Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to think Te'o would be a great addition

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Angerer and Conner are better then Teo would be a reach if he was drafted in the 1st round.

Angerer and Conner were both drafted to play in a Tampa 2 Scheme.

Angerer is borderline Injury Prone

Conner lost playing time to Moise Foku.

Prior to the "scandal" Teo was projected in the top 10 as an ILB.

honestly i have no issue in drafting Te'o. even with the 24th pick. everyone can say if we " trade down " then yeah they wouldn't mind taking him, thing is he could be gone with the 23rd or 25th pick (if Minnesota does not trade either one) because Minnesota likes Te'o not to mention they have a thing in drafting them, especially the last couple of years. for example they drafted Tight Ends Kyle Rudolph and John Carlson Safeties Robert Blanton and Harrison Smith, and center John Sullivan. so i would not be surprised if he does not make it past minnesota anyway.

I've seen 4 different mocks in the past half hour that have Teo going 25th to Min.

None of those mocks have the Colts picking the Same player at 24. (Carradine, Hankins, D. Jones, D. Moore)

It would be a Travesty if Grigson and Pagono let Teo Slip through there grasps.

He probably won't even make it to 24. I can see Chicago taking him to take Urlacher's spot once he's gone.

If we happen to do take him, I'll support it. Won't like it, but it's Grigson's decision so I'll have to live with it. Didn't like the DHB signing, but I'll support him cause he plays for my team. That's just how that is for me

Angerer is a good player can play in any system and Conner is really good against the run. Teo is a good player but isn't an upgrade over our LB's. Ogletree would be an upgrade because of his speed and athleticism but not Teo.

I've seen 4 different mocks in the past half hour that have Teo going 25th to Min.

None of those mocks have the Colts picking the Same player at 24. (Carradine, Hankins, D. Jones, D. Moore)

It would be a Travesty if Grigson and Pagono let Teo Slip through there grasps.

honestly with how thin we are at MLB, you are correct it would prob be a mistake to let te'o slip through. im all about forgetting what happened with his personal life while he was in college, he made a dumb choice not everyone is perfect. but i think he has the traits to be a really good LB in the NFL. 

He probably won't even make it to 24. I can see Chicago taking him to take Urlacher's spot once he's gone.

If we happen to do take him, I'll support it. Won't like it, but it's Grigson's decision so I'll have to live with it. Didn't like the DHB signing, but I'll support him cause he plays for my team. That's just how that is for me

I was waiting for someone to say that!! i remember back in December a bears official said he possess some of the traits Urlacher has and if they got the oppertunity to draft him, it would be a mistake to let him slip. although im sure his opinion has changed now. 

Angerer is a good player can play in any system and Conner is really good against the run. Teo is a good player but isn't an upgrade over our LB's. Ogletree would be an upgrade because of his speed and athleticism but not Teo.

Again, Angerer is becoming a health concern and Conner was the 4th MLB on the depth chart behind an undrafted rookie (Freeman) and a journeyman at best (Foku). Teo will come in and start immediately and has the ability to become a leader of the D where as all the aforementioned LBs are merely role players.

As for Ogletree, he is definitely going to a 4-3 team and play the WLB spot. He is fast and athletic but he has no business being a middle linebacker.

and it really isnt even a scandal lol. it was made out to be because of who it was. if he was not projected as a first round pick the whole year let alone a top 10 or top 5 pick, and didnt play at notre dame it def would not have been a big issue. unfortunately one stupid choice has hurt him in the public eye.

Again, Angerer is becoming a health concern and Conner was the 4th MLB on the depth chart behind an undrafted rookie (Freeman) and a journeyman at best (Foku). Teo will come in and start immediately and has the ability to become a leader of the D where as all the aforementioned LBs are merely role players.

As for Ogletree, he is definitely going to a 4-3 team and play the WLB spot. He is fast and athletic but he has no business being a middle linebacker.

dont forget angerer is also a FA at the end of the season too. so there is no saying if he gets resigned. 

Yes, Mr. Crack Under Pressure

You said it in the original post. Up until the Bama game........ see right there is when you stop. Big time players make plays in big games

You can't handle the spotlight? Then you don't need to be on this team who will be in the spotlight 4, count it..... FOUR times this season

Kind of like how Luck made the plays to put up 9 points for us vs an aging Baltimore D right?  Silly to judge him on 1 game

Kind of like how Luck made the plays to put up 9 points for us vs an aging Baltimore D right? Silly to judge him on 1 game

So it's Luck's fault that we only scored 9 points? Hmmm okay

And it was one game, but the biggest game of his life so far. BCS Championship and he was INVISIBLE. And then when he did get the opportunity to make a play, he whiffed the tackles.. It's not his fault, not everyone can show up for big games. You either got it or lack it, & and seemed he Lacked it

So it's Luck's fault that we only scored 9 points? Hmmm okay

And it was one game, but the biggest game of his life so far. BCS Championship and he was INVISIBLE. And then when he did get the opportunity to make a play, he whiffed the tackles.. It's not his fault, not everyone can show up for big games. You either got it or lack it, & and seemed he Lacked it

Let's put it another way, what big plays did Luck make to help us win the game then (in the biggest game of his life)?  Not going to derail but knocking Teo for 1 game where ND was outplayed in every way isn't very fair or accurate.

I don't believe Luck plays QB WR and OL at the same time

Course he does. He's just that good that he can define the laws of physics haha

Call me biased (you probably wouldn't be wrong) but I'd rather draft Jon Bostic out of Florida later in the draft.

Tell em Holden! Your Gators don't crack under pressure or have imaginary girlfriends

*does gator mouth thingy the fans do* haha

Let's put it another way, what big plays did Luck make to help us win the game then (in the biggest game of his life)? Not going to derail but knocking Teo for 1 game where ND was outplayed in every way isn't very fair or accurate.

Well, that's Notre Dame & the media's fault for hyping him up. Every team eventually meets a team that they're no match for, but their star players still will shine or at least make ONE play. Te'o was better off riding the bench that whole game

The point is about not casting a negative light on a player for 1 bad performance.

I agree not sure why everyone thinks Teo is so bad he isn't terrible he had a bad game against Bama just like Walden I like him and everyone sees the play where he got beat by Kap and they assume he will suck

I agree not sure why everyone thinks Teo is so bad he isn't terrible he had a bad game against Bama just like Walden I like him and everyone sees the play where he got beat by Kap and they assume he will suck

I'm not basing it off one game. Notre Dame didn't play anyone that entire year. They even almost loss to Pitt. Te'o benefited from the weak competition. And due to that weak schedule, Bama dismantled them on national television.

Up until the Bama game, I thought he was an amazing playmaker with great instincts. Then I watched him on NFL net last night, and now I dont think the Bama gm was that bad. His DLine was abused. If Warmack and those guys are got there hands on Ray Lewis in his prime, same thing would've happened. He showed a nose for

the ball at times and just missed tackles.

Long story short, let's hop aboard the Te'o Train. Who's comin with me?

As long as we are throwing crap at the wall and seeing what sticks... how about we take Tebow off the Jets hands and convince him to be a RB. Between Luck, Tebow, and Te'o we would be the most talked about winning team in the history of history! 

All joking aside, I like Te'o from what I saw on Game Changers on NFLN. That is basically all I have seen of the guy... EVER! I just don't know if he should be on our team in the first round... second, maybe. If the Colts are committed to stopping the run then he very well could be in the cards... but, don't take that to the bank.

I'm not basing it off one game. Notre Dame didn't play anyone that entire year. They even almost loss to Pitt. Te'o benefited from the weak competition. And due to that weak schedule, Bama dismantled them on national television.

So who else would you rather get obliterated by Alabama, Oregon? An undefeated ND team draws more ratings than just about any program in college football.

Unfortunately, Bama is a powerhouse that rivals Miami circa 2002 and the Irish were martyrs for a day.

So who else would you rather get obliterated by Alabama, Oregon? An undefeated ND team draws more ratings than just about any program in college football.

Unfortunately, Bama is a powerhouse that rivals Miami circa 2002 and the Irish were martyrs for a day.

Oregon would've been a better opponent than ND.

Simply because, you can't hit....... what you can't catch

I personally don't like the idea of drafting him either but I think he will be ok ill let the bears have him tho

I've said it before, all this speculation is about to end. We're 3 days away from our 2nd draft in the new era. The monster is being built, who's gonna build it even more?

We'll find out in 3 days

Please please let Cooper fall haha I'm not giving up on that

I don't care about all the nonsense, I think he'll be a good pro. But I don't think he's the typical prospect for ILB in our defense, so I wouldn't like to see us draft him, especially not at #24. He'd be a better fit in a 4-3, where he can fight for snaps at strong and middle linebacker. The Vikings seem like a good fit for him, and most think it's likely he'll go to them no later than #25.