Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colin Cowherd Greatest QB Bracket

Narcosys

• Replies 130
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well looking to be a Montana vs Manning finale. As much as disagree I feel Unitas was a better QB than Montana he just isn't as current as Montana. Sadly I feel Montana will win vs Manning due to his PS success. I say sadly because I am a Colts fan, not because I feel Manning is better. It is a toss up imo and either are very deserving of the best QB not named Unitas award :P

I refuse to acknowledge any bracket like this that doesn't include the great Curtis Painter! Think about it he is why we were able to ship Peyton Manning out of town and we had to get Andrew Luck to replace him!

For the record the above is a joke and clearly not meant to be taken serious at all.

Well looking to be a Montana vs Manning finale. As much as disagree I feel Unitas was a better QB than Montana he just isn't as current as Montana. Sadly I feel Montana will win vs Manning due to his PS success. I say sadly because I am a Colts fan, not because I feel Manning is better. It is a toss up imo and either are very deserving of the best QB not named Unitas award :P

I am a Manning fan as well, but I was a Montanna fan at the time.  That 49ers squad was the best blend of owner, coach, QB and players of any team I have ever seen.  It is hard to separate Montanna from the team, considering greatness.  However, I feel Manning had to do way more than Montanna.

I am a Manning fan as well, but I was a Montanna fan at the time.  That 49ers squad was the best blend of owner, coach, QB and players of any team I have ever seen.  It is hard to separate Montanna from the team, considering greatness.  However, I feel Manning had to do way more than Montanna.

He was before my time(Born in 91) but I did my research on him and them in my own time haha. He is no doubt an incredible qb but you hit the nail on the head. That team was just downright loaded. I find myself way too much imagining how the NFL would be shaped if we built P money a D.

If it comes down to just playin the position and football smarts Peyton is the GOAT he is prolly the smartest QB ever can pick apart a D with ease and just all around better if Peyton were ever with a good D like some of the other QB's we would be the dynasty and would have many Super Bowls Peyton did way more with less its the same with Luck he did way more then RG3 and Wilson cause he didn't have the help they had

Is there a reason Cowherd changed Peyton's photo to a Bronco?

Also vote the heck out of Peyton. haha

I think it just changes from round to round.  But idk.  Ya im voting on my work computer, phone,  my home computer, and my wifes computer :haha:

I think it just changes from round to round.  But idk.  Ya im voting on my work computer, phone,  my home computer, and my wifes computer : haha:

It has been the same the whole time:

2wc46kz.jpg

It's not really that big of a deal. I was just curious. Maybe he doesn't like the fact of putting a Colt in the finals. Seeing he is a huge Patriots back.

Also I'm doing the same. University computer, my computer, sisters computer, even having my GF vote. haha

And each on IE, Chrome, and Firefox. :lol:

It'll be very difficult to beat Montana but that's ok. Hard to argue with Montana being the greatest. For me, this bracket is an overall victory because 1) Peyton beat Tom and 2) that probably drove Cowherd bonkers  :nutz: . Win-win  :sheepaid:  (Idk why I added that, it's just funny).

2wc46kz.jpg

It's not really that big of a deal. I was just curious. Maybe he doesn't like the fact of putting a Colt in the finals. Seeing he is a huge Patriots back.

Also I'm doing the same. University computer, my computer, sisters computer, even having my GF vote. haha

Didn't know it world work for different browsers, more voting!

Anyone ever see this?

http://nbcsports.msnbc.com/id/33937274/ns/sports-nfl/page/2/

For Peyton Manning: (13½ votes) 
Troy Aikman (Class of ’06), George Blanda (’81), Len Dawson (’87), Dan Fouts (’93), Bob Griese (’90), Sonny Jurgensen (‘83), Jim Kelly (’02), Warren Moon (’06), Joe Namath (‘85), Clarence (Ace) Parker (’72), Fran Tarkenton (’86), Y.A. Tittle (’71), Charley Trippi (’68). Joe Montana (’00) (second half)

For Tom Brady: (2½ votes)
Terry Bradshaw (’89), John Elway (’04), Joe Montana (first half) 

Abstain: Dan Marino (’05), Bart Starr (’77), Roger Staubach (’85), Steve Young (’05)

I remember this.

It's been four years, I wonder if any opinions would have changed by now. Both guys have been to (and lost) one SB since that time.

Anyone else notice a kind of obvious consistency with who voted for who? (Meaning, the traits/legacies of the individual HOFers?)

Who is better, among the two, has never really mattered to me. Because no matter there will never be a consensus opinion. I've enjoyed both guys' careers and the success that the Patriots have had with Brady. Especially since any longtime fan waited decades for it and endured a LOT of bad teams along the way. (Not unlike Indy.)

I remember this.

It's been four years, I wonder if any opinions would have changed by now. Both guys have been to (and lost) one SB since that time.

Anyone else notice a kind of obvious consistency with who voted for who? (Meaning, the traits/legacies of the individual HOFers?)

Who is better, among the two, has never really mattered to me. Because no matter there will never be a consensus opinion. I've enjoyed both guys' careers and the success that the Patriots have had with Brady. Especially since any longtime fan waited decades for it and endured a LOT of bad teams along the way. (Not unlike Indy.)

No I didn't notice, but then again I don't know all their personalities. What do you mean?

I remember this.

I completely agree. There will never be a consensus greatest player or QB. If Tom or Peyton won the next 10 SBs there will still be a group to say there is someone better.

These things are just fun to partake in. In future we can jab how Peyton won the matchup with Tom, although it has no ground to hold. Just fun jabs.

I would like to see how the voters change their mind. I mean we at least know Elway will be jumping ship. ;)

Manning is making a comeback haha. Am I the only one that is kinda mad he is in a Broncos uni?

I think so. I can't speak for everyone, but I was never angry just super bummed. But I understood he was better off and so were we. I hope he wins the next 3 SB's

I think so. I can't speak for everyone, but I was never angry just super bummed. But I understood he was better off and so were we. I hope he wins the next 3 SB's

Oh I didn't mean it like that at all haha just peeved me that in all the other pics on that contest its him at our LOS calling a play then finals bam Broncos uni haha. Shoulda just stuck with one or the other.

Oh I didn't mean it like that at all haha just peeved me that in all the other pics on that contest its him at our LOS calling a play then finals bam Broncos uni haha. Shoulda just stuck with one or the other.

I know right! Freaking cowherd pats homer.

Manning has and will have ALL the stats. He revolutionized the game. Won a championship with the chance to win more. Took a team that had a losing culture and made it into a winning one.

If Manning had played in a different era with all the skills he has, there wouldn't be a question as to who the GOAT is.

It's PFM

I wouldn't say that, maybe over-appreciated? Kinda hard to describe it haha.

I think he deserves all the appreciation he gets. Guy is widely considered to be one of if not the best QB of all time. Of course there are different opinions on it but he won the games and he deserves the love. Just what I think anyway lol.

2wc46kz.jpg

great idea!   ... off I go...

All Ik is if you want to go by winning championships then Peyton dont have much goin for him but this is the greatest QB Super Bowls are win by TEAMS not one player I'm tired of seeing the media praise Tom Brady and other QB's cause they have more rings I guarantee if Peyton had the teams Brady or Montana had there wouldn't even be a discussion we would have more Super Bowls then any other team Peyton hardly ever had a good D and always had average recovers and line besides Wayne and Harrison sorry but no one will ever tell me Brady is a better pure QB then Peyton sorry

Is there a reason Cowherd changed Peyton's photo to a Bronco?

Also vote the heck out of Peyton. haha

I think it just changes from round to round.  But idk.  Ya im voting on my work computer, phone,  my home computer, and my wifes computer : haha:

I don't recall seeing Montana in a Chiefs jersey. :)