Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

NFL Mock Draft (No trades)

haha I like that this mock starts and ends with Hopkins. Glad to see someone is finally giving us a "thumper" at ILB, and I love the Quanterus Smith pick, but will he still be available in the last round? I think he could rise, especially if he shows he can workout ok and the doctors say he's good to go.

haha I like that this mock starts and ends with Hopkins. Glad to see someone is finally giving us a "thumper" at ILB, and I love the Quanterus Smith pick, but will he still be available in the last round? I think he could rise, especially if he shows he can workout ok and the doctors say he's good to go.

Quanterius will not rise. I am the #1 Quanterius fan and can tell you with confadence he wont be picked untill the 7th round. Been a huge fan of his for 2 years now

Quanterius will not rise. I am the #1 Quanterius fan and can tell you with confadence he wont be picked untill the 7th round. Been a huge fan of his for 2 years now

Just out of curiosity,  what is that confidence based on?

I say that because while you maybe right,  I wouldn't bet a single dollar on it.....

NFL.com believes he'll be taken before the end of the 3rd round,  and ESPN.com has him graded as a solid 4th round talent.

I think the chances of both of those websites being that far off are not very high.   The only way he falls to the 7th, is if his medical reports are coming back very badly....  

Here is Smith's NFL.com profile....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/quanterus-smith?id=2539337

Just out of curiosity,  what is that confidence based on?

I say that because while you maybe right,  I wouldn't bet a single dollar on it.....

NFL.com believes he'll be taken before the end of the 3rd round,  and ESPN.com has him graded as a solid 4th round talent.

I think the chances of both of those websites being that far off are not very high.   The only way he falls to the 7th, is if his medical reports are coming back very badly....  

Here is Smith's NFL.com profile....

http://www.nfl.com/draft/2013/profiles/quanterus-smith?id=2539337

Well the reason I've been so high on him is his raw talent athleticism. As Western Kentucky fan (under LSU) I may be a bit biased. But I am so confident he'll be there is his ACL tear that absolutely KILLED his draft stock. 

Well the reason I've been so high on him is his raw talent athleticism. As Western Kentucky fan (under LSU) I may be a bit biased. But I am so confident he'll be there is his ACL tear that absolutely KILLED his draft stock. 

Fair enough....

All I'm trying to suggest is that his stock may not have been killed as badly as you think....

Both of those websites know about his injury....  and they think he'll go higher -- perhaps much higher -- than the 7th round...

Don't know who's right....   Just wanted to give you the heads up....

Glad you like him....  seems like a heckuva player...

I like your draft a lot.  I wouldn't be surprised at all to see those first 3 picks go WR, OG, and CB, in some order.  I keep getting hung up on the fact that if we wait until the 3rd, we won't get an OG who's ready to start immediately.  However, if we go D.J. Fluker in the 1st (as an OG), and someone like WR Da'Rick Rogers or WR Chris Harper in the 3rd, I'd like that pair better [though Hopkins and Winters would be my pair too if I was going to go 1) WR and 2) OG].  Heck, since I really like the 3rd round WRs, I'd probably select Larry Warford in the 1st if Fluker's gone (even though Hopkins would probably be the best available player at a position of need...)

A.

1. Hopkins WR

3. Schwenke C/G

4. Buchanan, Washington LB or Swearinger FS

6. Graham or McCalebb RB

7. Ace Sanders WR

7. Ray Ray Armstrong FS

B.

1. Fluker, Warford, Cooper OL

3. Rogers, Harper WR

4. Buchanan, Washington LB, Swearinger FS

6. Graham or McCalebb RB

7. Ace Sanders WR

7. Ray Ray Armstrong FS

A.

1. Hopkins WR

3. Schwenke C/G

4. Buchanan, Washington LB or Swearinger FS

6. Graham or McCalebb RB

7. Ace Sanders WR

7. Ray Ray Armstrong FS

B.

1. Fluker, Warford, Cooper OL

3. Rogers, Harper WR

4. Buchanan, Washington LB, Swearinger FS

6. Graham or McCalebb RB

7. Ace Sanders WR

7. Ray Ray Armstrong FS

1. Keenan Allen WR (I want Tavon Austin tho), Margus Hunt DE (Could have em stand up and play LB in certain packages)

3. Khaseem Greene LB, Logan Ryan DB, or best available Gaurd (even Tyranne Matheiu if he slips by the grace of God himself)

4. Aaron Dobson WR (Only if he slips out of 3rd.....or 2nd if someone has already fallen in love with him), Stedman Bailey WR, Cornelius Washington LB

6. Ray Graham RB, Joshua Evans FS, 

7. Mike Mauti LB (Had an injury but i see a true leader in the guy)

7. Some Punter or Gaurd....or SS for depth......who cares tho

I think this would fill out our team with talent...raising the bar at training camp and creating a lot of competition that will only make us better

1. Keenan Allen WR (I want Tavon Austin tho), Margus Hunt DE (Could have em stand up and play LB in certain packages)

3. Khaseem Greene LB, Logan Ryan DB, or best available Gaurd (even Tyranne Matheiu if he slips by the grace of God himself)

4. Aaron Dobson WR (Only if he slips out of 3rd.....or 2nd if someone has already fallen in love with him), Stedman Bailey WR, Cornelius Washington LB

6. Ray Graham RB, Joshua Evans FS, 

7. Mike Mauti LB (Had an injury but i see a true leader in the guy)

7. Some Punter or Gaurd....or SS for depth......who cares tho

I think this would fill out our team with talent...raising the bar at training camp and creating a lot of competition that will only make us better

I'm not so sure about Allen...Watched a interview...not impressed. Robert Woods however reminded me of Reggie Wayne in the interview.  Patterson was a great interview.