Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts sign OLB Josh McNary

HtownColt

Colts signed OLB Josh McNary.

McNary is Army’s all-time leader in sacks, but a two-year commitment to the Army prevented a team from drafting him in 2011. A strong showing at last week's Super Regional Combine earned him a chance with the Colts. He's a long-shot for a roster spot. Apr 10 - 4:55 PM

Source: Dave Birkett on Twitter

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

found this on youtube it was posted a month ago while he was training for the regional combine.

They have him listed at MLB 6'0 250lbs 4.64 40time, guess his training staff feels his best bet is MLB. Grigson might be hoping to find another Jerell Freeman

found this on youtube it was posted a month ago while he was training for the regional combine.

They have him listed at MLB 6'0 250lbs 4.64 40time, guess his training staff feels his best bet is MLB. Grigson might be hoping to find another Jerell Freeman

0 risk signing... no complaints here.   

wait a minute everyone says he is small at 6' 250???

Robert Mathis - 6'2 - 245lbs

Jerry Hughes - 6'2 254 lbs

Erik Walden - 6'2 - 250 lbs

Jake Killeen - 6'4 - 240 lbs

Justin Hickman - 6'2 - 258 lbs

i would say he is at a pretty avg size for OUR OLB's who play in a 3-4 and have going on two years now. 

Went from the NFL, to the CFL, to signing our Nation's heroes? Grigson........ you are truly something my friend :colts:

Good signing! :yahoo:

No rock unturned. He wasn't joking when he came in and talked about rolling up his sleeves and going to work. Love that he is constantly trying to improve the team.

No rock unturned. He wasn't joking when he came in and talked about rolling up his sleeves and going to work. Love that he is constantly trying to improve the team.

Yeah. And you'd think he was in Draft mode. Nope, he still making moves. This makes me believe that he did take a look at McClain (signed with Ravens) but didn't like what he saw so he went elsewhere

Yeah. And you'd think he was in Draft mode. Nope, he still making moves. This makes me believe that he did take a look at McClain (signed with Ravens) but didn't like what he saw so he went elsewhere

True, you got a point there! Grigson is awesome! What a good move to bring him in.

I know it won't be on the same scale as last year, but it'll be odd, after so long of the same ol', same ol', to have soooooo many new faces, and new schemes two years in a row.

It'll almost be like a new team AGAIN.

Not knowing what to expect.

I know it won't be on the same scale as last year, but it'll be odd, after so long of the same ol', same ol', to have soooooo many new faces, and new schemes two years in a row.

I expect brilliance! ;)

Well, offense are the only ones with a new trick lol. But I get what you're saying. Makes it more exciting imo

So are you guys thinking he could play ILB with Freeman?

He has to make the team first in the preseason. If he does I think he could be a rotational guy like Fokou was. Really don't know where Pagano wants to play him either MLB or OLB. Have to figure that out in minicamp

He has to make the team first in the preseason. If he does I think he could be a rotational guy like Fokou was. Really don't know where Pagano wants to play him either MLB or OLB. Have to figure that out in minicamp

Ok yeah I just didn't know if he had potential at ILB

Ok yeah I just didn't know if he had potential at ILB

It's just his training video from this past month says MLB and 250lbs, he played his entire career at OLB and a little over 230lbs. Frankly I don't think nobody knows his official weight yet, or whether he will play MLB or OLB

It's just his training video from this past month says MLB and 250lbs, he played his entire career at OLB and a little over 230lbs. Frankly I don't think nobody knows his official weight yet, or whether he will play MLB or OLB

Ok thanks for the info just haven't followed many college ayers so I ask about alot of them lol there are alot of ppl here that have high IQs about ppl in all rounds of the draft and I wouldn't know anything about ppl from army

Ok thanks for the info just haven't followed many college ayers so I ask about alot of them lol there are alot of ppl here that have high IQs about ppl in all rounds of the draft and I wouldn't know anything about ppl from army

I'm pretty sure everybody was in the same boat when we signed this guy lol. Only somebody who follows Army football would know him. And apparently he is very good rushing the passer(28 sacks and 49 tackles for loss in his time there)

I'm pretty sure everybody was in the same boat when we signed this guy lol. Only somebody who follows Army football would know him. And apparently he is very good rushing the passer(28 sacks and 49 tackles for loss in his time there)

Sounds good to me I trust Grigson lol