Thanks for the feedback
I hear both your concerns and they are definitely valid. About Lance starting year 1 - the moment we draft a 1st round QB, getting him ready to start as soon as humanly possible becomes priority no.1 for our coaching staff(the offensive side at least). It's very possible even with that attention he might not get ready if we have another weird off-season, so I have accounted for that with bringing back Brissett. I think he's a very good backup who can start if Lance is not ready. The reason why I got Brissett and not someone higher profile is because I don't want us to bring in a QB who will demand the starting spot when we are trading for a QB in R1. I want a competent competition, I don't want it to be decided from the start that the rookie will sit. IMO if you draft a QB high, you should be ready to put him in the moment he is ready to run your offense competently. IMO Brissett is in that sweet spot where he will give the rookie a run for his money, but won't usurp the spot and you will feel good about your rookie if he's on par with(or better than) a Brissett type. It would be a great start to his career.
The LT question and whether he will be ready is another one to take into account. My thought process here is - create multiple avenues for filling that spot. For me those would be -
1. Nelson(try him... you never know and you lose nothing if it doesn't work ... just get him back inside if he can't handle the LT spot),
2. FA - I'm bringing Ty Nsekhe to compete for the spot. He's been solid in spot duties for the Bills and has the profile to do the job... and is still young... and
3. the draft - Taven Jenkins is one of the players that I think can be a long-term solution at the position. Again .... no idea if he will be ready, but he will be part of the competition for the spot.
My hope here is that at least one of them will step up and be reasonable starter.
I like it, but have some comments / questions
1) Are you counting on Eason to be the QB of the future in this mock offseason?
2) I love the JJ Watt Pick up, he is probably 75% of what he was a few years ago, but he could be very versatile and would improve this defense
3) Counting on a late 2nd round to start at OT day one is a bit dangerous in my opinion - FA?
4) Unless the guy is an amazing talent that slipped, I would probably NOT add a RB as early in the draft as you did.
(I like our top 3 RBs as they are) Mack is going to want much $$$$ that we dont have.