Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Romo, Cowboys agree to 6 year contract extension

Dustin

You don't follow the Texans apparently. This past season was the only time we were good enough and we were still suspect with our defense. Other years its been injuries and horrible special teams play, its not Schaubs fault.

you wanna be a great qb. you make due with what you got.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted · Hidden by Superman, March 29, 2013 - No reason given
Hidden by Superman, March 29, 2013 - No reason given

Your right, Yates might be better than him.

Something they all have in common? At least one playoff win. A certain QB from Houston can't say the same.

you wanna be a great qb. you make due with what you got.

Tell that to Papa Peyton. I guess he's not great, what with one ring and these years in the league.

Can I not say the same for Romo though? Terrible O-line, defense, coach, and the only offensive weapons he as are Witten, Bryant and an overrated Austin. I'd take Romo over any of those QBs.

Sure you could say it. All I'm saying is that arguments could easily be made for all the guys I listed being better than Romo. Romo has hurt himself several times though too. His decision making leaves a lot to be desired for a guy that's been around as long as he has.

Something they all have in common? At least one playoff win. A certain QB from Houston can't say the same.

certain qb took rookies to the playoffs can your schaub say the same thing

Yes, if Flacco just won a SB, Cutler and Schaub can too with the right team. Texans D needs to get better.

That's why we signed Ed Reed, added McCain again, and can hopefully pick up some more pieces in the Draft. We had way too many injuries on the defensive side this year, and you're right.

Tell that to Papa Peyton. I guess he's not great, what with one ring and these years in the league.

thats one more ring then schaub

certain qb took rookies to the playoffs can your schaub say the same thing

Certain QB is highly overrated and lost horribly in the first round of the playoffs. Schaub can say that he won one, that's for sure.

Certain QB is highly overrated and lost horribly in the first round of the playoffs. Schaub can say that he won one, that's for sure.

that highly overrated qb burned you guys twice with another rookie :P

that highly overrated qb burned you guys twice with our rookie :P

And got taken to the woodshed in his first meeting with us.

And got taken to the woodshed in his first meeting with us. And darn near led the league in INTs...

still lost to him. cant win in indy. even lost to a journeyman

ITS ANDREW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! haha

Bingo! Now let's get back on topic guys, no need to close this thread haha

Romo is a top 10 QB. And like Flacco if he hit the open market Dallas would be paying even more. If they could even keep him.

We all giggle at some of these contracts now... But Luck will be coming up in a few years. And non of us will be giggling then.

He will be eating at least 17 - 23% of our cap.

This is the nature of the beast...

1 thing tho our QB is Luck not Romo lol

I think Jerry Jones is more of the problem than Romo.  If I were a Cowboys fan, Jerry Jones would make me question my fandom. 

I think it's a combination of the two. Romo screws up and Jones is stubborn in his ways and makes highly questionable leadership decisions. As long as the two of them are associated with the Cowboys, I don't think they will ever win another title.

They did overpay for Romo, but they HAD to overpay for him. Romo is a top 10-12 qb with top 6 potential. You cant let that go away. Romo is one of the few qbs who scares me because he always has the potential for a 4 td game. And the people putting luck, rg3, wilson, kaep, newton, and stafford ahead of him (at this point in their careers)..well that's just plain silly and wrong lol.

Romo is a a Top 10 qb. He just has the bad habit of playing his worst games at the biggest times. He gets way to much criticism. I've seen Bret Favre make worse throws and have worse games and yet he didn't receive a 1/4 of the criticism that we see of players now. Its the age we live in. Everyone is put under a microscope and with stupid shows like First Take tearing people down its rediculous. What was it my momma would say....If you can't say something nice don't say anything at all....I don't know when it became acceptable for the shock jock radio to make its way over to the sports stations but it kinda makes me sick. It's one thing to comment while sitting around having a beer and wings.....its another to go on tv or print and basically tear a person down for hours or pages. Sad imo. 

Romo has better ratings than most qbs in the league. Hasn't always had the help of his teammates in big games...but he also hasn't risen to top...carried his team to the promise land either. He is no Tom Brady....and not even a Peyton Manning. One who has led his team to multiple championships or to the playoffs every year. Those guys get their teams to the playoffs. They carry them. Peyton has lost a lot of big games too but he has put his team in those games more often than not and at least got that monkey off his back. Tony caught the bug on that botched field goal and ever since fought it. He is a top qb....perhaps not an elite winner but definately as talented as any. He doesn't desearve nearly the hate he gets.

That said I think it is hard to say that he justifies....or any qb justifies those contracts. I guess with the cap going up over the years its just hard to say but man that is a crap load of money...and probably could better serve the team if he took less.