Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

I'm starting to think Te'o would be a great addition

Up until the Bama game, I thought he was an amazing playmaker with great instincts. Then I watched him on NFL net last night, and now I dont think the Bama gm was that bad. His DLine was abused. If Warmack and those guys are got there hands on Ray Lewis in his prime, same thing would've happened. He showed a nose for

the ball at times and just missed tackles.

Long story short, let's hop aboard the Te'o Train. Who's comin with me?

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Up until the Bama game, I thought he was an amazing playmaker with great instincts. Then I watched him on NFL net last night, and now I dont think the Bama gm was that bad. His DLine was abused. If Warmack and those guys are got there hands on Ray Lewis in his prime, same thing would've happened. He showed a nose for

Good player, not worth a first round pick. Would he start for us day 1? Maybe, but we have greater needs.

i don't think it will happen but i am on the train to. how are the waffles? do they have Bacon?

Of course they have bacon. The waffles are delicious. And we can sit wherever we want. I think I see Grigson waiting at the next stop. He looks hungry, and I know he smells the waffles.

Yes, Mr. Crack Under Pressure

You said it in the original post. Up until the Bama game........ see right there is when you stop. Big time players make plays in big games

You can't handle the spotlight? Then you don't need to be on this team who will be in the spotlight 4, count it..... FOUR times this season

I won't be riding the Te'o train. Eddie Lacy may not be great, but he's pretty good at running through tackles. Lacy's 220lb frame, and 4.5 speed, exposed Te'o's weeknesses. Te'o has great instincts, but his footwork is bad, and only gets to the sideline based on instincts, and not with physical talent. When he gets his hands on you, you're caught, that is of course, unless you're E.Lacy...

Yes, Mr. Crack Under Pressure

You said it in the original post. Up until the Bama game........ see right there is when you stop. Big time players make plays in big games

You can't handle the spotlight? Then you don't need to be on this team who will be in the spotlight 4, count it..... FOUR times this season

Yet another in depth and well thought examination of a players ability.

So I'm sitting on this big train all by myself? They have waffles

No you definitely aren't on the train by yourself.

It's crazy how people let 1 game, albeit a bad game, destroy 4 years of leadership and production. Teo would be an immediate upgrade to an average MLB group at best.

Freeman was a welcomed surprise, Angerer is straddling the fence of of Injury Prone and Conner although a tough cookie is no way the answer.

Teo has the baggage of the nasty hoax stuff but its getting really old to make him the butt of jokes. "Cracks under pressure" is a hefty statement, dude had the cahones to sit in front of the world and talk about it on Katie Couric. That takes guts.

Yea he had a horrific combine but ask yourself, would you honestly be able to perform at your best with all the crap he was dealing with in that 2-3 month span? I'd doubt it.

Let this guy get back to football, with a great coach in Coach Pagano and let him be the leader of the D. If Teo is on the board at 24, no way would a player as decorated as he is slip through Grigsons grasp.

P.S. I'm a pancake guy.

Someone shoot the conductor

Actually the Conductor does not "drive" the train, the Engineer does. The Conductor is responsible for communications, safety, and tracking the trains progress and the Engineer focuses on operating the train.

1297207367-the_more_you_know2.jpg

Honestly I could care less about the draft. I don't really care to pull for drafting someone.

So if we draft Teo then he is a Colt. Until then I could care less about names in college football.

The draft represents the future of every franchise. There is nothing greater to get excited about than the future of your franchise. But, to each his own.

The draft represents the future of every franchise. There is nothing greater to get excited about than the future of your franchise. But, to each his own.

I understand the possible future is fun for some people, but it just isn't me.

I get the whole "well in 5 years he will give us the best chance." Well that's nice for my future self in 5 years, but that does nothing for me now. What gives us the best option in the immediate future is what I care more for.

Likw you said, to each their own.

The only reason I probably wouldn't draft him at #24 is because of the diminishing value of the ILB in the modern game... they are simply not held in the same regard as DTs and pass rushers, and thus it could be conceived as a reach.

However, he is easily one of the best football players in this draft class, a lot of people forget that that is kind of the point... to play football.

Prior to him being "catfished" & the Alabama game he wouldn't even be considered a possibility at 24 because he'd already be off the board...

With that said there are some other options that are more intriguing to me personally, but Grigs could do a lot worse than draft Teo...

He may not be as talented as he looks at the college level, and probably more to the Teo story than meets the eye.  NFL teams probably care more about those issues than we think.  Just because the story has gotten tired in the media doesn't mean that its impact as a core character issue is lost on GM's selecting in the 1st Rd.

honestly i have no issue in drafting Te'o. even with the 24th pick. everyone can say if we " trade down " then yeah they wouldn't mind taking him, thing is he could be gone with the 23rd or 25th pick (if Minnesota does not trade either one) because Minnesota likes Te'o not to mention they have a thing in drafting them, especially the last couple of years. for example they drafted Tight Ends Kyle Rudolph and John Carlson Safeties Robert Blanton and Harrison Smith, and center John Sullivan.  so i would not be surprised if he does not make it past minnesota anyway.