Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

With the 24th pick?

With the 24 pick?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. WR or OLB/?

wouldnt mind ertz or eifert and throw fleener in the slot like we use to do with dallas clark

they will probably do that with Fleener anyways but we have two other good young tightends in Allen and Saunders which is why this is not a need. Very rarely do teams carry more than three tightends unless there is an injury reason or one is like Justin Snow was and played another poistion. We have a WR type one in Fleener. Allen is more of a traditional tight end and Saunders is the blocking tight end. We are set.

someone who thinks like me. we went almost all offense last year, this year we need to get younger guys on defense. it isnt like mathis is in his 20's or anything. and i dont know about angerer being around after his contract is up. def would love to get rhodes, trufant or that kid from TAMU

Hey guys if you get a chance, look up a LB Jordan Campbell. I ran across a video of him then i watched a couple more. This guy is crazy. I mean what stands out most about him other than unofficially benching 225 39 times on video(watch it), is his focus. Im trying to look up more about him and he played at USC until he was involved in something over there. He wasnt even in the combine. Man, he's got ILB written all over him. He would fit real good in a 3-4 IMO. He's got alot of power and speed.

If Warmack and Cooper are not there we would probably not go for a guard in the first but if they ARE there I say screw both positions and build a monster starting with the line!  

Agreed....

If Warmack and/or Cooper drop it could very well be due to the lack of positional value of OGs at the top of the draft that we see year in and year out.

But as much as OGs are a bit devalued....even really talented ones....that is almost never the case with top-rated pass-rushers. And if there really are 2-3 premier pass-rush OLBs in this draft, I doubt we'll get so much as a sniff of them at #24.

I know Demontre Moore's name comes up a lot, but to be honest....if a guy who was thought to be a real pass-rush threat drops all the way to us....that is a red flag for me. If he falls to #24 all the way from the Top 10 projections he seemed to have previously it may be that GMs see another Aaron Maybin happening.

If an OG drops then to some extent its a matter of positional preference and a BPA/need combination among the Top 20 or so teams selecting. If this is true...and we've seen it happen....then a "best in breed" OG is the better value at #24 than either a pass-rush OLB or a WR who couldn't crack the Top 20.

Warmack or Cooper would be a true BPA choice on our part....and one that addresses a chronic need.

I admit there are some really solid OGs that can be had through Round 3 this year...but absent a trade-down we'd be waiting around until #86 to even have a shot at one. I really want to see us finish off this O-line business the right way....and as much as I trust Grigson with O-line matters, we've struggled with table scraps at OG for far too long. If he decides a 3-7th round OG can come in and do what we need them to do....then of course I'll accept that and hope he's right.

I do NOT expect these top OGs to drop to us.

But IMO, if Warmack or Cooper are there at #24 among the cluster of WRs and possibly the OLB Moore then we should draft one of the OGs.

John Jenkins NT/DT. Sorry I know we signed some guys, but their up in age and coming back from injuries. We have pass rushers, when Jerry Hughes gets on the field he will have a breakout season. But whatever we go I'll be happy with as long as player fits our system

Effective pass rushing reduces the need for a corner......

They work together, But you can take any D Lineman whoever played the game or OLB and they certainly did not get to the QB (be it a sack or knockdown) that many times over the course of a season, Example: Dolphins pass rush got to the QB for a total of 42 times last year out of 600 defensive snaps but they were 27th in the league in yards given up and yards per catch allowed , Vikings 44 sacks out of 612 passing plays, 24th in yards passing allowed

They work together, But you can take any D Lineman whoever played the game or OLB and they certainly did not get to the QB (be it sack or knockdown) that many times over the course of a season, Example: Dolphins pass rush got to the QB for a total of 42 times last year out of 600 defensive snaps but they were 27th in the league in yards given up and yards per catch allowed , Vikings 44 sacks out of 612 passing plays, 24th in yards passing allowed

OK, I'll rephrase. Having an ineffective pass rush doesn't decrease the need for a quality corner....

They work together, But you can take any D Lineman whoever played the game or OLB and they certainly did not get to the QB (be it a sack or knockdown) that many times over the course of a season, Example: Dolphins pass rush got to the QB for a total of 42 times last year out of 600 defensive snaps but they were 27th in the league in yards given up and yards per catch allowed , Vikings 44 sacks out of 612 passing plays, 24th in yards passing allowed

Keep pumping out those misleading stats....

Unless a stud OG like Warmack or Cooper is there, I would hope we take the best player available at either CB or WR. There most likely wont be a great DE/OLB available when we pick, and I dont think Damontre Moore is worth the 24th pick anymore.

Since the choice is WR/OLB.. I'd pick WR. But OG/C is really the first choice.

Top interior lineman typically go in the latter half of the first round, I'm hoping that holds true this year (DeCastro was mocked to go top 12 in almost all mocks last year but went #24 -- I can't believe the Bears passed on him). Keep Luck healthy and give him more time. Moving the chains more on offense will indirectly help the defense. Luck took a beating last year and it'll eventually take a toll (quite a remarkable season considering the pounding).

Total agreement, O line is more critical but also agree BPA is the way to go.

Barrett Jones was a first round prospect but he got hurt. Some team is gonna benefit from that injury. Ide love it if the Colts were that team in the 3rd.

I have no idea who we pick. I probably want a CB considering how many teams pass the ball predominantly (cause of the changes). It's probably more valuable to be deep there than other spots on D.

There is a TRADE...With the 24th pick in the 2013 NFL draft the Dallas Cowboys, Arizona Cards, or SF49ers select:

DC=Fluker

AC=Barkley

SF=Jones,Williams, Hankins, Moore...

The colts receive:

2014= 1st round

2013= 4th round

1. Trade for 2014 1st round. and 2013 4th.

3. Bostic LB

4. Schwenke C/G or Winters G

4. Kruger DE

6. Evans FS

7. Thornton G

7. McCalebb RB

1. Lee WR or Van Noy LB

1. Skov LB or Yankey OT

2. Murphy LB or Mosley LB

I wouldn't love taking a CB in the first, when we have 1 great corner and 2 capable ones, We can beat the Texans in the Division this year, to beat them at this point we don't need CB or S, we may need WR-DE and OG. I don't see a great DE or OG at that range, maybe with the 3rd or maybe we can even trade up in the 2nd or early 3rd. That's why i see WR in the 1st for us. At #24 is where the WR is loaded.