much better do they really look?

Georgia giving up 180 rushing yards a game with 4 potential high NFL picks in their front 7, while playing a weaker schedule than ND? The same 'Bama team put up 350 rushing yards on them.

Kansas State getting shredded by Baylor and Lache Seastrunk to the tune of 10 yards per carry?

LSU giving up 166 on the ground and 6.5 yards per carry against 'Bama?

Yet, I never see these get brought up when people talk about Ogletree, Brown, and Minter. 

I understand that Te'o got overhyped, but that doesn't mean it makes sense to not judge the other LB's by the same standard a first round LB is held to.

I don't hold the Alabama game against Teo.  The idea that great players play great in big games is simply not true.  More times than not, they do, but I won't hold one game against him.  However, in all the games I've seen, I never thought that he really knocked by socks off, so I never understood all the hype.  I thought he was good, but nothing like the pub built him up to be.  Would we take him at 24?  I think it's more possible if they feel Angerer is injury prone and his foot is going to be problamatic.