Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Datone Jones ? Derick Shultz talking on NFL Network projects 24th pick

Whole point of thread was to get opinions and get a good discussion started

We could go in and just attack any mock....I like the open discussion...not someone saying NO!  Like they know any more...ridiculous sometimes...funny, but ridiculous :)

I think agreeing to disagree has worked well here lately :)

We could go in and just attack any mock....I like the open discussion...not someone saying NO!  Like they know any more...ridiculous sometimes...funny, but ridiculous :)

I think agreeing to disagree has worked well here lately :)

:thmup:

I wouldn't overlook that our most prevalent nickel package doesn't look much like a 2 gap system - and we are in this look a lot.  I also wouldn't overlook Jones' potential in the Cory Redding role as an every down player, especially since he is likely to add 5-15 pounds in the NFL over time.  Redding was listed at 280 # coming out of college himself.

Corey Redding clone for sure...He will be a solid, dependable pro for years..Nothing spectacular but just solid in run and can get after the passer a little bit...I would be ok with this pick, but prefer others.

If Jarvis Jones is in town appears our Colts might have other ideas than the draft gurus :funny: wow wasn't expecting that

All a part of the big scheme!!!  This is big business at work!!  Postering....smoke....Gms are doing it...players are doing it...more bang for the buck Brother!   :huthut:

I think he could play 3-4 DE although he is a bit of a tweener, but he penetrates gaps well, holds containment and tackles well, problem I see with him is against stronger D Linemen he struggles to disengage and I think would strictly play 3-4 DE in our scheme but could easily be wrong about that when going to 4 down linemen

Love these breakdowns

I think he could play 3-4 DE although he is a bit of a tweener, but he penetrates gaps well, holds containment and tackles well, problem I see with him is against stronger D Linemen he struggles to disengage and I think would strictly play 3-4 DE in our scheme but could easily be wrong about that when going to 4 down linemen

Love these breakdowns

Kind of what worried me about Carradine where WE agreed to disagree...the tweener mode....I love the breakdowns too!!

Love these breakdowns

Didn't see this video thanks for posting it

All I gotta say is this: When you have HOF LB Lawrence Taylor's jersey number [#56], you had better bring the pressure every single down & he appears to make his presence known.  haha

Lol wasn't even paying attention to that,but good point ,LT would be one of my alltime greats if I were choosing a team

Lol wasn't even paying attention to that,but good point ,LT would be one of my alltime greats if I were choosing a team

The eyes have it...

mike_singletary.jpg

No problem Jay. Those eyes, those piercing Singletary eyes...Don't bleep with the 85 Bears man...I remember that squad & DC Buddy Ryan very, very well...Drop the hammer & bring the pain baby!  :yahoo:

No problem Jay. Those eyes, those piercing Singletary eyes...Don't bleep with the 85 Bears man...I remember that squad & DC Buddy Ryan very, very well...Drop the hammer & bring the pain baby!  :yahoo:

I know that was the Buddy Ryan 4-6 or 46 defense, but that is the kind of run stuffing I remember....the 85 Bears....and yes the Lambert Era Steelers...

I know I am a defensive freak, but I want my 3-4 guys BIG on the 3 side.....even the OLBs should be 'large.'

You did say 58 not 56 right....this guy looks a scooch upset :)

JackLambert_display_image.jpg?1274539964

I always thought LB Jack Lambert should do dental check up & oral hygiene TV Commercials myself. :funny::lol: Just Kidding Brent!!! Jack doesn't seem too receptive to that idea though...He looks ticked. Gotta Run now! HA! HA!

lambert_century.jpg

I know I am a defensive freak, but I want my 3-4 guys BIG on the 3 side.....even the OLBs should be 'large.'

You may be a defensive freak Brent, but you're my kind of freak man...Nothing wrong with that...Bring the tackles, hits, & the blood...Now, that's the NFL I know & love...Punishment & intimidation...That's what this league is all about & what I remember watching as a little kid anyway...

You may be a defensive freak Brent, but you're my kind of freak man...Nothing wrong with that...Bring the tackles, hits, & the blood...Now, that's the NFL I know & love...Punishment & intimidation...That's what this league is all about & what I remember watching as a little kid anyway...

I finally got a like back from like.....Hades as you call it...Dam without the N straight....gotta play defense in this new offensive....we "don't need a back in the first round" league Brother!  :clap:

Arthur Brown, DeAndre Hopkins or Jarvis Jones - seems like one of them might be around here. I won't be unhappy with any of those 3.

I find it interesting that Arthur Brown compares with Navarro Bowman because I felt Arthur Brown was best suited for weak side ILB in a 3-4 that Bowman is:

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/arthur-brown?id=2539245