Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

SLEEPER PICK IN 6TH OR 7TH ROUND: Denard Robinson WR Michigan

I see him being a Josh Cribbs type player for us..He can instantly upgrade our return game on special teams, and I can see him used in the slot as he develops catching bubble screens and using his feet to make big plays. I also think he has the potential to play running back in spots he is just a playmaker if we find ways to use him...All around utility player that can play RB, WR, and emergency QB. Instant gamechanger on special teams day 1.

Worst "throw out the first pitch" by an athlete anywhere, anytime.  

When I throw a baseball and my labrador retriever fetches it, she drops it about 5 feet away from me for some reason.  That is still closer than where Robinson put it for the catcher.

Worst "throw out the first pitch" by an athlete anywhere, anytime.

When I throw a baseball and my labrador retriever fetches it, she drops it about 5 feet away from me for some reason. That is still closer than where Robinson put it for the catcher.

carl Lewis had a terrible first pitch experiance as well

Josh Johnson or Rex Burkhead......................         wait Indy has 2, so take them both.

You read my mind. Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue is very stout in run D and had a knack of being at the right spot at the right time for pass breakups. He is an experienced ST player and 3 year starter that has played zone and man coverage. He plays faster than he is timed and in a run happy division, he would make for a very good nickel backup that provides run support in the middle. Those ST contributors that can provide valuable CB minutes in breathers are the ones you want in round 7.

6th or 7th, def not the 4th. He could be a great return man and play RB day 1...He basically was a glorified rb at michigan. He has magic feet, better than most players in the NFL. Will that translate at the next level? Maybe, maybe not, but as a 6th rounder it's worth a risk cause your not looking for starters there, your looking for players to compete to make the team on special teams or backup roles and every now and then you strike gold.

6th or 7th, def not the 4th. He could be a great return man and play RB day 1...He basically was a glorified rb at michigan. He has magic feet, better than most players in the NFL. Will that translate at the next level? Maybe, maybe not, but as a 6th rounder it's worth a risk cause your not looking for starters there, your looking for players to compete to make the team on special teams or backup roles and every now and then you strike gold.

he will be gone before the sixth round

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 11, 2013 - rude
Hidden by Nadine, April 11, 2013 - rude

I see him being a Josh Cribbs type player for us..He can instantly upgrade our return game on special teams, and I can see him used in the slot as he develops catching bubble screens and using his feet to make big plays. I also think he has the potential to play running back in spots he is just a playmaker if we find ways to use him...All around utility player that can play RB, WR, and emergency QB. Instant gamechanger on special teams day 1.

wow. people on this forum will throw any name out there just to start a thread. hey guys, I think we should draft Matt barkley to push Luck in training camp (see?). some people spew nonsense and it gets reading this forum very tiring. please don't start a thread unless we have a very realistic target that you would like to discuss. with all due respect,

signed,

long time reader

first time poster

You read my mind. Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue is very stout in run D and had a knack of being at the right spot at the right time for pass breakups. He is an experienced ST player and 3 year starter that has played zone and man coverage. He plays faster than he is timed and in a run happy division, he would make for a very good nickel backup that provides run support in the middle. Those ST contributors that can provide valuable CB minutes in breathers are the ones you want in round 7.

I've heard ppl saying he won't be there that late for us tho

wow. people on this forum will throw any name out there just to start a thread. hey guys, I think we should draft Matt barkley to push Luck in training camp (see?). some people spew nonsense and it gets reading this forum very tiring. please don't start a thread unless we have a very realistic target that you would like to discuss. with all due respect,

signed,

long time reader

first time poster

Welcome to the offseason.

Total bust even in the 4th if you ask me.  Athletically very gifted but has no experience playing anything other then QB.  

He was basically a RB...Cribbs was also a QB and turned out to be a great return man and decent receiver. I'm looking for a player that can have an impact in the 6th or 7th and he fits that.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 11, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, April 11, 2013 - personal shot

signed,

long time reader

first time poster

You obviously don't know much about football, we need a return man and running back, Robinson like Cribbs played QB, but both were basically running backs...How do you come to the conclusion he isn't a possibility in the 6th or 7th? Continue reading , and continue not posting as your contributions aren't worthy of discussion they are so blatantly uninformed..Signed-

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, April 11, 2013 - quoted removed post
Hidden by Nadine, April 11, 2013 - quoted removed post

You obviously don't know much about football, we need a return man and running back, Robinson like Cribbs played QB, but both were basically running backs...How do you come to the conclusion he isn't a possibility in the 6th or 7th? Continue reading , and continue not posting as your contributions aren't worthy of discussion they are so blatantly uninformed..Signed-

wow....

Thank you. First off, it's fun to debate guys like you, because you only come with claims yet throw out zero facts, articles , or any evidentiary support to back up your claim. One of the most annoying things on this forum is people who don't provide any support to any assertion. 1. Back up your claim with a fact, video, article, or link. By the way, a link is a url citation that you paste to the forum to provide evidentiary support. 2. Just because you post more, doesn't mean you know more about football. 3. Stop acting like your opinions should be published on espn insider or SI. 4. Stop acting like you know more than writers, reporters, and scouts about a player.

Now for the fun part. Let me school you and breakdown to you why denard Robinson is nothing you say.

1. "He should be a punt/kick returner. This is absurd. Ridiculous idea.

http://www.mlive.com/wolverines/index.ssf/2013/01/denard_robinson_punt_return_se.html

This is from Michigan's university sports source and since you don't like facts or articles, I'll paraphrase.

"Of the 8 kicks/punts kicked to Robinson, he only caught 3"

Yea, let's put a returner who can only catch 33% of punts/kicks on an NFL football field. You'll be the first calling for him to be cut the moment he muffs one punt.

2. He could be our slot receiver. I laugh even more about this one.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/01/24/nfl-scouts-not-impressed-with-denard-robinson/

Again, I'll paraphrase for you

" No one doubts that Robinson has the talent to make plays with the ball in his hands, but he may be too small to play running back. And so far, Robinson hasn’t shown off the hands that he’d need to play receiver or return kicks.

“He’s got to catch the ball a lot better,” an NFC scout said. “I have no idea at this point what I would do. He’s not a corner, he’s an offensive skill guy, but where do you put him?”

Again, let the scouts speak for themselves. He can't catch the football,and so many posters hated Avery for his drops, Robinson would be crucified.

3. Running back. I'm not opposed to this, but we have a crowded backfield of proven, not one game, starters and the draft has way more talent late. Denard Robinson is too small (height weight) and takes a hit worse than Vick. I don't want to see him between the tackles. He had success in college but linebackers are quicker and hit harder than college. He already has injury history.

4. Option QB. Don't want to touch it. I dont want to see luck off the field at all. Plus, I think luck is a harder downhill runner than Robinson.

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=RF9PFJI_t5I&desktop_uri=%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DRF9PFJI_t5I

So no. No Robinson. I wouldnt want to waste a pick on a guy who has no position. Cribbs had the body/hands to be successful being a utility guy. Robinson doesn't. I would rather us take a proven corner/return man in Purdue CB Josh Johnson than Robinson.

While I appreciate your snarkiness, I'll trust the guys who get paid for this, not a guy who gets paid to bag groceries. Thanks for the welcome to the forum, and I look forward to more debates down the road.

If youre going to come at an NYC attorney, come with facts please.

Tag, you're it.

P.s. don't you have some Te'o bashing to get to?

You read my mind. Josh Johnson, CB, Purdue is very stout in run D and had a knack of being at the right spot at the right time for pass breakups. He is an experienced ST player and 3 year starter that has played zone and man coverage. He plays faster than he is timed and in a run happy division, he would make for a very good nickel backup that provides run support in the middle. Those ST contributors that can provide valuable CB minutes in breathers are the ones you want in round 7.

Johnson is also an above average returner. He's the real sleeper pick. Thank you for making sense.

You know, instead of drafting a "name" and switching them to a position of need, how about we just draft the position of need?

Examples:

Instead of drafting Denard Robinson and switching him to PR, how about we just draft a proven punt returner?

Instead of drafting DJ Fluker and switching him to OG, how about we just draft a OG who's actually played the position?

Every time one of these threads pop up, I swear half the forum is rolling their eyes....

I've only read a couple of his posts and both were far more intelligent than anything you have posted to date. on behalf of most posters here, we wish you would take the advice you gave him in the post above