Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

WR or OT seems like the choice now for the 1st round

This could change, but I'm definitely leaning towards OG in the first.  The timing seems a little off for WR.  Wayne's got two more years on his contract, and he's still a Pro-Bowler.  Hilton was great as a rookie, and Brazill looks like he can easily fill Avery's role from last year.  Hilton and Brazill need PT, and a 1st rounder will detract from that.  I don't think we need to try to replace Wayne for another year or two.  Filling in the WR depth is something we should start looking for after the 1st round, though.  OT depth is abyssmal, and that becomes a priority too...but not in the 1st round.  It seems like if Grigson wanted an edge-setter who could also rush the passer, he should have considered Okafor in Round 1.  But, the die is cast, and I think Grigson has spent too much money on the front 7 to go drafting one in the 1st.  Same's true of the CBs.  A lot of $ invested in Davis, Toler, and Butler.  Plus, it's such a deep CB class in the draft this year, you can pick up some promising depth in the 6th.  So, for me, the process of elimination keeps leading me back to OG.  Larry Warford could be a true RG, letting us start Thomas at LG, and relegating Reitz to back-up duty. 

I'm not a huge fan of Justin hunter hes too inconsistent. I might be in the minority on this, but I actually like his old teammate Da'Rick Rogers better than him, as well as Keenan Allen, and Deandre Hopkins.

Bray was inconsistent not Hunter.  The man is a beast.  I do like Da'Rick though

I think the best value at 24 is going to be WR or CB. There isn't likeley going to be an OL worth the pick unless Fluker falls and our staff feels he could do well at RG. The best OLB will be gone too. Clearly the front office isn't happy with our WR group. They were great in last years system but maybe not in Pep's new scheme. A great route runner with great hands (Hopkins) or a big physical guy with great hands (Allen) would be solid. Rhodes or Trufant would be great in our D as well. Gotta remember WR and CB are expensive positions in FA. Getting talent in the draft would be great.