Indianapolis Colts
  • ×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Thread of the Week

• Topics

• Honestly though it seems like the media plays far more than 32 potential first rounders.     Every year after the first round ends it feels like there are at least a dozen players sometimes more where everyone is shocked that they are still on the board at the start of round 2.     I don't know everything about all of these players.  But unless you are talking about someone who's clearly going in the top half of the first round, the talent difference between the bottom half of the first and top of the 2nd doesn't seem to be very big.     I think that might be why Ballard has managed to consistently have multiple 2nd round picks for 3 years straight now.  People over value those bottom of the 1st round picks and under value the top of the 2nd round picks.  
    • And what he said is absolutely true.  They do like Jacoby and love his leadership.  I don't think anyone is questioning that.  But like everyone else Ballard is going to try and improve that position - if he can - in what he sees as a smart way.     I would be surprised to see him over pay for a free agent or "sell the farm" by trading away a bunch of picks to move up in the draft.  He is going to find a deal that he feels good about and it is possible that deal would include having JB as the main guy heading into next season.   We should all be prepared for that possibility.  
    • You sure?   2018 he threw for 4308 yards on 68.3 completion %.  32 TD's 12 INT's.  105.5 rating.   12-4 record.    Even last years numbers are an improvement over Brissetts best.    That was with the 5th worst time to throw.    The Colts were 2nd best.     
    • Drafting an offensive guard high doesn't make much sense to me.  We have our starting lineup.  You could look at replacing Glow as he is the weak link but even then we have so many other concerns that it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me.   Just on offense you could make a much better argument for drafting a OT, WR or a RB high.    And on defense you could argue for DL, CB, ILB as well.   OG seems like a luxury pick.  
  • Members

• stitches

stitches 7,437

• funktacious2

funktacious2 641

• Happy2BeHere

Happy2BeHere 789

• Superman

Superman 36,170

Moderators
    • pacolts56

pacolts56 3,850