Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

In order to trade out of the 1st round...

which player/players would have to be taken in order for you to trade out of the 1st round? it may sound like a really stupid question but what I mean is that there is no real point in reaching for some players if they are the BPA in positions of need ( e.g if Warmack and Cooper are gone, there is no point making a reach for Warford in the 1st) so I was wondering how quickly you would decide to trade out of the 1st. If down to me, if only Warmack is taken ( which is very likely by our pick) I would try to trade with a team like the 49ers who have a lot of picks. 

I look at positions of need so if all of the following players are gone i'd say trade out.  so the two guards you metioned.  CB: Trufant, Rhodes, Milliner.  OLB: Jones, Mingo, Ansah, ogletree.  De: Hunt and Jones.  WR: Patterson, Hopkins.  I feel like if all of those are gone you trade out.  get a second and another third. something along those lines and there could be players that i missed but those are the players that i've seen associated with us that could fall or go before we pick.

Rhodes

Cooper(who for my money I tend to favor over Warmack simply because Cooper is in my opinion the better pass blocker while also being a very good run blocker and an excellent Pulling Guard which we did alot of last year with Mcglynn)

Okafor

Moore

Werner

Carradine 

Jarvis Jones

Out of the guys that could realistically be there by the time our pick comes up but I also realize its not likely all of them will