New Uniform Time!

CdUde425

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like the uniforms as they are now...they are a classic.

If they must fiddle with them, I like that mid-silver gray that was on the facemasks at one time.

It is inoffensive and not as mindless as adding black like so many teams have done.

They could start by adding it to the trim and perhaps end up as a third main color.

First choice though is to leave it as is.

I respect the tradition this organization runs with, but regardless its time for something new with swag and attitude to represent the play on the field.  These would be perfect! 

attachicon.gifindianapolis_colts_uniform_concept_by_aidub-d4vwpc3.jpg

attachicon.gifIndianapolis-Colts-Helmet-Uniform-13.jpg

Fear not all you new uni crowd...    Nike will force something down our throats soon enough.  

This is tradition people... I love these Uni's except for the shoes on the back of the helmet. This a good look IMO if they just move the shoes to the sides.

indianapolis-colts-quarterback-manning-s

I love these...    I would not mind the HS being removed all together....       put a # on one side...   

You don't mess with tradition. Ask a team like the Yankees if they care about alternative Jerseys. Has nothing to do with being old school, its what identifies your franchise. My vote is not a chance in heck.

Quite honestly, I'm on the fence. I love the first new mock put up; however, I do love the class, tradition, and identity that the uni's symbolize. The thing is though, I don't think I have a vote since no one will be asking us anyways haha. I am quite confident that as long as Irsay owns the colts, the uni wont change (other than subtle color alterations lol). 

Fear not all you new uni crowd... Nike will force something down our throats soon enough.

I love these... I would not mind the HS being removed all together.... put a # on one side...

Thankfully the franchise has final say, not Nike. So Irsay will keep what works.

Quite honestly, I'm on the fence. I love the first new mock put up; however, I do love the class, tradition, and identity that the uni's symbolize. The thing is though, I don't think I have a vote since no one will be asking us anyways haha. I am quite confident that as long as Irsay owns the colts, the uni wont change (other than subtle color alterations lol).

Its just one of those things that don't need changing. You can't improve the wheel so you leave it alone. Brands like Tiffany will never change their logo to change things up. Another simple example is why doesn't McDonald's change the golden arches logo? It identifies them as the blue shoe with white does for us.

Depends on how the Jags and Dolphins new uniform acceptance goes will maybe urge more owners to let Nike remake their jerseys. Because the new Seahawks jersey acceptance went real well

By whom?  I see people ridiculing Seattle's uniforms more than any uniforms in the league. 

I would love to see a black and blue uniform. I think that would be a tough look. U can buy them at the pros hop

Like Duke's black jersey and black pants, and give them an alternate black Colts helmet to go with it( just like the Steelers did with their new jersey)

heck no.  i have always lked the plain no name look.  reminds me a lot of penn state's uni's.  although with the scandals and all if you put one of those on in a game its somrthing special even if it looks generic.  thats what i think of the colts uni's.  i would even like to see them not put the last names on the backs like the yankees d because we've had so many great players throughout the years and then maybe retire the numbers of just a few of the greats.  the day irsay changes the uni' will be a sad one.  i especially like the away jerseys all white from head to toe with barely any blue on it.  it says we're not paying attention to fashion or if we look cool  we just came here to kic your butt

Its just one of those things that don't need changing. You can't improve the wheel so you leave it alone. Brands like Tiffany will never change their logo to change things up. Another simple example is why doesn't McDonald's change the golden arches logo? It identifies them as the blue shoe with white does for us.

Really?  Does your car have wooden or stone tires? Or does it have tires made of rubber with traction and correct air pressure?  See, you CAN improve the wheel. ;)  lol

Seriously though this is obviously something that will never be unanimously agreed upon.  I would love to see something different while still wearing the classics 1-4 times per year. :)

Fair point.

Opinions are like you know what, everybody has one. I see nothing wrong with switching up. If there was a way to update it or modernize it so out uni's were a more tougher look I'd be all for it.

Even nd switches up their uni's. don't like Oregon but their uni's are sweet!

No you do not.  Every off season, we fans can expect this topic to pop up, and each year it is ignored by the Colts.  This class organization doesn't need new uniforms nor new colors.  We will continue with the most class as an organization and the classiest uniforms in the NFL. 

dont tell me what i do or do not respect **** you think you are

I like the horseshoe on the chest look too but I think the horseshoe on the chest is too big.  Looks like it's wrapped around the player...I actually didn't notice at first that it was supposed to be a horseshoe. lol  

it does wrap around the player

are these actually real uni's are we actually gonna wear them?????????????

no, and clearly me making this topic is not going to promote change..its just an interesting topic and i thought these uni's were straight awesome m wanted to see some opinions...i like what we wear now or else i wouldnt have a harrison wayne Edge manning collie sanders angerer or rhodes jersey

Really?  Does your car have wooden or stone tires? Or does it have tires made of rubber with traction and correct air pressure?  See, you CAN improve the wheel. ;)  lol

Seriously though this is obviously something that will never be unanimously agreed upon.  I would love to see something different while still wearing the classics 1-4 times per year. :)

got 'em  :lol:

:banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana:  :banana: 

No you do not. Every off season, we fans can expect this topic to pop up, and each year it is ignored by the Colts. This class organization doesn't need new uniforms nor new colors. We will continue with the most class as an organization and the classiest uniforms in the NFL.

Most class?? We left towns in the middle of the night and an owner who had a drinking problem, I beg to differ on the most class organization. I love my team to death though.

Most class?? We left towns in the middle of the night and an owner who had a drinking problem, I beg to differ on the most class organization. I love my team to death though.

I really can't stand it when it's said we are the "classiest" or win the "right way". I can care less about being classy or winning the right way. It just seems all to uppity to me. IMHO of course ;).

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2013 - personal shot
Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2013 - personal shot

Like Gavin said, our throwbacks from a couple years ago were cool aside from the placement of the Horseshoe. Anything after that though I think would be too much for a clean and classy organization.

What clean and classy organization? The owner is a drunk and drug addict. They ran Peyton Manning out of town. Compare that to the way NE handled Brady by extending him into his 40s so that he will end his career as a Patriot. Yes, they had spy gate and the Colts pumped extra noise into their stadium. I have been a Colts fan since Johnny U but I have no respect for Irsay and the way he handles things now.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2013 - quoting removed post

What clean and classy organization? The owner is a drunk and drug addict. They ran Peyton Manning out of town. Compare that to the way NE handled Brady by extending him into his 40s so that he will end his career as a Patriot. Yes, they had spy gate and the Colts pumped extra noise into their stadium. I have been a Colts fan since Johnny U but I have no respect for Irsay and the way he handles things now.

A drunk and a drug addict? And ran Peyton out of town? Lol, wow...

I actually like the helmet a lot. It has a clacsic look, despite the fact that it is a new design. I also like the uni concept. It's a tad more modern, and I like the way the horseshoe was incorporated into the design.

Unfortunately, the Colts aren't about to consider a new look.

No thanks I like ours the way they are.  The Colts are one of the most storied teams in NFL history.  Nothing wrong with being a classic. 

Also nothing wrong with having an alternate to change things up from time to time while still wearing the traditional Indianapolis Colts Uni

Also nothing wrong with having an alternate to change things up from time to time while still wearing the traditional Indianapolis Colts Uni

IMO the alternates are over done in sports in general.  It doesn't mean I don't like some of them but I also like it when the classic teams like the Colts just stick with their classic look.  Throw backs once in a while sure but it's the once in a while that makes it special when they do it. 

At least the blind hatred of the Colts seems to have died out before the current generation. "You like the Cowboys?" lmao

Yeah, the kids definitely don't carry the resentment that my generation harbors.  I still hear the story constantly from my husband about the crying ten year old boy watching the Mayflower carry his team away. My family on the other hand continued to be Colts fans. Now my poor three year old wears his Luck jersey one Sunday and his Flacco jersey the next. Oh, and by the way, his name is Brady Thomas.  He's all messed up in the head.

Yeah, the kids definitely don't carry the resentment that my generation harbors.  I still hear the story constantly from my husband about the crying ten year old boy watching the Mayflower carry his team away. My family on the other hand continued to be Colts fans. Now my poor three year old wears his Luck jersey one Sunday and his Flacco jersey the next. Oh, and by the way, his name is Brady Thomas.  He's all messed up in the head.

Interesting. My kids, and most of my friends kids, have all been taught about what happened to the Colts. They know Colts history, and enjoy hearing the stories of Unitas, and the old days. Our kids are pure Ravens fans, who are also Baltimore Colts fans, and would never follow a team outside of Baltimore. There always seems to be a couple of goofball kids that become Patriots or Steeler fans because they won a couple of Super Bowls when they were very young. Most of these parents are unknowledgable football fans,  transient families from outside of Maryland, or bandwagoneers. We have a ton of memorabilia, but the majority of it is Baltimore Colts and Ravens stuff. Most Ravens parents pass on the past history of Baltimore football in detail to their kids. It is a city with a long memory.

Posted · Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2013 - quoting removed post
Hidden by Nadine, March 24, 2013 - quoting removed post

What clean and classy organization? The owner is a drunk and drug addict. They ran Peyton Manning out of town. Compare that to the way NE handled Brady by extending him into his 40s so that he will end his career as a Patriot. Yes, they had spy gate and the Colts pumped extra noise into their stadium. I have been a Colts fan since Johnny U but I have no respect for Irsay and the way he handles things now.

He made the right decision.  why bench luck just because you want to hold on to a legend? Colts want to head in a new direction. they wanted to rebuild so they can be consistent contender every year for next 15 yrs. its paid off well so far. I could see if we didnt have luck then yea keep peyton but Luck needs to get his feet wet.

You forget that this is a business. if you forget that for 1 sec. youll get screwed.