Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Nice Hasselbeck Quotes...

NewColtsFan

From the Colts.com story on our new back-up Quarterback.....

“I was really excited and fired up after talking to coach Pagano last night,” Hasselbeck said. “This isn’t something that (my family) took lightly. We are very, very excited about the opportunity.”

“(Luck) was a difference maker for that football team. From one year to the next, the most obvious difference was the quarterback,” Hasselbeck said.

“I just have a ton of respect for the kind of season that he had and the toughness that he showed in the pocket. He got beat up pretty good but he always came back for more, never rattled.”

While Luck took every snap for the Colts in 2012, Hasselbeck knows that is an anomaly for NFL quarterbacks.

Preparing as a starter is how Hasselbeck will go about his week-by-week business in 2013, wanting a chance to achieve the ultimate goal of getting back to the grandest stage.

“I feel like that I can help strengthen the team by being ready to go, being a guy that this team can count on, if necessary,” Hasselbeck said.

“I wanted to be part of something special. I wanted to be part of a team that has a chance to win a Super Bowl and I wanted to be working with really quality people.”

No doubt he's a nice guy.

Haven't really heard a bad thing about him... recently. 10 years ago, he wasn't that well liked in the league. 

Seems like he's eager to help Luck and happy to be here, and that's good!

Hasselbeck is a good guy. Trent Dilfer credits him with pretty much saving his life while in Seattle. Evidently, Dilfer was in pretty bad shape after the death of his son, and Hasselbeck took him in and helped get his life back together.

Hasselbeck seems like a really nice guy.  He is a pretty good football player too.  I think his experience will really come in handy, given that our offensive coordinator doesn't have much experience as an OC in the NFL.  His experience will help make up for the experience we lost in Arians when he went to Arizona

Hasselbeck is a good guy. Trent Dilfer credits him with pretty much saving his life while in Seattle. Evidently, Dilfer was in pretty bad shape after the death of his son, and Hasselbeck took him in and helped get his life back together.

I just looked that story up. Matt sure does seem like a good guy....always thought that when I've seen interviews. They'd be hard pressed to find a better guy to back up Luck for the next couple years.

I just like that he's a prankster & practical joker. Matthew is just naturally funny. He often moves players cars during move in minicamp day. Don't leave your keys in the ignition rookies. haha  He did this a lot in Seattle as the starting QB. Yet, when it is time to hunker down & get to work he does exactly that. 

He looks nice with a shaved head too. A nice sphere for a skull not a deformed egg plant think of the money he saves on shampoo & hair products. Smart, laid back, thorough when the situation warrants it. A great fit for us! 

titans-matt-hasselbeck-512x300.jpg

I LOVE the Hasselbbeck signing... Always respected the dude and glad he will more than likely end his career as a Colt. As others have mentioned I think his brand of veteran leadership is a perfect fit for the team and I feel like hes the perfect veteran QB to be an extra set of eyes along the sidelines to help Lucks progression...

It doesnt hurt that he is familiar with the division either...

Goodstuff...

I like the fact that Matthew landed on a Playoff caliber team. He deserves to win a SB considering those less than stellar NFL zebras took away the Lombardi Championship from him & Mike Holmgren in 2005. It still royally ticks me off to this day. Pathetic officiating at Ford Field in Detroit, MI IMO...Redemption in INDY Matthew...Sweet  :lombardi:  redemption...

Hey, if Matthew Hasselbeck steps in for god forbid an injured Andrew Luck & gets the Colts to the SB in the next 2 years, can actor Bruce Willis play Matthew in the box office mega block buster film too? The resemble is scary good...Just Kidding! 

5142404_orig.jpg

matt-hasselbeck.jpg

I like Hassleback....except when they were playing us and he was abusing Cassius Vaughn and made this face lol.....

Colts-Hasselback.jpg

But he's a smart QB and still has "it".

Plus who in their right mind wouldn't keep throwing to any receiver Vaughn was covering? I think the mascot could have a career day against Cassius "unturnable neck" Vaughn.

I like Hassleback....except when they were playing us and he was abusing Cassius Vaughn and made this face lol.....

Colts-Hasselback.jpg

Plus who in their right mind wouldn't keep throwing to any receiver Vaughn was covering? I think the mascot could have a career day against Cassius "unturnable neck" Vaughn.

Licking his chops & ready to hit that INDY film room Lollygager! This old dog can still hunt baby.  :thmup:   :blueshoe:  Just ask Chuck Pagano...

Colts-Hasselback.jpg

Lol I was wondering if everybody forgot about this. 

Not sure if this was already brought up or not. McAfee said that MH is great in the film room, picking out weaknesses. He said that was Sorgi's strength in helping Peyton and Eli.

Kind of an expensive backup but may well be worth it.

He's been one of the few guys that, IMO, have been hard not to like.....even when you 'hate' him. Just reference the picture above. Love the guy's attitude and love that he's here. Who knows, maybe he'll help Luck get out of his awkward turtle shell?

Always loved Hassleback n felt he was dealt a bad hand in Sea(Felt he was used as a scapegoat upon his release from there too). Glad he's here honestly couldn't think of a more perfect fit for Luck's vet backup.