Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Game: When does DHB sign?

MrNLM

Just to have some fun with all of the forum members I ask you this:

When will DHB sign his contract???

Lets be honest... the guy has not garnered much attention around the league as a free agent. He has been out there long enough for someone to have landed him already but, nobody has tried yet. Word is the Colts and the Jets are the only teams linked to him as of now. I am pretty sure a guy like DHB does not want to play for a team like the Jets with a QB like Sanchez.

So this is how it will go down... the time that I plan on using to determine the winner will be when rotoworld posts the exciting news. Forum member with the closest time to the MINUTE will get my undying praise for about ten seconds.

I'll go first: 3:07PM

Get your answers in ASAP or you just might miss out on all this undying praise I have to give!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just to have some fun with all of the forum members I ask you this:

When will DHB sign his contract???

Lets be honest... the guy has not garnered much attention around the league as a free agent. He has been out there long enough for someone to have landed him already but, nobody has tried yet. Word is the Colts and the Jets are the only teams linked to him as of now. I am pretty sure a guy like DHB does not want to play for a team like the Jets with a QB like Sanchez.

So this is how it will go down... the time that I plan on using to determine the winner will be when rotoworld posts the exciting news. Forum member with the closest time to the MINUTE will get my undying praise for about ten seconds.

I'll go first: 3:07PM

Get your answers in ASAP or you just might miss out on all this undying praise I have to give!!!

3-26-13 @ 12:10 pm.

If he signs, it will be announced at 1:55 on ESPN Radio Colin Cowherd Show.....little fella seems to get a lot of breaking news stories.

I am not going lose any sleep if he does not sign....but I am warming up to the idea a little more.  I guess ya can teach an old dog new tricks  haha

I wish people would stop trying to talk theirselves into believing that we have the best shot at signing him because we have Luck or because we are a better organization. He'll go to whoever gives him more money, plain and simple. If he was at the end of his career, maybe he would choose the better team, but he's young and wants money. Stafford is a good QB and Detroit isn't a bad team, so it's not like were light yrs. ahead of Detroit. We might get him, but it will be because we offered more money.

All I can say is I'm trusting Grigs wont try and throw too much money his way to try and sign him. If he is in it for more money and Detroit or whoever will give it to him let them have him. We can get a guy in the draft. I'm sure well have a chance to get a solid receiver.

I wish people would stop trying to talk theirselves into believing that we have the best shot at signing him because we have Luck or because we are a better organization. He'll go to whoever gives him more money, plain and simple. If he was at the end of his career, maybe he would choose the better team, but he's young and wants money. Stafford is a good QB and Detroit isn't a bad team, so it's not like were light yrs. ahead of Detroit. We might get him, but it will be because we offered more money.

He'll sign due to his shared appreciation of communicating solely in classical rock lyrics or riddles. Money isn't everything after all.

Just because he's visiting another team doesn't mean squat. If he liked what he saw here, and how could he not, then I am confident he'll sign IF we even offered the guy a contract. He may be wanting superstar money...

Dolla Dolla Bills Y'all

There are a lot of variables that can also come into play. For example, his role with the Colts will most likely be as a 3rd receiver, maybe even a situational player. With the Lions he might be expected to be their #2 receiver, behind Megatron, since their receiving corps arguably isn't as deep as ours. They have Megatron, and then Burleson, Broyles (injury prone so far) and Pettigrew?

So not only is the amount of money a factor, but if DHB thinks he can be more of an impact player he may choose the Lions over the Colts. He'll be a bigger part of their offense as compared to ours.

Lol nice to see common sense prevail