Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Patriots @ Bills Open Thread

Andy

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a great game.

And trust me Pats fans, we know all about dropped TD passes, and tipped INT's. Although Brady wasn't sacked, he was pressured well enough. Surprisingly, by the team that's 31 in sacks, and getting to the QB. That 3rd pick was just Brady being desperate and predictable(the one to the TE on the seam).

If anything, the Pats will have to keep their guard up against the Jets. This game exposed A LOT of flaws in the team, but nonetheless, you guys are nowhere near our level mediocrity at the moment lol.

I expect the Pats to bounce back.

But need to work on their flaws, quickly, I feel you guys got away with a lot of flaws, because of how opportunistic the D was. But if this was the D during the dynasty era. This Pats team would've been unstoppable, that D had to many playmakers.

haha, I love ripping Brady. It's only natural when you're a Colts fan. If the Pats would have won this game, you can't give all the credit to Brady, the O-line was stellar, but there are the best in the league, so not big shock there. It must be nice to have a guy that was the exact same size as me when I was in middle school, that can turn 4 yard passes into 10 yard gains, or 12 yard passes into 23 yard gains. Wes Welker had a great game and saved Brady's * today. Too bad they lost in the end, and you also have to blame your coach for wasting that timeout. Goes to show you don't argue or stall with the refs.

Anyways, I'm happy the Colts lost, oh and to answer your question, I'm not insecure because in the end it's just football. :thmup:

yeah. BB said he call the TO. yeah right. He was aruing with the ref and the ref probably made him use a TO. He just can't admit it.:) Not that I blame him, no need to give the media anything.

While a wasted TO probably in the end made no difference.

You win? Maybe in your own mind. If I recall, the Patriots TIED the game after the turnover.

Oh, and then the defense let them drive 80 yards in mere seconds.

nothing matters. 2 Ints I said no big deal the way the offense could move.

You can't let a team like Buffalo's playing back in the game with 4 turnovers and all the penalties. That's what did them in, not the DEFENSE.

you're kaput!:)

Those Patriots aren't going far with that defense. Brady needs to have a perfect game to win, and he can't do that for 3 or 4 games in the playoffs, especially against top notch teams.

2-1. pfft whatta you know about defense:)

go join ViriLudant:)

You win? Maybe in your own mind. If I recall, the Patriots TIED the game after the turnover.

Oh, and then the defense let them drive 80 yards in mere seconds.

The offense isn't free of blame either. Brady threw 2 of his interceptions deep in Buffalo territory, meaning that New England came away with nothing on those drives. One of the picks led to a field goal right before the half (possible 10 point swing), and the other INT lead to 7 points (14 point swing). And of course, another INT was a pick 6. So New England loaned Buffalo 17 points when they had several chances to blow the game open.

I'm not dismissing the defense either, because allowing 27 points (not counting the pick 6) isn't exactly a good performance either.

So, in short, Buffalo capitalized on their chances, and both New England's offense and defense **** the bed at the worst possible times.

I'm naturally a pessimist, so I come to expect the worst with Buffalo.

But this team has been resilient as they come.

Overcame a 21-3 deficit last week and a 21-0 against their house of horrors team.

I'm still worried about the Jets, I'm not sure if we match up good with them at all.

If we keep our heads straight 4-0 could be a possibility with the Bengals on the horizon.

But today is a happy day for all Bills fans, so let's not crash the party. :)

Fun Fact: I was 12 years old and starting 7th grade the last time the Bills beat the Pats.

Your team has had a decent season a long ways a comin'. Looks like things may have finally taken a significant turn for the better!

Congrats on the win.

yeah. BB said he call the TO. yeah right. He was aruing with the ref and the ref probably made him use a TO. He just can't admit it.:) Not that I blame him, no need to give the media anything.

While a wasted TO probably in the end made no difference.

Well, it made a difference. Now there's 1:37 left and the Patriots have 2 timeouts. It's 1st down, now they take a knee and make the Pats use a timeout. Now there's a 1:35 left, and the Pats have 1 timeout. They go for the endzone and they probably get it. Now there's 1:30 and the Pats have 1 timeout and Tom Brady. Im just saying, if the Pats kept that timeout they would have had Tom Brady on the field for one last shot to equal the score. There were a lot of possibilities, and the one I stated was one of them, so who knows, but all that matters is that the Pats lost :)

This game exposed A LOT of flaws in the team, but nonetheless, you guys are nowhere near our level mediocrity at the moment lol.

Mediocrity? I try to stay optimistic, but lets face reality here. The Colts would have to take a HUGE step forward to be mediocre at this point. Right now they are just flat out bad......like, Detroit Lions bad. That doesn't mean that I think the season is lost and they can't right the ship eventually, but right now mediocrity is a goal for improvement.

Mediocrity? I try to stay optimistic, but lets face reality here. The Colts would have to take a HUGE step forward to be mediocre at this point. Right now they are just flat out bad......like, Detroit Lions bad. That doesn't mean that I think the season is lost and they can't right the ship eventually, but right now mediocrity is a goal for improvement.

Quoted for truth.

I WISH we were the Lions! We'd have Suh and Calvin Johnson. Can you imagine?

Well, it made a difference. Now there's 1:37 left and the Patriots have 2 timeouts. It's 1st down, now they take a knee and make the Pats use a timeout. Now there's a 1:35 left, and the Pats have 1 timeout. They go for the endzone and they probably get it. Now there's 1:30 and the Pats have 1 timeout and Tom Brady. Im just saying, if the Pats kept that timeout they would have had Tom Brady on the field for one last shot to equal the score. There were a lot of possibilities, and the one I stated was one of them, so who knows, but all that matters is that the Pats lost :)

I do not know what all the confusion is about the timeout? . . . Andy246, JJ, Rich Gannon, and others must remember the guy didn't score, nor did he go out of bounds, it was merely first down with completed pass; and as such, the clock will run, this aint college football . . . So BB had to call the timeout or the Bills would of just sat there on first down and watch game clock and play run down . . . the reason why the clock was stopped on first down was because of the timeout . . .

true there was an intervening official review, but once the review is over they will return the game to the point in the review returns the game to, be it a score, down by contact, out of bounds, incomplete or complete pass . . . whether the clock should be stopped or running the officials will return it to that state . . . in the instant case, we had score, thus a clock stoppage, and it was returned to (well taken to) a complete pass/first down, a situation where the clocking remains running . . . without a timeout, the clocks runs prior to the bills first down play . . .

well I was wrong. BB knew he was down before review,the clock was going to run until review so he called the timeout to stop the clock.

So there you go.

I do not know what all the confusion is about the timeout? . . . Andy246, JJ, Rich Gannon, and others must remember the guy didn't score, nor did he go out of bounds, it was merely first down with completed pass; and as such, the clock will run, this aint college football . . . So BB had to call the timeout or the Bills would of just sat there on first down and watch game clock and play run down . . . the reason why the clock was stopped on first down was because of the timeout . . .

true there was an intervening official review, but once the review is over they will return the game to the point in the review returns the game to, be it a score, down by contact, out of bounds, incomplete or complete pass . . . whether the clock should be stopped or running the officials will return it to that state . . . in the instant case, we had score, thus a clock stoppage, and it was returned to (well taken to) a complete pass/first down, a situation where the clocking remains running . . . without a timeout, the clocks runs prior to the bills first down play . . .

yeah as I just said. I stand corrected.

yeah as I just said. I stand corrected.

yah i think the problem started with Gannon, not getting it right during the broadcast, and as a color person, he should the rules . . . but we know that a few times a Sunday, the broadcaster don't get it right . . ., once the broadcaster get it wrong, then the press get it wrong . . . its funny just a few minutes ago, caught some of the pats 5th qtr, i DVRed it, the reporters continued to ask the questions of why he call the TO, and BB just said i called it, perhaps he could of explained it more, perhaps he did later in the broadcast as you indicated a few post above . . . he was animated with the refs, perhaps he was trying to get out of calling a TOs and hoping the refs would keep the clock stopped after the review . . .

to be honest, it is one of my pet peeves, that teh broadcaster cant get it correct . . .

yah i think the problem started with Gannon, not getting it right during the broadcast, and as a color person, he should the rules . . . but we know that a few times a Sunday, the broadcaster don't get it right . . ., once the broadcaster get it wrong, then the press get it wrong . . . its funny just a few minutes ago, caught some of the pats 5th qtr, i DVRed it, the reporters continued to ask the questions of why he call the TO, and BB just said i called it, perhaps he could of explained it more, perhaps he did later in the broadcast as you indicated a few post above . . . he was animated with the refs, perhaps he was trying to get out of calling a TOs and hoping the refs would keep the clock stopped after the review . . .

to be honest, it is one of my pet peeves, that teh broadcaster cant get it correct . . .

yeah they got it wrong. plus I shouldn't listen to andy246:)

OAN raiders beat the jets;)

nothing matters. 2 Ints I said no big deal the way the offense could move.

You can't let a team like Buffalo's playing back in the game with 4 turnovers and all the penalties. That's what did them in, not the DEFENSE.

you're kaput!:)

Who committed the biggest penalties?

Oh, that's right, it was the defense. Pass interference. A poorly-called roughing the QB.

Among others.

Oh, that's right, it was the defense. Pass interference. A poorly-called roughing the QB.

Among others.

8/93 in penalties. Not horrendous but coupled with 4 turnovers.....

I won't count the RP. You gotta keep the QB honest.

Among others.

So wait when Manning throws an INT in a game and we lose, no matter what else he did that day your fan base always runs in here to tell us how Manning lost the game for us. Your QB throws 4 INTs and it's your defense fault they lose? You had a 21-0 lead at that point about the only way the Bills could get back into the game is your team started turning the ball over and you did and look at what happened.

Also for the poorly-called roughing the QB comment, isn't it your fanbase that always tells our fans not to complain about the refs, that they are a part of the game when we feel like there is a poor call in the game?

Unless you are a New England fan you have to feel good for the Bills. I mean this is a team that has been down about as low as the Lions only longer than the Lions. I hope the Bills can keep it rolling.

Even New England fans can 'feel good for the Bills'. It was a tough division game, and the Bills showed a lot of character and made more big plays when they needed to. We've had some close games with them over the years, but we've been able to pull them out each time over the last 8 years...yesterday we just didnt have it at the end. I like the comment one player made (i forget who) that said 'You all are calling this an upset...but we expected this'. It certainly looks like they're sick of being AFC East pushovers.

no just stating the d looks pretty bad,of course they can improve.

BB defenses always get much better towards the end of the season. Whether this one will is anyone's guess.

I'm not willing to write them off 3rd game of the season. There is a fair amount of talent there and considerable depth. We shall see:)

I remember thinking the same thing about the Colts in 2006....and that was even as late as week 15, 16, and 17...

True,colin herd was stating today how he felt the pats erred in not drafting d early in the draft.The pats will be there i am curious to see if the d makes them a super bowl lock.With that offense they will always have a shot.

True,colin herd was stating today how he felt the pats erred in not drafting d early in the draft.The pats will be there i am curious to see if the d makes them a super bowl lock.With that offense they will always have a shot.

They got Dowling for the 33rd pick who seems pretty good. He was out yesterday along with Chung and others.

This won't be no superbowl D but they could easily get better and do the job. Or not:) I'm inclined to think they will. I'll wait until week 12 which is when it all happens or not.

There's definitely a pass rush compared to none last year. Even if most of the time the rush just makes the QB throw a little hurried can have good effects.

So, in short, Buffalo capitalized on their chances, and both New England's offense and defense **** the bed at the worst possible times.

Hey congrats! You actually came to mind in the waning seconds of the game... you're a good guy and it was a nice win for your team. Enjoy this stuff because it doesn't always come around often. (Trust me, I was way older than 12 or whatever you said you were back in '03!)

For us, not so much. But it's one game and there's a lotta football left to play.

I remain very, very skeptical of this defense. I think they may have regressed from last season, and not gotten any better. JJ's going to hammer me for this, but... they simply can't get it together and make critical stops. Your QB can't win every game for you (hello, Indy fans).

last I checked the championship is some 13+ games away.

Why do people always want to rush the season?

I know, right? Tom Brady has three rings. Tom Brady wins championships and Peyton Manning loses Superbowls. The heck with it being a team that does so. (That's a knock on someone's signature on here)

Actually, though, the only shoddy part of the Patriots is the secondary. The Patriots are good to excellent in every other category.

Coaching: Best in the game.

QB: Best in the game long as he has 3.5+ seconds to throw. He WILL hit his receivers and make the right decision almost every time. (See O-line)

O-line: Best in the game

Running game: Decent/Good enough.

Receivers: Welker = best slot receiver in the game. Tight Ends = Great If Hernandez is out for any significant amount of time it will hurt, but Gronk is still a beast on his own. Branch and Chad JOHNSON = meh.

Special teams: Very good.

Run D/middle of the line: Good/very good

Passing D/safeties/corners/secondary: Indianapolis (That's bad)

So even with a crappy secondary, the rest of what you field might be outstanding enough to still go all the way.

Beating the Patriots is pretty straightforward. Have a competent air attack that can plaster the secondary all night and be able to penetrate the O-line. If you can do that, you can win.

I would very much love to see a Texans/Patriots matchup. For a team built to get to Manning, I think they'd feast on TB. (Even with his great line, that Texans pass rush is just nasty) Plus they have an air assault as good as anyone's...and that's just because of Andre Johnson! lol

Hey congrats! You actually came to mind in the waning seconds of the game... you're a good guy and it was a nice win for your team. Enjoy this stuff because it doesn't always come around often. (Trust me, I was way older than 12 or whatever you said you were back in '03!)

For us, not so much. But it's one game and there's a lotta football left to play.

I remain very, very skeptical of this defense. I think they may have regressed from last season, and not gotten any better. JJ's going to hammer me for this, but... they simply can't get it together and make critical stops. Your QB can't win every game for you (hello, Indy fans).

and here comes the hammer..no j/k.

I haven't said either way on what the D will end up this season.

What I have said they got turnovers and did their job the first two games.

They got burnt some in Buffalo but got an int that led directly to a 14 pts swing.

Then we were int'd for one TD and twice while driving in Bills territory. Just One of those missed TDs wins the game. So what I've said is you're going to lose turning the ball over 4 times and all the penalties (D and O)

I also agree with Moose of Woe in that there is good talent in the front 7 and there is depth there because as always its a long season.

Even New England fans can 'feel good for the Bills'. It was a tough division game, and the Bills showed a lot of character and made more big plays when they needed to. We've had some close games with them over the years, but we've been able to pull them out each time over the last 8 years...yesterday we just didnt have it at the end. I like the comment one player made (i forget who) that said 'You all are calling this an upset...but we expected this'. It certainly looks like they're sick of being AFC East pushovers.

That's fair, I just hated when people would tell me as a Colt fan oh you have to feel good for the Saints when they won the Super Bowl, it was like no I don't they beat my team so I can clearly understand Pats fans who didn't feel good for the Bills yesterday.

The defense was awful at times.

We need better pass rush, our pass rush stinks! We can't generate enough pressure to the QB.

Our pass defense is not the greatest, so we need good pass rush to make up for that.

I hope next year draft we go for a 1st round pass rusher.