Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts agree in principles with NT Aubrayo Franklin

MTC

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Unless chap lives up to his potential this year, Franklin is going to be our starter, he's a good nt and I am happy with this signing.

But this means that the wr trade most likely fell through. Well, we always have the draft and that one kid we picked up.

I like this move. He's a good player, I definitely rate him higher than I do McKinney. Even better that I've seen a lot of mocks linking us to John Jenkins, who I really don't like, so this should hopefully be a safeguard to that! Will have to wait on news about $$$ but as a player, good pickup.

wth? Chapman + Franklin + Tevaseau + Mckinney...way 2 many people for NT

since RJF can play DE and NT, I thought we would only carry 2 NT.

We're months away from a depth chart. You're talking about going from a 90 man roster to a 53 man roster.

Also, I don't think RJF is going to be used as a nose tackle if we can help it at all.

I think this is a very good signing.

He can come in and play the NT spot right away. 

He's the right short term solution for the position and can let Chapman develop behind him.

I really don't see this NT spot as a big need anymore. 

Defensive Front 3-4

Aubrayo Franklin, SD (+4.0)

Franklin isn’t playing as he did in San Francisco, but his work down the road in San Diego should be garnering more attention. He’s playing well at a position that isn’t stocked as it once was.

From PFF's mid season All-Pro Team.

You're right, who wants a proven WR over a draftee?

Hmm, Reggie Wayne was a draftee.  Marvin Harrison was a draftee.

Proven WR don't always work out.  Just ask Terrell Owens and Philly.  Or Terrel Owens and Dallas.  Or Brandon Lloyd and NE.  Or...

Long story short, both methods can work.  However don't assume that a proven receiver is better than a draftee.  There is a thing called potential, and it is still very important.

I think this is a very good signing.

He can come in and play the NT spot right away. 

He's the right short term solution for the position and can let Chapman develop behind him.

I really don't see this NT spot as a big need anymore. 

Excellent signing we are slowly runrning this group around to a physical bunch

This line is big and nasty. Redding-Franklin-rjf. I see what pags is doing.

Our line is definitely going to hold the line and allow our lbs to roam free. Look for this be a career year for freeman and angerer

Freeman & Connor. I don't see Angerer starting. Freeman & Connor did DAMAGE last year together

You're right, who wants a proven WR over a draftee?

A team that doesn't have the cap space to sign one, a team that see more upside in a given draft prospect vs. the proven WRs available, team that wants a cheaper and even younger option. Plenty of reasons to draft a WR over a proven WR.

Franklin is just insurance  Chapman is the starter. Now we know were not drafting a NT looks more and more like were going WR in round 1.

Based on what? Chapman has never played in the NFL and may have practiced with the team for one or two weeks before going on IR.

It's not an easy position to learn either.

wth? Chapman + Franklin + Tevaseau + Mckinney...way 2 many people for NT

since RJF can play DE and NT, I thought we would only carry 2 NT.

Remember,  there's  a difference on what your roster looks like in March and what it will be in September.

Can't have enough good quality people now....   everything else can get figured out between now and then....