Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts 2013 Schedule [Merge]

Dustin

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally,  I would change 'probably' to 'possibly'...

I think we'll likely lose to Texans in Houston and to the Bengals in Cincy.    We could win both, but I wouldn't think either is likely.

Right on. I guess I shouldn't get ahead of myself. haha Just excited for the season.

First reaction....

This schedule feels like 10 or 11 wins to me....

I see the losses to San Fran, Seattle,  Denver,  Houston in Texas and Cincinnati.

I just don't see us winning 7 or 8 in a row to end the year....

I think it's possible...  just not likely....

Either way....   10 or 11 wins should be enough to make the playoffs....   and this time,  we should have a good enough team to do some damage in the post season....

My quick thoughts:

• I really like that week 8 is bye. Bye at week 4 last season was a little too early to my liking.
  • We have quite a lot prime time games, compared to last season. Guys at NFL grew to like Luck&Colts?
  • I see some tough games, but who knows?? IMO strength of a schedule could be estimated only afterwards. Who thought that Colts with a rookie QB would win 11 games last season???
  • IMO Denver, Houston, San Fran, Cincy and San Diego games would be tough...Arizona is also interesting (wouldn't be if Arians wasn't there).
  • If I were NFL commissioner (however Gooddell has little effect on schedule, I reckon), Colts-Broncos game would be MNF. No explanation is needed here. Period.
  • At least 2 Colts game would be on air LIVE in Hungary, as right to broadcast MNFs and TNFs are usually bought. There is a chance that Sunday 4PM games would be also televised, but it also depends on other teams' schedules...and PO games of course.

<p>

My quick thoughts:

• I really like that week 8 is bye. Bye at week 4 last season was a little too early to my liking.
  • We have quite a lot prime time games, compared to last season. Guys at NFL grew to like Luck&Colts?
  • I see some tough games, but who knows?? IMO strength of a schedule could be estimated only afterwards. Who thought that Colts with a rookie QB would win 11 games last season???
  • IMO Denver, Houston, San Fran, Cincy and San Diego games would be tough...Arizona is also interesting (wouldn't be if Arians wasn't there).
  • If I were NFL commissioner (however Gooddell has little effect on schedule, I reckon), Colts-Broncos game would be MNF. No explanation is needed here. Period.
  • At least 2 Colts game would be on air LIVE in Hungary, as right to broadcast MNFs and TNFs are usually bought. There is a chance that Sunday 4PM games would be also televised, but it also depends on other teams' schedules...and PO games of course.
SNF has become what MNF was so Colts/Broncos is a prime game.

11-5 all the way for me.

Raiders - W - 1-0

Dolphins - W - 2-0

@Niners - L - 2-1

Jags - W - 3-1

Seahawks - L - 3-2

@Chargers - W - 4-2

Broncos - L - 4-3

BYE - 4-3

@Texans - L - 4-4

Rams - W - 5-4

@Titans - W - 6-4

@Cardinals - W - 7-4

Titans - W - 8-4

@Bengals - L - 8-5

Texans - W - 9-5

@Chiefs - W - 10-5

Jags - W - 11-5

@Cardinals will be an interesting one though, Chuck and Manusky up against Bruce, guys who know each others gameplans and thinking inside out. If we lose out there, I see us beating the Bengals instead to preserve my prediction! 

I agree with this and that the Cards would be a huge win. I can't say that we do well on the road in SD either. I'm at 10-6 with us losing one of those two.

Seahawks - W - 4-1: Russel Wilson and Andrew Luck square off in the battle of two 2nd year QBs. Indy holds onto a late lead and wins. 27-21

@Chargers - W - 5-1: The Colts in their first primetime matchup of the year put on a good display. Luck tosses 2 TDs and a Philip Rivers INT seals a Solid Colts win. 24-13

Broncos - W 6-1: The game of the year lives up to the hype. Both Andrew Luck and Peyton Manning lead their teams to score after score. Luck and co. deliever the final blow on a late AV FG. 34-31

BYE - 6-1

I don't like to pick apart other peoples predictions, but I will say that winning the above games in a row might net you some coin if you wagered in Vegas.

I guess the Ravens proved that the Colts were regular season pretenders as well in that case. Texans have actually won 2 playoff games the past two seasons...

How so? I felt we had a very good showing against a pretty tough tream. Noone was able to stop fly routes of smith and boldin. It was like either a catch or hope for PI. It's like camping in an objective based game in COD or something, just ticks you off.

Chiefs game late in the season at Arrowhead is definitely a tricky one. Chiefs are a talented team that were held back by QB play, IMO. We will see whether Chiefs are fighting for anything then.

I went to the chiefs game last year. That was a horrible time. Only because I was sitting in the sun and still freezing. Like my toes went numb and were throbbing when they warmed up. Slightly frost bitten I think. But it was still fun cause I got to see the colts play.

Week 1: vs Raiders (CBS)   W

Week 2: vs Dolphins (CBS)   W

Week 3: at 49ers (CBS)   L

Week 4: at Jaguars (CBS)   W

Week 5: vs Seahawks (FOX)   L

Week 6: at Chargers (ESPN)   W

Week 7: vs Broncos (NBC)   L

Week 8: BYE

Week 9: at Texans (NBC)  L

Week 10: vs Rams (FOX)   W

Week 11: at Titans (NFL)   W

Week 12: at Cards (CBS)   W

Week 13: vs Titans (CBS)   W

Week 14: at Bengals (CBS)   W

Week 15: vs Texans (CBS)   W

Week 16: at Chiefs (CBS)   W  

Week 17: vs Jaguars (CBS)   W

12-4

I don't like to pick apart other peoples predictions, but I will say that winning the above games in a row might net you some coin if you wagered in Vegas.

I believe it's possible. I really think this team and really the offense specifically has the potential to be an elite offense. There are no limits to the playbook, giving a diverse arsenal to attack defenses. They say the biggest leap for rookie QBs is from year one to year two. I think we will see that this year. Luck finds a way to pull out close games and I think we will see him do it even more this year.

How so? I felt we had a very good showing against a pretty tough tream. Noone was able to stop fly routes of smith and boldin. It was like either a catch or hope for PI. It's like camping in an objective based game in COD or something, just ticks you off.

I was merely countering the other guy's assumption that we were "pretenders" which is untrue with another wild statement. Nothing to see here lol.

8-8. Factoring in growing pains I think we have a more average year, but become a more solid team in the process.

I think this might be close to the truth, the 2012 Colts W  11 L 5  (+6) pf 357 pa 387 (-30), compare it to the 2012 Saints W 7 L 9  (-4) pf 461 pa 454 (+7) statistically we are one of the luckier teams to  make the playoffs in recent years, not quite as weird as the  1998 Arizona Cardinals (-53). that being said, I think Andrew Luck will be better, I also don't believe Houston is going to be 12-4 again, so they might get a division title with 10 wins.

Almost impossible to predict who may decline/improve so a lot of schedule predictions can be meaningless.

But, week 1 vs. the Raiders "should" end up being a win at home so take it from there.......

However, feels like our year to me all offseason and I will leave it at that. :blueshoe:

I think many of you are getting way ahead of yourselves. This team is still progressing and we aren't finished building the monster. I see something between 7&9 and 9&7. It will be another rollercoaster ride. We are capable of upsetting San Fran but just as much as we are capable of losing away to the Jags.

Almost impossible to predict who may decline/improve so a lot of schedule predictions can be meaningless.

But, week 1 vs. the Raiders "should" end up being a win at home so take it from there.......

However, feels like our year to me all offseason and I will leave it at that. :blueshoe:

As posted in another thread discussing strength of schedule, looking at QB play is a good way of determining if teams will improve, etc. thought it was a good point...

But there are still a lot of question marks with teams starting new QBs...

Chiefs game late in the season at Arrowhead is definitely a tricky one. Chiefs are a talented team that were held back by QB play, IMO. We will see whether Chiefs are fighting for anything then.

With all the talent on that team and a real QB now, they could have a Colts-like turnaround, and add the fact that the Chiefs are ridicously tough at home (Held to Broncs and Ravens to a combined 27 point at home... Colts to 20).

That could definitely go the Chiefs way. Another trap game could be the Cards game. Another tough team at home.

49ers and Cards game at 4:15pm. All the other daytime games are at 1:00pm.

The good news is it does not get us off of our 1 PM mentality.....being out west is not fun.

I know it affects every person and every team differently, but when I traveled every week....three hours messed me up :)

I am liking the 415 starts out west...makes for a nice rythym!!   :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:  :blueshoe:

I initially went through the schedule and said 13-3.  I analyzed a little deeper......and I think 11-5 again.  The first 7 are tough....not to say we could not go on a roll to the...shall I say...Super......Not yet :)

:colts:  :colts:  :colts:  :colts:

With all the talent on that team and a real QB now, they could have a Colts-like turnaround, and add the fact that the Chiefs are ridicously tough at home (Held to Broncs and Ravens to a combined 27 point at home... Colts to 20).

That could definitely go the Chiefs way. Another trap game could be the Cards game. Another tough team at home.

Yep. I think the Chiefs could legitimately push the Broncos for the AFC West title.

Yep. I think the Chiefs could legitimately push the Broncos for the AFC West title.

I do not like the Chiefs...because I worked in KC for so long, but I want Reid to do well with all that he went through with his son...and the mess known as the Eagles....we know the crowd there is ready to back them!!!

I do not like the Chiefs...because I worked in KC for so long, but I want Reid to do well with all that he went through with his son...and the mess known as the Eagles....we know the crowd there is ready to back them!!!

Lol I don't really follow them either but yes, I do want to see Reid succeed, as well as Smith. And that crowd is killer...they are really going to be out and a force at Arrowhead now. They've smelled blood.

Lol I don't really follow them either but yes, I do want to see Reid succeed, as well as Smith. And that crowd is killer...they are really going to be out and a force at Arrowhead now. They've smelled blood.

I am glad my cell phone plan changed from my work days :)  I too want to see how Smith does...They are starving in KC, MO and KC , KS for this season to start!!!

Should slide in to the palyoffs with this schedule. Nice to rest for the Texans in mid-season. Jags are probably the easiest with all others being good, solid teams. I don't see many guarantees here so the games should be exciting as they were last year.