Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree in principles with NT Aubrayo Franklin

MTC

I think he would make it threw camp because AJ is most likely gone.  This guy gives us another body but then again I wouldn't be completely shocked if McKinney was cut by June 1st.

They do have Tevaseau, so they definitely don't need him for TC. They would have 3 NTs (not counting RJF) excluding McKinney. 

It will all depend on the health of Chapman.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They do have Tevaseau, so they definitely don't need him for TC. They would have 3 NTs (not counting RJF) excluding McKinney. 

It will all depend on the health of Chapman.

or if they think McKinney is better than the other guys and just want to see who the best ones are.  Again I could easily see McKinney getting cut but I can also see them taking him to camp too.

Look for Mathis to be out on many first downs and used a LOT in 2nd and 3rd and long. Gee wizz.

Lol, I was trying to figure out why Mathis would come out on passing situation when he is our rush linebacker. I am guessing some aren't aware that they are moving him to Freeney's vacated position.

I think this signing screams WR in the first round. Part of me believes this is a reaction to the WR acquisition falling through. They filled a need so they didn't have to in the first round. However, I wouldn't be surprised to see a LB taken (inside or outside).

You have to give Luck weapons. Reggie is only a few years away from hanging it up. 

I highly doubt Colts draft DL now. RJF/Fili/Redding/Matthews/Nevis & Franklin/McKinney/Chapman is deep enough. I feel like we will cut most of the late additions we brought in last year & probably fill those spots w/ UDFA.

I highly doubt Colts draft DL now. RJF/Fili/Redding/Matthews/Nevis & Franklin/McKinney/Chapman is deep enough. I feel like we will cut most of the late additions we brought in last year & probably fill those spots w/ UDFA.

JMO- Fili, Mathews, Nevis, McKinney, barring injuries won`t make the final cut. we will see

We still have cap room for a WR. This deal if we make it is going to involve a draft pick to get the WR. A deal is still in the works for one. Until Jim Irsay says we're done with WR deal, we're still trying to make one.

you'r basing this because of his stellar performance last year in the nfl.

Nevis before injury was great at DE for our defense. I know he'll be on the team next season. As for the others I don't know about. Nevis is a sure thing though

The players we brought in on defense  were slammed pretty hard either we payed to much or there stats prove there not talented or what ever . For me it is all about what Coach Pagano can do with these guys regardless of there past's they are the pieces he wanted IMO . I can't wait to see this defense take the field & I have as always high hopes that we'll field a defense that can finally stop the run on a consistent basis .

This is where I sit too, but am cautiously optimistic about all the signings who actually get on the field and play.  I hope a good many play up to, or even above their payday.  With all of the signings, there a chance one or more may not work out as planned. We'll just have to wait and see if they fit and can learn their part in the scheme. I'm liking the D so far.  I have some deires still for D and O, but we still have the draft so we'll see where Grigson/Pagano go there.

I doubt it. Chapman probably beats them all out at Training Camp. But he is a great addition to the mix. McKinney is on notice.

Chap hasn't played a down in the nfl. No way he beats them out. He won't get cut but he's not starting. Unless he's the next best thing in the league, he is not making much noise. Trust me, I'm a big chap fan and want to see him become a monster. But realistically, he doesn't have the playing experience or time yet to do so. He needs to develop

Chap hasn't played a down in the nfl. No way he beats them out. He won't get cut but he's not starting. Unless he's the next best thing in the league, he is not making much noise. Trust me, I'm a big chap fan and want to see him become a monster. But realistically, he doesn't have the playing experience or time yet to do so. He needs to develop

Chapman and taveasu will be rotated in

Everyone seems to keep over looking the WRs we already have on the roster. Brazill might step up. We also have Kelly, a 6-6 WR from Maine. Whalen and Sambrano might step up, you never know. Grigson must have seen something in these guys. 

I think another proven WR would go a long way. We has a lot of drops last year. Easy catch drops that were drive killers too.

The players we brought in on defense  were slammed pretty hard either we payed to much or there stats prove there not talented or what ever . For me it is all about what Coach Pagano can do with these guys regardless of there past's they are the pieces he wanted IMO . I can't wait to see this defense take the field & I have as always high hopes that we'll field a defense that can finally stop the run on a consistent basis .

We now have a couple of run stuffers....it will make the LB core that much stronger.  Conner is our best LB against the run...cannot wait to see if we can see his game go to the next level.

The guys brought in (Walden included) have serious motors.  If the likes of Guy, Heard and Geathers can come in an make plays, so should your new signees...I cannot wait to see Walden and Sidbury on the field... :coltslogo:  :coltslogo:

We now have a couple of run stuffers....it will make the LB core that much stronger. Conner is our best LB against the run...cannot wait to see if we can see his game go to the next level.

The guys brought in (Walden included) have serious motors. If the likes of Guy, Heard and Geathers can come in an make plays, so should your new signees...I cannot wait to see Walden and Sidbury on the field... :coltslogo::coltslogo:

As much as I do like Connor, I have to say Freeman was an absolute beast against the run as well. He was single-handedly taking AP down himself in the Vikings game. That told me right there this guy is going to really shine. With this new defensive line it wouldn't surprise me to see him being either 1 or 2 in tackles next year in the league. Heck, I believe he was top-5 last year.

As much as I do like Connor, I have to say Freeman was an absolute beast against the run as well. He was single-handedly taking AP down himself in the Vikings game. That told me right there this guy is going to really shine. With this new defensive line it wouldn't surprise me to see him being either 1 or 2 in tackles next year in the league. Heck, I believe he was top-5 last year.

I shalt not argue BleedBlu8792!!  :)  Freeman was super.  Here's to hoping he loves playing in the NFL so much that he has worked hard in the off-season to be prepared!  It will be nice if we could stop the run for a change!!

Anxious to see Hickman, Killeen, Lutrus and Harvey battle it out for final spots, as well as Angerer...where does Pat fit?  Is he finally healthy?  Big question marks!!!

I shalt not argue BleedBlu8792!! :) Freeman was super. Here's to hoping he loves playing in the NFL so much that he has worked hard in the off-season to be prepared! It will be nice if we could stop the run for a change!!

Anxious to see Hickman, Killeen, Lutrus and Harvey battle it out for final spots, as well as Angerer...where does Pat fit? Is he finally healthy? Big question marks!!!

I really believe this will be Pat's last year with the team. He just isn't built for this defense IMO. Again just my opinion, but I wasn't impressed with his play when he was the MIKE in our old scheme. He seemed to need help a lot of the time when making tackles and his stats showed that in the amount of solo tackles he had 2 years ago compared to his assists. Granted, a number of those could have been him playing "clean-up" but he just doesn't seem that dominant solo tackler that's needed for this defense. I think he would be better suited to the WILL or possibly the SAM on a 4-3 team. One thing I will say is that he plays with a lot of heart and motor, but sometimes more than that is needed.

I really believe this will be Pat's last year with the team. He just isn't built for this defense IMO. Again just my opinion, but I wasn't impressed with his play when he was the MIKE in our old scheme. He seemed to need help a lot of the time when making tackles and his stats showed that in the amount of solo tackles he had 2 years ago compared to his assists. Granted, a number of those could have been him playing "clean-up" but he just doesn't seem that dominant solo tackler that's needed for this defense. I think he would be better suited to the WILL or possibly the SAM on a 4-3 team. One thing I will say is that he plays with a lot of heart and motor, but sometimes more than that is needed.

You said it here....he played with heart and grit in that 2-14 debacle.  He was showing leadership on the field we were not seeing from the likes of Mathis and Freeney.  That year can just go away in my memory banks.....:(

IMO our defense is vastly improved overall,no question we will be much better against the run as well as the pass,the depth on the DL is there,we still need more depth in the secondary,and we most deffinately can stand to keep upgrading our OL,But I do think this D has the chance overall to be the best the COLTS have had in INDY

IMO our defense is vastly improved overall,no question we will be much better against the run as well as the pass,the depth on the DL is there,we still need more depth in the secondary,and we most deffinately can stand to keep upgrading our OL,But I do think this D has the chance overall to be the best the COLTS have had in INDY

+1

I agree Jay. I've watched every Colts game since 1984 except when I missed some when I was in the military, and I don't remember ever having a defense that I've been this excited about. We may not have big name stars but our depth is very good and we have some young guys that are finally going to get their chance to shine. I can't wait to see them all on the field together and see how they perform and we haven't even got our draft picks yet.