Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Reaching for a "big ugly?"

If neither Warmack or Cooper fall to us at 24 would drafting Warford be to much of a reach? He's rated higher than Cooper on NFL.com with an 88.3 to Cooper's 86.9. This would fill a hole at RG and we wouldn't have to have McGlynn starting on the line. With him in, and Shipley over Satele, our line could give Luck good time to find his receivers and bring his completion rate up. 

NFL.com has him at an 85.3. In every mock/scouting report I've seen, it would seem to be a massive reach to take him at 24. Personally, if Cooper and Warmack are gone, I would not mind seeing us draft Fluker. I think he would make for an excellent RG. My problem with drafting interior linemen so early though, it seems like it normally takes them at least a year to adjust to the pro game.

From what I have read he would be a reach. Other than the mysterious draft tracker on nfl.com I haven't heard anyone put him in the same class as Cooper....in fact some now rate Cooper ahead of Warmack.

Warford would be great at 24 it doesn't make sense we could get him in the 2 round but would have to say I wouldn't complain if we did he is gonna be very good

We could get him in the second round......if we had a second round pick.

For what it's worth,  ESPN.com has Warford with a low 2nd round grade.

Frankly,  I think the NFL.com grade is extremely embarrassing.    I simply don't think it's defensible...

Warford, better than Cooper?     Sorry,  other than that grade from NFL.com,  I'm not hearing/reading/seeing anything like that anywhere else.

I'm hoping NFL.com does one last sweep of grades and does some tightening up....   there are a few grades that just jump off the page as being.....   well....   nonsense,  and I think that's one of them.

In the interest of full disclosure....   I really like Warford...  I really do....   I like him enough that if we trade back into the 2nd round,  he'd be among my target players for the top of the 2nd round.    Seriously.    I like him that much.

But,  better than Cooper....?     No.  Just no.

I agree that Warford would NOT be a good first round pick. We need to trade down if he is the target.

I just have a feeling we are going to take Jesse Williams from Alabama if he is there. I read something about the Colts being interested in him during his pro day and how he can play nose or end in a 3/4. His athleticism for his size is apparently somewhat similar to Haloti Ngata. I just have a feeling that is who they want.

I agree with NCF, If we trade into the 2nd round then get him but if we stand pat in the 1st then there are just to many pass rushers to pass up not to mention what if Rhodes falls to us, I think come draft day the sooner Warmack goes the sooner Cooper follows suit

Doubt we draft Williams even though I like him, We have Francois and I doubt they are going to put him on the bench for what he is making, Personally I would have rather have drafted Williams, Watching Francois there is no doubt he has speed but he is constantly late off the snap and not good at disengaging from blocks unless he uses that speed to go around a block, he shows flashes here and there , I came away impressed with a few plays he made vs Arizona last year in week 17

I have Warford rated below Winters (Winters is a more balanced OG than Warford - he still gives us great size and power at the position, with much better movement and athleticism), and would be happy with either. Just not at 24. 

Brian Winters hasn't gotten the hype Warmack, Cooper, and Warford have, but keep an eye out for him come draft day. Perfect fit in our power scheme and there's a decent chance he's there with our 3rd rounder.

I agree with NCF, If we trade into the 2nd round then get him but if we stand pat in the 1st then there are just to many pass rushers to pass up not to mention what if Rhodes falls to us, I think come draft day the sooner Warmack goes the sooner Cooper follows suit

Don't be shocked if Cooper goes first. More scheme and positional versatility, more athletic. Warmack's a prototype for a team that runs a power scheme, but I have no doubt other teams have Cooper rated higher.