Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Tyrann Methieu

What's the risk? - this is THE reason we need two 3rd rnd picks - this is a star - game changer - i guarantee whoever gets him will be getting over - this is w sapp or r moss all over again - its sad - but only certain teams get to take these type of players - DAL or NE - a lotta teams will regret not taking T Mathieu -

if a team drafted t mathieu & m lattimore - that would have been 2 top 10 1st rnd picks - definately 1st off board at their positions -

Would you guys take the risk of grabbing him? Maybe in 4th Rd? 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8DKJpK2G2o

I would trade up in the 3rd to get him....He is the next pat Tillman turnover machine!! Polian would never take a risk on a guy like that, but I hope Grogson will...I mean he signed Walden after he was accused of beating his girlfriend, all Matheiu did was smoke some weed which half the league does anyway...

What's the risk? - this is THE reason we need two 3rd rnd picks - this is a star - game changer - i guarantee whoever gets him will be getting over - this is w sapp or r moss all over again - its sad - but only certain teams get to take these type of players - DAL or NE - a lotta teams will regret not taking T Mathieu -

if a team drafted t mathieu & m lattimore - that would have been 2 top 10 1st rnd picks - definately 1st off board at their positions -

I doubt Matthieu would have gone in the top 10 of the second round.

Did someone actually ask "What is the risk?"  The guy could not even make it on his college team....money and the real world?

Maybe the Honey B can get Dez Bryant's babysitter to take him around in his carriage so he can stay out of trouble and make sure he gets up to work out so that he can improve his 4 bench presses at the Combine.  "Rise and shine honey badger."  

OK...harsh....but there is a risk.  I wish him the best, just not with the Colts. 

Did someone actually ask "What is the risk?"  The guy could not even make it on his college team....money and the real world?

Maybe the Honey B can get Dez Bryant's babysitter to take him around in his carriage so he can stay out of trouble and make sure he gets up to work out so that he can improve his 4 bench presses at the Combine.  "Rise and shine honey badger."  

OK...harsh....but there is a risk.  I wish him the best, just not with the Colts. 

I agree 100%. Don't won't this guy anywhere near the Colts. He's trouble waiting to happen and as soon as he starts getting paid, he's gonna fall back into old dumb habits.

I agree 100%. Don't won't this guy anywhere near the Colts. He's trouble waiting to happen and as soon as he starts getting paid, he's gonna fall back into old dumb habits.

And this is not about not giving a guy a second chance....he deserves a second (or is it 3rd?) chance.

The kid has all of the talent in the world...LOVED watching him at LSU!!!

And this is not about not giving a guy a second chance....he deserves a second (or is it 3rd?) chance.

The kid has all of the talent in the world...LOVED watching him at LSU!!!

I don't mind him getting another chance, I just don't want the Colts giving it to him. :thmup:

Only would want him at a price that we have lost very little to nothing if we had to cut him

What position would that be regarding Mathieu?  If CB then no, I don't agree at all.  He has very suspect coverage skills. I never saw him play anything other than Nickel CB at LSU.  If you're talking about FS....eh I don't know about that.  How much experience did he actually have playing safety?  Maybe he can do that at the NFL level but maybe not.  Are there any other NFL safeties that are 5'9 and 185 lbs?  I'm not sure but seems very small to me.  Now if you're talking about as a return man then yeah he is definitely a game changer.   However, even though he has a knack for creating turnovers, his suspect coverage skills still exist so I don't see anyone taking him as the first DB off the board no matter what the position and I couldn't see him as a first round pick, but that's just me.

I would trade up in the 3rd to get him....He is the next pat Tillman turnover machine!! Polian would never take a risk on a guy like that, but I hope Grogson will...I mean he signed Walden after he was accused of beating his girlfriend, all Matheiu did was smoke some weed which half the league does anyway...

Being accused of and being convicted of are two very different things.  People do some crazy things when it comes to money.  Maybe she was trying to get some money from him but had no proof so that's why the chargers were dropped.  Maybe the charges were true but there was no proof.  Sadly there's no way to know for sure but the point is that just because he was accused of something doesn't mean he actually did it.

What position would that be regarding Mathieu?  If CB then no, I don't agree at all.  He has very suspect coverage skills. I never saw him play anything other than Nickel CB at LSU.  If you're talking about FS....eh I don't know about that.  How much experience did he actually have playing safety?  Maybe he can do that at the NFL level but maybe not.  Are there any other NFL safeties that are 5'9 and 185 lbs?  I'm not sure but seems very small to me.  Now if you're talking about as a return man then yeah he is definitely a game changer.   

No way is the HB a FS........he will get splattered.......CB and CB only.....what a talent, but not for the Colts!!!  

I would like to see Gronk or Dwayne Allen with a full head of steam.....it would not be pretty.

Mathieu makes more sense as nickel if we are in a pass heavy division like the NFC South or have to go against the likes of Peyton or Brady twice a year. But we are in a run heavy division, IMO with Arian, MJD, and CJ2K. We need a stout run defending nickel, if we do go nickel CB depth/starter for the future.

To me, Dwayne Gratz of U.Conn. fits the bill in the 3rd. U.Conn. was No.7 in rush defense in college and No.19 in sacks in college. Blidi-Wreh-Wilson, along with Gratz, and the duo of pass rushers in Sio Moore and Trevardo Williams were all a big part of that D being good. Plus, Gratz is way more physical as a nickel CB and stout in run support. He is a better fit than Mathieu.