Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Manti Teo has "Mother Issues", DON'T WANT HIM...

He keeps getting brought up and will be a train wreck for whoever is dumb enough to draft him...Grigson is smarter than that, I wouldn't take him in any round..The abuse he is gonna take will absolutely destroy him and it's sad but I can see him pulling a "Seau" in the future...We don't need it and don't want him...I'd rather have any player with character issues over him.

I'm on record as not wanting him as our first rounder, but the level of hate Te'o's getting is absolutely ridiculous. 

I can also guarantee you that when something like "mother issues" comes up 3 weeks before the draft, it's because a team's desperately trying to get him to fall to them. Happens every year when there's no other news available to try and get the guy you want to drop to you.

Before I saw who the original poster was....   I wondered who would be dumb enough to make such an awful comment with the "Seau" crack....

And then I saw who it was.....       :slaphead:

Why am I not surprised......    Oh, for the Love of God!        :facepalm:

Teo is definitely a very "fragile" personality IMO.       But to insinuate he would so something as tragic as JR Seau is a bit reckless.  

If Manit is having issues then I would hope the people around him help in in very way.   And if Indy happens to be his destination then I will support him like any other Colt.     As Indy will support any player they draft.

That said I don't want him .....   at all.           Indy is fine at ILB.         It won't happen.

Wow, that's pretty harsh, especially the "Seau" remark. I don't want anything at all to do with him either, but geez, take it it easy.

Starting to wonder aloud if almost every new post by this OP has to have a "Flashpoint."  

I really do not like comparisons to Seau......really bad choice IMO.  Not thrilled with the title either on Mother issues....do not see a source.  

Te'o went from a legitimate Heisman trophy candidate to an internet laughing stock.  He will be fine with a strong coaching personality....Pags would be great for him....

No I do not want him in the draft, just making a good fit...He would run through a brick wall for Pagano!!

Teo will be a decent, but not great ILB in the NFL

(IMHO)

He will need the right scheme...

Not a first round talent, but if we're in the late 2nd and needed an ILB, I would take him

We don't need an ILB, we dont have a second, so it's a moot point.

ILB is way down the list.....

This board is brutal sometimes........ The Good Lord intended all Colts fans to be nice to each other.(and others)

He keeps getting brought up and will be a train wreck for whoever is dumb enough to draft him...Grigson is smarter than that, I wouldn't take him in any round..The abuse he is gonna take will absolutely destroy him and it's sad but I can see him pulling a "Seau" in the future...We don't need it and don't want him...I'd rather have any player with character issues over him.

First drop the "WE" ...        you are not Colt material.

Dude you don't know any of these players.   You don't know Teo.   You don't know the trainers.        How could you possibly make such a stupid, asinine, and baseless statement?    I will agree Mani's situation is "embarrassing"   but you would rather support a drug dealer, wife beater, rapist, murderer....  ???  

Everyone that knows Teo supports his character as a human being.

YOU are an *.   

First drop the "WE" ...        you are not Colt material.

Dude you don't know any of these players.   You don't know Teo.   You don't know the trainers.        How could you possibly make such a stupid, asinine, and baseless statement?    I will agree Mani's situation is "embarrassing"   but you would rather support a drug dealer, wife beater, rapist, murderer....  ???  

Everyone that knows Teo supports his character as a human being.

YOU are an *.   

I had to look.....we now have Nobody and Everyone.........so.....

everybody-likes-me.jpg

HA HA!  I know that one is not the case :)

I had to look.....we now have Nobody and Everyone.........so.....

everybody-likes-me.jpg

HA HA!  I know that one is not the case :)

Mc11 your avatar alone gets you "SuperPimpPoints" . . . 

or better yet a couple snaps.....   and some "MEN on Football" ...

Mc11 your avatar alone gets you "SuperPimpPoints" . . . 

or better yet a couple snaps.....   and some "MEN on Football" ...

Big boy is by my side....through the good times and bad brother!  From 0-14 starts to 11-5 records.....hopefully he makes it to the next  :lombardi: !!!!! :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

:facepalm:

Wow, that's pretty harsh, especially the "Seau" remark. I don't want anything at all to do with him either, but geez, take it it easy.

LISTEN....I don't want anything to happen to the guy at all...All I'm saying is I can see it spiraling down to that point. He has a very fragile psyche like a lot of people on here seem to have..JUST kIDDING...TAKE IT EASY-...Seriously though, with the abuse he will take from other players and TRUST me they will not be easy on him and MOST importantly the MEDIA will not rest until the see the guy break they love nothing more than the human tragedy!!! The same media that propped him up will not rest until he is completely broken! You think the Tebow circus was crazy??? Wait till you see the circus this guy brings to town! In NO way DO i want anything bad to happen to him, I just can see it coming....That is why the Colts and many many other teams aren't gonna touch this guy...It's sad because he has talent and don't seem like a bad guy personally, but it is what it is..I speak the truth and sometimes people can't handle the truth..So tired of all this Politically Correct culture we are living in today...We need to grow a backbone and just tell it like it is sometimes instead of worrying about hurt feelings and sensitivities. THE WORLD AIN'T ALL SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS, IT'S A VERY MEAN AND UGLY PLACE...AND IT WILL BEAT YOU DOWN AND BRING YOU TO YOUR KNEES IF YOU LET IT! NOTHING HITS HARDER THAN LIFE! 

this guy is gonna be the joke of every locker room in the nfl

Of course he will.........Then he will step on the field and all those haters are gonna love him, seen it time and time again, Many people dont seem to grow up from the jr. high mentality of everybody is doing it (poking fun at Teo) so it must be alright, makes you realize who the truly pathetic human beings are of the world especially seeing as how they dont bother to read the whole story and they just take one article someone wrote and run with it

I speak the truth and sometimes people can't handle the truth..

Respectfully......

I don't think you could find 'the truth' if you had a map, a compass, and a flashlight....

You don't seem to know it....  but you're trying WAY too hard here....   like an athlete trying to do too much that presses.   Well, you're pressing here.    Slow down.   Take a deep breath.   Make a post here and there.    Try not to drop so many grenades just to see how everyone else responds...     let the game come to you....    let your experience here come to you, rather than you plastering the internet walls here with all sorts of stuff that make people groan....

The world is not going to change in the next 15 minutes,  even if you want it to....

Just some food for thought....

Of course he will.........Then he will step on the field and all those haters are gonna love him, seen it time and time again, Many people dont seem to grow up from the jr. high mentality of everybody is doing it (poking fun at Teo) so it must be alright, makes you realize who the truly pathetic human beings are of the world especially seeing as how they dont bother to read the whole story and they just take one article someone wrote and run with it

very true. and some team will love him, but hes not helping himself with these kind of headlines almost two weeks before the draft

very true. and some team will love him, but hes not helping himself with these kind of headlines almost two weeks before the draft

How is he responsible for freedom of the press, People are gonna publish, verbally spew whatever they want, why? it gets them noticed even if they dont have all the facts

How is he responsible for freedom of the press, People are gonna publish, verbally spew whatever they want, why? it gets them noticed even if they dont have all the facts

he has himself to blame for the whole girlfriend catfish

Hmm ever heard of Ray Lewis? I hear the media grew to love him

Ray Lewis is a whole other animal all together...Teo doesn't have that mentality at all...It's plain as day...Look I'd love nothing than for him to become an All-Pro LB as I am a big Irish fan and Teo fan , but I just don't see it. If it wasn't for the media I'd give him a shot, but they will be relentless and I def don't want that distraction on the Colts. Maybe the Jets will take him they are already used to the circus.

Respectfully......

I don't think you could find 'the truth' if you had a map, a compass, and a flashlight....

You don't seem to know it....  but you're trying WAY too hard here....   like an athlete trying to do too much that presses.   Well, you're pressing here.    Slow down.   Take a deep breath.   Make a post here and there.    Try not to drop so many grenades just to see how everyone else responds...     let the game come to you....    let your experience here come to you, rather than you plastering the internet walls here with all sorts of stuff that make people groan....

The world is not going to change in the next 15 minutes,  even if you want it to....

Just some food for thought....

You can be Bruce Bowen...I'll be Kobe :)

LISTEN....I don't want anything to happen to the guy at all...All I'm saying is I can see it spiraling down to that point. He has a very fragile psyche like a lot of people on here seem to have..JUST kIDDING...TAKE IT EASY-...Seriously though, with the abuse he will take from other players and TRUST me they will not be easy on him and MOST importantly the MEDIA will not rest until the see the guy break they love nothing more than the human tragedy!!! The same media that propped him up will not rest until he is completely broken! You think the Tebow circus was crazy??? Wait till you see the circus this guy brings to town! In NO way DO i want anything bad to happen to him, I just can see it coming....That is why the Colts and many many other teams aren't gonna touch this guy...It's sad because he has talent and don't seem like a bad guy personally, but it is what it is..I speak the truth and sometimes people can't handle the truth..So tired of all this Politically Correct culture we are living in today...We need to grow a backbone and just tell it like it is sometimes instead of worrying about hurt feelings and sensitivities. THE WORLD AIN'T ALL SUNSHINE AND RAINBOWS, IT'S A VERY MEAN AND UGLY PLACE...AND IT WILL BEAT YOU DOWN AND BRING YOU TO YOUR KNEES IF YOU LET IT! NOTHING HITS HARDER THAN LIFE! 

It's not that difficult to "tell it like it is" while still maintaining a modicum of class and respect.  Making a joke about a player who committed suicide shows no class or respect, especially when you're insinuating that another player may follow suit.  

You've said yourself that you come to the forum making exaggerated comments meant to elicit a reaction, and then when you get the exact reaction that you should have been expecting you respond by getting defensive and telling people to calm down. Make up your mind.

It's not that difficult to "tell it like it is" while still maintaining a modicum of class and respect.  Making a joke about a player who committed suicide shows no class or respect, especially when you're insinuating that another player may follow suit.  

You've said yourself that you come to the forum making exaggerated comments meant to elicit a reaction, and then when you get the exact reaction that you should have been expecting you respond by getting defensive and telling people to calm down. Make up your mind.

I was in no way joking about Teo heading that way...I hope to GOD he doesn't, but I see his fragile psyche leading him down that road..I just hope he can tune it all out and has the right people around him because he will need it.

What did I miss??     What headlines have there been almost two weeks before the draft???

What am I not aware of??     Please inform me.

Apparently you havent read the whole story then eh 

Thats just one of the masterminds of the hoax 

And herein lies the problem!! Makes my point without meaning to make my point! The fact there are DR. PHIL episodes regarding a first round pick is reason enough not to consider that pick IMO.

I was in no way joking about Teo heading that way...I hope to GOD he doesn't, but I see his fragile psyche leading him down that road..I just hope he can tune it all out and has the right people around him because he will need it.

you don't know that kid or his psyche. he was duped and will be mocked for it. But his play on the field will determine his fate.

you don't know that kid or his psyche. he was duped and will be mocked for it. But his play on the field will determine his fate.

Way more to it than that...WAY WAY more to it, and I can't get in depth about it or the PC Police will be all over me.

I understand the whole thing was a trick, but he didn't need for it to go public. what would he gain by making it public.

he did not go public with the hoax, Deadspin did, he only went public about the supposed death of his supposed ex and that no fault of his, the media would have went public with that anyway if it was founded to be true

Way more to it than that...WAY WAY more to it, and I can't get in depth about it or the PC Police will be all over me.

I have looked for info about Teo's mother issues and I cannot find any story.  Maybe I am looking in the wrong place?????  I implied we needed a link earlier to read up.

PC Police.....HMMM....

voltaire-preview.JPG

he did not go public with the hoax, Deadspin did, he only went public about the supposed death of his supposed ex and that no fault of his, the media would have went public with that anyway if it was founded to be true

and how did deadspin find out