Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

We need to stop this madness.

I think it is safe to say the colts can pretty much take Collin Klein off our draft board. There is no point to draft him at either of the positions he is projected to play (TE, QB) We have good depth at both spots on our roster. What would be the point of picking up Matt Hasselbeck if we were gunna draft Klein... Especially if we drafted another QB in the 7th Round last year in Chandler Harnish. Im sorry but i honestly see no point in drafting him. Waste of a pick in my eyes. Leave it to Bleacher Report to start that trend. 

Wow....

A thread devoted to make sure we don't draft Collin Klein.

OK....

I confess....   I sure didn't see that coming!

You must have missed the thread devoted to making sure that we DID draft Colin Klein.

If you think that you're confused, consider the fact that I had never heard of him prior to thread #1.

You must have missed the thread devoted to making sure that we DID draft Colin Klein.

If you think that you're confused, consider the fact that I had never heard of him prior to thread #1.

That's only because where you're from,  it always appears to be a Dark and Stormy night!     :thmup:

Klein will be lucky to be drafted. If you think a guy can make your roster, and might be a solid backup one day, that's worth a 7th rounder any day of the week. If they think Klein can be a long-term backup after a few years of being a 3rd stringer, then you take him and don't look back. I'd bet it's probably only about half of 7th round picks stick on their rosters year one and its probably far less than that who hang on for two years with their original team. If you see a guy with a potential long term role, he's absolutely worth a 7th.

Now that said, I don't think Klein is an NFL talent. But then again there's probably a reason I'm sitting on my couch and not being paid as an NFL scout.