Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to think Te'o would be a great addition

GoodLuck

I really do think Te'o stays in Bear country!  Urlacher is gone.  Close to Notre Dame where he is still beloved!

I still find it hard to believe that a player has one bad game his senior year after being a Heisman candidate ALL year long.....a great teammate....to his team and university teams....and all of a sudden is a 'lesser than.'

Angerer was a solid pick at 63....and Conner an exceptional pick-up in the 7th round. (240)

Being a Big 10 Fan, I will always like Pat....Te'o was much higher rated...before the 'game' and the 'hoax.'

I hope the Bears get him so we can see how he does on a week to week basis.  Good luck Manti!

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see the Bears picking Manti anyway.

That's where I think he'll go too...just because they have a need and there just seems to be a natural connection since he's in that area. Probably not a valid reason to take someone in the draft, but now Urlacher and Roach are out of the picture...they gotta grab someone. 

Peyton Manning was labeled as someone who cracks under pressure too... How did that turn out?

Please no on kill me for that remark. :/

actually manning still cracks under pressure hence the one and done in Denver last year. He had no business throwing that int.

Let's put it another way, what big plays did Luck make to help us win the game then (in the biggest game of his life)?  Not going to derail but knocking Teo for 1 game where ND was outplayed in every way isn't very fair or accurate.

If you didn't walk away from Luck's first playoff game feeling pretty excited, then all you did was look at the scoreboard.

actually manning still cracks under pressure hence the one and done in Denver last year. He had no business throwing that int.

That game had no business going to single OT much less double OT. Denver's "Elite" defense farted away that game.

Actually the Conductor does not "drive" the train, the Engineer does. The Conductor is responsible for communications, safety, and tracking the trains progress and the Engineer focuses on operating the train.

1297207367-the_more_you_know2.jpg

thanks killjoy

Well, that's Notre Dame & the media's fault for hyping him up. Every team eventually meets a team that they're no match for, but their star players still will shine or at least make ONE play. Te'o was better off riding the bench that whole game

you do realize teo had ten takles in that game.... right?

I'm not basing it off one game. Notre Dame didn't play anyone that entire year. They even almost loss to Pitt. Te'o benefited from the weak competition. And due to that weak schedule, Bama dismantled them on national television.

quick.... name a team that played more top 25 teams and bowl eligible teams than notre dame

I'm not going to argue, OP... he was the best player in college football last season by a mile... no other player, let alone ILB came close... I'm not sure how well his size and skill set transfer to the pro game, but not drafting him solely based on one game and/or that silly off the field stuff would be very stupid... If there are other (football related) reasons not to draft him, then so be it...

If Grigs likes him and he is available, I have no issues with drafting him... Soon he will have enough money to date whomever he wants and he has shown himself to be a hard worker and a stand up guy...

All this from a Purdue grad... I thought I'd never defend Teo, but now he matches one of our bigger needs, IMO and I think all of the attention on his silly mistake has been more ridiculous than the mistake itself... the guy isn't a thug or a drug smoker... he has never been caught drinking and driving or missing practice or trying to date rape anyone...

He is a solid prospect to say the least... It shows on tape... in 2012: 113 tackles/7ints./11 passes defensed...

all of that being said... there are players who I hope would fall more than Teo... I wouldn't mind getting him, but there are other options I like more at #24for sure...

He was one of my favorite, if not favorite players last year and before. He was a flat out beast up until the bama game. Considering they have pretty much 3 first rounders plus jones on the line you can knock him to much. Lacy was coming at him with a full head of stead through gaping holes. The biggest thing is the off field nonsense that disappoints me. I would not be opposed to bringing him in. But get your act together and let's not go through that crap again

He was one of my favorite, if not favorite players last year and before. He was a flat out beast up until the bama game. Considering they have pretty much 3 first rounders plus jones on the line you can knock him to much. Lacy was coming at him with a full head of stead through gaping holes. The biggest thing is the off field * that disappoints me. I would not be opposed to bringing him in. But get your act together and let's not go through that crap again

Not necessarily directed at you, but it's funny how fans defend players who fail drug tests or get arrested for irresponsible decisions and sometimes even violent actions, but have blacklisted someone because his girlfriend wasn't real. Not judging anyone or any angle, but I would think one would be easier to dismiss as irrelevant than the other. At the end of the day, the question I'm asking is whether he's going to be a good football player or not. And if there's off the field stuff to consider, I'm asking whether that really has the potential to distract him from staying focused on his job.

quick.... name a team that played more top 25 teams and bowl eligible teams than notre dame

Last Season, this was their "best" competition

Michigan State

Michigan

Stanford

USC

Oklahoma

Only 5 good teams, the rest are garbage and mediocre.

EVERY SEC teams plays a harder schedule than that one

Not necessarily directed at you, but it's funny how fans defend players who fail drug tests or get arrested for irresponsible decisions and sometimes even violent actions, but have blacklisted someone because his girlfriend wasn't real. Not judging anyone or any angle, but I would think one would be easier to dismiss as irrelevant than the other. At the end of the day, the question I'm asking is whether he's going to be a good football player or not. And if there's off the field stuff to consider, I'm asking whether that really has the potential to distract him from staying focused on his job.

Personally I cod dismiss the doing drugs or other dumb stuff than tried to feed me a line of crap in having a fake girlfriend...who died. The whole story is a crock of crap. Don't tell me a guy who goes to ND who is supposed to intelligent would actually fall for something like that.

With that said. Cats out of the bag. He has to deal with all of that on his own. Hopefully whatever it was is gone and in the past and he is ready to dig in and turn it around and back on track. I still believe he is the guy who played lights out for the last two seasons. Shouldn't be judged by one game.

Personally I cod dismiss the doing drugs or other dumb stuff than tried to feed me a line of crap in having a fake girlfriend...who died. The whole story is a crock of crap. Don't tell me a guy who goes to ND who is supposed to intelligent would actually fall for something like that.

With that said. Cats out of the bag. He has to deal with all of that on his own. Hopefully whatever it was is gone and in the past and he is ready to dig in and turn it around and back on track. I still believe he is the guy who played lights out for the last two seasons. Shouldn't be judged by one game.

So criminal actions -- illicit drugs, violent behavior, abuse of alcohol -- doesn't bother you as much as someone with a fake girlfriend?

To me, even if Te'o perpetrated the entire thing, that's not nearly as problematic as someone who has failed multiple drug tests, or who has been arrested for DUI or charged with resisting arrest, and so on. But that's just my opinion.

Like I said, I just want to know whether the guy can play football. And my concern over off the field activities only goes as far as wondering whether they have the potential to disrupt the player's career. Teo and his story are out of the bag; I can't see them being a distraction moving forward. Someone who has been involved in drugs or alcohol abuse or violent behavior is much more troubling to me. I'm more concerned about Alec Ogletree's off the field conduct than I am Te'o's fake dead girlfriend, or boyfriend, or whatever.

So criminal actions -- illicit drugs, violent behavior, abuse of alcohol -- doesn't bother you as much as someone with a fake girlfriend?

To me, even if Te'o perpetrated the entire thing, that's not nearly as problematic as someone who has failed multiple drug tests, or who has been arrested for DUI or charged with resisting arrest, and so on. But that's just my opinion.

Like I said, I just want to know whether the guy can play football. And my concern over off the field activities only goes as far as wondering whether they have the potential to disrupt the player's career. Teo and his story are out of the bag; I can't see them being a distraction moving forward. Someone who has been involved in drugs or alcohol abuse or violent behavior is much more troubling to me. I'm more concerned about Alec Ogletree's off the field conduct than I am Te'o's fake dead girlfriend, or boyfriend, or whatever.

If we're talking pacman jones, rolando McLain type of stupidity than heck no. But manti is no tebow. With today's technology I don't believe for one minute anything about the story. Honestly I could care less if he was gay also. All I want to see us the production on the field. And not bringing that outside drama to the team. Maybe I'm more po'd about it because I am a ND & teo fan. Was just like seriously? But I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him in, like I said. If he is there at the biggest need and fit.

I think it is a different animal.  Really do.  I think teams feel a lot more comfortable evaluating the illegal stuff and have more data to project from.  If there is more to the story than a simple Hoax (I think there is), then it is a completely different psychological profile than these teams evaluate on a regular basis.  It is a really curious case.  

As for if he can ball? He was considered a top ten pick because he was and had been a flat out beast. Always seemed to make plays and inspire the defense. Seemed to play with plenty of game speed. Was shocked at his 40 time. Maybe it was in his head, who knows.

Michigan State

Michigan

Stanford

USC

Oklahoma

notre dames schedule was the fiith toughest in the country

I think it is a different animal.  Really do.  I think teams feel a lot more comfortable evaluating the illegal stuff and have more data to project from.  If there is more to the story than a simple Hoax (I think there is), then it is a completely different psychological profile than these teams evaluate on a regular basis.  It is a really curious case.  

That's a different angle entirely. Might be more valid than the others.

Like I said, I'm not angling for him, especially not in the first round. Don't think he's a good fit for our defense. But I'm not particularly concerned with the hoax thing. Taking him at his word -- since that's all there really is to go off of right now -- he lied (that's ironic, by the way). That should mean that it's over now. If there's reason to believe that he's a pathological liar or that he has a problem with living in reality, that's a different story, and something that someone much more qualified than me should be considering.

But for me, it's about football. I don't think he makes sense for us only because of the football angle.

I see where you are coming from with that, and to a certain extent I can see why a scout/GM wouldn't know what to think of it all. But I cannot understand how fans are so quick to ridicule this behavior but are so forgiving when it comes to downright illegal and immoral activities. I guess its just a personal values thing but it really annoys me.

I really don't see how. Like I said outside of the 5 teams I listed, the rest weren't good

take a look at the "easier" games Notre Dame played.. .now look at the easier games on other teams schedules... Jeff Saragin has there schedule as the fifth toughest in the country

I think it is a different animal. Really do. I think teams feel a lot more comfortable evaluating the illegal stuff and have more data to project from. If there is more to the story than a simple Hoax (I think there is), then it is a completely different psychological profile than these teams evaluate on a regular basis. It is a really curious case.

This is was my feelings exactly. I just didn't put it in words as good as you did, thx! ;)

This dude is not a first round draft pick.     If he played for Iowa St he would be 3rd round prospect.   Like AJ Klein who is a very good player.    

Teo had 4 or fewer "SOLO" tackles in 10 of his 13 games this last year.      But then again he had a lot on (or in)  his mind...  heehhe

Manti is a "good" player.    He would be a fine second or third round pick IF INDY needed him.      BUT, Indy needs to to get a starter at 24 and MLB is not a need.    There will be plenty of great players there when we pick that will help a lot more.

IMLB'rs can be had anytime.   Next to RB it is the easiest position to fill.     Look at our own Roster....      "most of us" are fine with Indy's group in the middle (Angerer 3rd, KC 6th, and Freeman  UDFA)  And they are solid.   As long as our DL can keep blockers off of them they will make the plays.

JMO....  

Michigan State

Michigan

Stanford

USC

Oklahoma

Alabama schedule last year:

Sep 01 – Michigan Wolverines (Arlington, TX)

Sep 08 – Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

Sep 15 – at Arkansas Razorbacks

Sep 22 – Florida Atlantic Owls

Sep 29 – Ole Miss Rebels

Oct 06 – BYE

Oct 13 – at Missouri Tigers

Oct 20 – at Tennessee Volunteers

Oct 27 – Mississippi State Bulldogs

Nov 03 – at LSU Tigers

Nov 10 – Texas A&M Aggies

Nov 17 – Western Carolina Calamounts

Nov 24 – Auburn Tigers

And Georgia sec title game. LSU, A&M, Georgia were there only competition the rest werent good. There schedules I would say were about equal in form of strength of schedule, if I had to give an edge to tougher schedule I would lean towards ND

The point is about not casting a negative light on a player for 1 bad performance.

Besides the game here's a guy who admits that the pressure of the combine was too great for him and that's why his performance left something to be desired.  If the combine is too stressful for him I can only imagine what an important NFL game would do to the guy.  My guess is he would be something like this  :hide: in the locker room.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/02/25/teo-blames-slow-40-time-on-combine-stress/

I see where you are coming from with that, and to a certain extent I can see why a scout/GM wouldn't know what to think of it all. But I cannot understand how fans are so quick to ridicule this behavior but are so forgiving when it comes to downright illegal and immoral activities. I guess its just a personal values thing but it really annoys me.

All personal values aside, GM's are concerned about predictive behavior.

Predictive behavior:  Not necessarily in this order.....:)

• Fail interview done.
  • Miss interview done.
  • Tear up room done.
  • Show up late done.
  • Call yourself a Honey Badger....Done.
  • fail drug test....done....

Investments gentlemen.......maturity......

Not discounting stupidity on FB, MySpace all other avenues of HR snooping either.  I am the owner...I am the GM....I want who I want....good solid citizens....Pretty simple to me.....

All personal values aside, GM's are concerned about predictive behavior.

I don't see what's predictive about the Te'o hoax. Unless you can prove that he was involved in the entire thing -- and "there's just no way he didn't know!" isn't proof, sorry -- you can't project what else he might do.

There's a lot you can project based on a player getting arrested or failing a drug test.

I've seen 4 different mocks in the past half hour that have Teo going 25th to Min.

None of those mocks have the Colts picking the Same player at 24. (Carradine, Hankins, D. Jones, D. Moore)

It would be a Travesty if Grigson and Pagono let Teo Slip through there grasps.

Travesty? Really? Don't be a drama queen. He's not that great to be a first rounder.

Alabama schedule last year:

Sep 01 – Michigan Wolverines (Arlington, TX)

Sep 08 – Western Kentucky Hilltoppers

Sep 15 – at Arkansas Razorbacks

Sep 22 – Florida Atlantic Owls

Sep 29 – Ole Miss Rebels

Oct 06 – BYE

Oct 13 – at Missouri Tigers

Oct 20 – at Tennessee Volunteers

Oct 27 – Mississippi State Bulldogs

Nov 03 – at LSU Tigers

Nov 10 – Texas A&M Aggies

Nov 17 – Western Carolina Calamounts

Nov 24 – Auburn Tigers

And Georgia sec title game. LSU, A&M, Georgia were there only competition the rest werent good. There schedules I would say were about equal in form of strength of schedule, if I had to give an edge to tougher schedule I would lean towards ND

You can't even compare Bama's schedule. No matter what, they'll always be in the top 2. They weren't supposed to be this year when Johnny Football beat them, but all the fans and everyone else who vote counts will always put Bama on top. Which is why I no longer watch CFB last year was my final year watching it.

Predictive behavior:  Not necessarily in this order..... :)

• Fail interview done.
  • Miss interview done.
  • Tear up room done.
  • Show up late done.
  • Call yourself a Honey Badger....Done.
  • fail drug test....done....

Investments gentlemen.......maturity......

Not discounting stupidity on FB, MySpace all other avenues of HR snooping either.  I am the owner...I am the GM....I want who I want....good solid citizens....Pretty simple to me.....

I must admit I am taking a liking to TM's athleticism. 

BUT there is NO way in heck I am giving this undisciplined FIEND a dime of my money.  

IF I were to take a chance on this *.    It would be 100% NON GUARANTEED, and incentive stacked.

Oh and a random pee pee test when we want one.      Which would be often.

I don't see what's predictive about the Te'o hoax. Unless you can prove that he was involved in the entire thing -- and "there's just no way he didn't know!" isn't proof, sorry -- you can't project what else he might do.

There's a lot you can project based on a player getting arrested or failing a drug test.

Hmmm.  Don't see anything we disagree on here.  I don't think there is anything predictive about it either.  When I say GM's are concerned with predictive behavior, they are concerned about what you can't predict as well.  Like you say, you can't project what else he might do.  GM's sign players like Rolando McClain to unguaranteed minimum contracts, then cut them when they do something stupid...they know how to handle that part.