Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Will QB's being taken in top 10 help Cooper or Warmack fall to us?

No.

There aren't enough QB's that will be taken high enough to push Warmack or Cooper down to us.....

It's just not going to happen.....

I just think its possible cooper falls for one he is a guard and its a deep class for them so there is the possibility of teams skipping on them for a more important need last year the best guard didn't go till late 1st either and also the players that the teams pass on go a QB the teams after make take them over a G aswell

I just think its possible cooper falls for one he is a guard and its a deep class for them so there is the possibility of teams skipping on them for a more important need last year the best guard didn't go till late 1st either and also the players that the teams pass on go a QB the teams after make take them over a G aswell

Well.....

I hope you're right.    But last year's draft and this year's draft are as different as night and day.    Plus,  both Warmack and Cooper grade out higher than DeCastro.

I don't like saying never....    so, I'll give you the slimmest of odds....   but this would be an incredibly long shot....

Well.....

I hope you're right. But last year's draft and this year's draft are as different as night and day. Plus, both Warmack and Cooper grade out higher than DeCastro.

I don't like saying never.... so, I'll give you the slimmest of odds.... but this would be an incredibly long shot....

My only reason for asking everyone is I just think out of the teams that need G most have a bigger more important need and the others are looking at Barkley Nassib and Geno I'm just really hoping one of them will fall Cooper is awesome and I want him on the colts so bad lol

My only reason for asking everyone is I just think out of the teams that need G most have a bigger more important need and the others are looking at Barkley Nassib and Geno I'm just really hoping one of them will fall Cooper is awesome and I want him on the colts so bad lol

As I'm sure you probably know, I was the first to bring up the idea of trading back and I've been banging that drum long and loud ever since....

But if either Cooper or Warmack falls to the Colts,  I'll be screaming the loudest for Grigson to take them!   Write the name on the card and send it in.    Don't wait to hear about offers from other teams....    have your guy in NY spring with the card right up to Goddell and tell him to say it out loud!!

That would be the dream!

One might fall to us either way in my opinion, they are Guards. But it wont be because of 1 or 2 QB's taken, that is simply not enough. Its more likely to happen do to the number of defensive players that are expected to go in the 1st round, Including some defensive players that may have just jumped into the 1st round discussion recently, Matt Elam being 1

One might fall to us either way in my opinion, they are Guards. But it wont be because of 1 or 2 QB's taken, that is simply not enough. Its more likely to happen do to the number of defensive players that are expected to go in the 1st round, Including some defensive players that may have just jumped into the 1st round discussion recently, Matt Elam being 1

That's pretty much my point to just with QB's being taken in the top ten the players that would have went at those spots will fall to other teams then maybe instead of taking Cooper or Warmack they will take one of the D players that might not have fallen if the QB's weren't takin Ik I sound confusing but I agree with you just saying I think the QB's may help a little bit

Sheldon Richardson or Sylvester Williams might end up being available if QBs go off the board. Those are the 2 names I think could slightly drop.

There is a small chance Jarvis Jones would be available too, IMO. He has a lethal first step like Terrell Suggs, IMO. If not for his spinal stenosis, he would be top 10.

The Cardinals, Chargers,Jets,Cowboys,Rams and Giants all need Guards both will be gone.

The cards will most likely go OT jets I think will take Mingo and Austin rams will take WR and S giants need a CB Chargers could go OG but cowboys are the only real threat of taking one and as others have said they are G

I think Cooper will fall to us.  I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that we end up drafting Cooper.  

Last year all those QB's came off the board in the top 10.  This year I think it will be OT's coming off the board early.  

Teams really don't like to draft guards early in the 1st round at all.  I think the networks play them up a lot but they end up falling quite often.

Last year Decastro was played up quite a bit, and was the first guard taken but he still fell to 24.  Warmack will probably be the first guard off the board, and I don't know that he falls that far, but I think Cooper will still be on the board when we pick.  And I think that's what our pick will be.  

I think Cooper will fall to us. I don't know why, but I just have a feeling that we end up drafting Cooper.

Last year all those QB's came off the board in the top 10. This year I think it will be OT's coming off the board early.

Teams really don't like to draft guards early in the 1st round at all. I think the networks play them up a lot but they end up falling quite often.

Last year Decastro was played up quite a bit, and was the first guard taken but he still fell to 24. Warmack will probably be the first guard off the board, and I don't know that he falls that far, but I think Cooper will still be on the board when we pick. And I think that's what our pick will be.

I totally agree about G not goin early especially with it being a deep draft for G teams can pass for a good D player and grab a winters warford or jones type player later no teams have as big a need for a G as we do IMO and I also think there is a chance cooper falls to us I believe the cowboys will get warmack

Put it out of your head.  Neither Cooper nor Warmack are falling to #24. 

This is what I have done. With pretty much all of the highly touted O-linemen.

Pessimism has its advantages... if things go the way you expect them to you aren't disappointed, and if they don't it's a pleasant surprise!