Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Cowherd Greatest QB Bracket

Narcosys

I get what you're saying but like we said, for someone to say they are a Colts fan and then turn around and hope that Manning beats the Colts in their next sentence is completely ridiculous to me. If thats the way they fell, then they are not Colts fans, plain and simple. Now if they said I root for the Colts unless they play Manning, then thats a different story and I don't have a problem with that. At least they are being honest with them selves and everybody else. 

Right, that's pretty much what I was saying and I can see why that drives you crazy.  It's how I felt last year when people were saying how they were huge Colts fans and loved them more than anything but were giving up their season tickets because they didn't think the Colts were going to win but were taking offense to people saying well then you aren't a die hard fan ignoring that what makes you a die hard fan is supporting your team even when you don't think they will win.  Samething here, don't tell me you are the world's largest Colts fan and then tell me you want someone else to beat them.

Like I said before people who say hey I love the Colts but I like Manning more and I want Manning to win I don't really have any issue with they are just being honest with who they like.  People can like who ever they want for whatever reason they like.  I just think people who are Colts fans first and foremost just find it extremely hard to wrap their head around someone saying I am the biggest Colts fan in the world but I want to see someone else beat them.  Again, I think you would agree with me here.  If someone wants to go to a Colts/Broncos game wearing their Manning Broncos jersey and cheer openly for Denver but will freely admit they are more of a Manning fan than a Colts fan there is nothing wrong with that. 

I am a Colts fan first and foremost but I have other players I like such as Eli Manning.  So I like to see Eli Manning win but anytime the Colts have to play the Giants I am completely on the Colts side because I am a Colts fan first.  Heck, even when the Colts traded my all-time favorite player in Jim Harbaugh I wanted to see him win any game he played as long as it wasn't against the Colts then I was on the Colts side.  That's just me though. 

I do think you and Nascoys are just missing each other on this point.  From what I can tell Nascoys is saying when the Colts play Manning they will pull for the Colts but if the Colts lose to Manning it's not the worst thing in the world.  Like I said before it's not like losing to Brady and the Pats who most Colts fans already hated going into the game to start with.  Most people don't hate Manning and the Broncos so it wouldn't be the worst loss in the world to them.  I think that's all they were really saying.  I think feathers got a little bristled over the being selfish line about not wanting what is best for Manning and I think that goes more to my point about not understanding Colts fans who want to see the Colts kill the Broncos and Manning.  Like I said I just want the Colts to win the game so I don't get the logic behind wanting to see the Colts destroy Manning. 

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Right, that's pretty much what I was saying and I can see why that drives you crazy.  It's how I felt last year when people were saying how they were huge Colts fans and loved them more than anything but were giving up their season tickets because they didn't think the Colts were going to win but were taking offense to people saying well then you aren't a die hard fan ignoring that what makes you a die hard fan is supporting your team even when you don't think they will win.  Samething here, don't tell me you are the world's largest Colts fan and then tell me you want someone else to beat them.

Like I said before people who say hey I love the Colts but I like Manning more and I want Manning to win I don't really have any issue with they are just being honest with who they like.  People can like who ever they want for whatever reason they like.  I just think people who are Colts fans first and foremost just find it extremely hard to wrap their head around someone saying I am the biggest Colts fan in the world but I want to see someone else beat them.  Again, I think you would agree with me here.  If someone wants to go to a Colts/Broncos game wearing their Manning Broncos jersey and cheer openly for Denver but will freely admit they are more of a Manning fan than a Colts fan there is nothing wrong with that. 

I am a Colts fan first and foremost but I have other players I like such as Eli Manning.  So I like to see Eli Manning win but anytime the Colts have to play the Giants I am completely on the Colts side because I am a Colts fan first.  Heck, even when the Colts traded my all-time favorite player in Jim Harbaugh I wanted to see him win any game he played as long as it wasn't against the Colts then I was on the Colts side.  That's just me though. 

I completely agree with what you're saying. Heck I pull for other players too and I root for Jim Harbaugh because like you, I loved him as a Colt, but if/when they play the Colts, they are the enemy.

See, all these accusational assumption cut your credibility and make an A out of you, not me. I completely endorse and believe in Luck. Heck i got his jetsey as soon as i could. He did wonderful, and is another franchise QB. we are firtunate to have him. i wouldnt want any other QB, even manning, because its whats best for the team. Ya we made the playoffs. And was out in the first round. I think we played above our talent, unfortunately. I'm sure we can make the playoffs, and I hope we go all the way. But I'm also a realist and have a wait and see approach. I find that I'm pecimistic, I don't get let down. And enjoy success even more.

I'm pretty sure the broncos SoS schedule next year is just as easy. And with another year of worjing together and additions, they could easily make it again, it is not unreasonable to believe that they are one of the favorites to win it all at the start if the season.

Why such venom? I have never corresponded to you about this so I don't know your views on Luck. It was an honest question. There are some Colts fans that believe he is overrated. Was not sure if you were one of them.

While I see your point about the Colts potentially playing above their talent, three years is a long time. Even if this year does not go the same and they win less games, I would not bet on them missing the playoffs for three years which would give them a realistic shot at the AFCCG.

Broncos schedule is tougher as they have the NFC East and stil have to play NE, Houston and the Ravens. Their division also got tougher with the moves the Chiefs made at HC and QB and I have to believe the Chargers will be better just because Norv is no longer there. They will not have the same cake walk as last year. I would put money on that.

No I didn't notice, but then again I don't know all their personalities. What do you mean?

Very similar careers... with the exception of Aikman. I think the HOF QBs who chimed in did so carefully enough to protect their own legacies!

The SB winning QBs voted Tom, and the "shlumps" voted Brady. 

Because Terry Bradshaw is someone you want in your corner, haha

So the options were "Tom" and "Brady" and Manning STILL won? Dang, that's impressive. ;)

I completely agree. There will never be a consensus greatest player or QB. If Tom or Peyton won the next 10 SBs there will still be a group to say there is someone better.

These things are just fun to partake in. In future we can jab how Peyton won the matchup with Tom, although it has no ground to hold. Just fun jabs.

I would like to see how the voters change their mind. I mean we at least know Elway will be jumping ship. ;)

Good catch, I bet Elway changes his vote now, lol!

So the options were "Tom" and "Brady" and Manning STILL won? Dang, that's impressive. ;)

haha His feats never cease to amaze me.

Good catch, I bet Elway changes his vote now, lol!

Seeing as Peyton was voted past Elway. I wonder if there is hallway jokes.

"Hey John see the Herd QB bracket semis?"

A week later Elway releases the entire Broncos starting O-line.

haha His feats never cease to amaze me.

Seeing as Peyton was voted past Elway. I wonder if there is hallway jokes.

"Hey John see the Herd QB bracket semis?"

A week later Elway releases the entire Broncos starting O-line.

lmao...would make a great April Fool's joke!

I have been voting for Montana in this bracket for several rounds and not ashamed to admit it. He gets too much of a bad rep at times IMO since his teams were usually good but he also played in an era where defenses were allowed to do a heck of a lot more to offenses/QBs then do they now. But, if I had to bet the house on a guy to lead me to a win in a big game out of any QB in history then I still vote for Joe Cool. I understand the team game aspect and I believe in it too, but sometimes you just need one man to carry you to a game winning TD/keep calm/keep the offense calm and to me Montana still is the definition of what I want in a QB in the biggest moments when the stakes are at it's highest.

JMO

Hey, Montana is one of the greatest post season winners, and Peyton is one of the best regular season winners.  Of course, as a Colts fan I would have liked to see Unitas or Manning take it, but  runners up to the great Joe Montana doesn't sound to shabby. (and Manning is not quite done yet.)

Hey, Montana is one of the greatest post season winners, and Peyton is one of the best regular season winners.  Of course, as a Colts fan I would have liked to see Unitas or Manning take it, but  runners up to the great Joe Montana doesn't sound to shabby. (and Manning is not quite done yet.)

Montana is one of the greatest winners. Period.