Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Did The Titans Suddenly Get Better?

presto123

A couple of the ESPN analysts said the Titans have improved the most so far in our division during this FA period.(I haven't kept up with their additions)  They just signed Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 2 year deal. I know he had his ups and downs last year but I've seen him play great in the past. I like his game and I think he's ready to break out with a different situation.. The Colts may just have more to worry about than the Texans this year:)

They've had a nice pre-season....

But Fitz was not brought in to start.    He's the back-up.    He may eventually start if Locker flames out and the Titans give up on him.    But, until that happens,  Locker is the starter, and Fitz is the back-up.

And, if someday, Fitz does become the stater for Tennessee....   I'm perfectly OK with that!     :disco:      :td:       :applause:      

:thmup:

Well they got a younger and more capable QB now, so maybe they did get better. That said...I still expect them to come up second or third in the South.

2nd or 3rd? Do you really expect the Texans to fall all the way to 3rd or 4th?

The Titans haven't done anything that I'm aware of that would make them better. They overpaid for a guard and added a QB that has been terrible for 2 yrs.. I think they added Sammie Lee Hill, but he's nothing special, other than that, I don't see anything even worth talking about. They'll still be fighting every team in the south except the Colts for last place. :)

The Titans haven't done anything that I'm aware of that would make them better. They overpaid for a guard and added a QB that has been terrible for 2 yrs.. I think they added Sammie Lee Hill, but he's nothing special, other than that, I don't see anything even worth talking about. They'll still be fighting every team in the south except the Colts for last place. :)

Lol maybe they are better but not good enough,my predictions not that bold IMO,AFC SOUTH  COLTS ,TEXANS,TITANS

there best addition was Delanie Walker at TE/FB.  they also added Shawn Greene at RB.  With those 2, and the addition of Levitre, it is pretty clear they are making an attempt to improve their run game.

that being said, I don't think they improved all that much.  I expect us to go 2-0 against them again this year

there best addition was Delanie Walker at TE/FB.  they also added Shawn Greene at RB.  With those 2, and the addition of Levitre, it is pretty clear they are making an attempt to improve their run game.

that being said, I don't think they improved all that much.  I expect us to go 2-0 against them again this year

They just improved their run game a little bit.  We just improved our run defense by 5 times as much as they've improved their run game.  

I expect the AFC South will come down to the Colts and the Texans.  Titans will be 3rd and Jag's 4th.

Colt's and Texans are close in talent.  Titans are a big step down from both of them.  Jag's are a big step down from the Titans.  

A couple of the ESPN analysts said the Titans have improved the most so far in our division during this FA period.(I haven't kept up with their additions)  They just signed Ryan Fitzpatrick to a 2 year deal. I know he had his ups and downs last year but I've seen him play great in the past. I like his game and I think he's ready to break out with a different situation.. The Colts may just have more to worry about than the Texans this year:)

They added best OG oon Market, way over paid, added shorre green to be power back to compliment CJ, Safety George Wilson who supposedly fits systenm & compliments Griffin

Delanie Walker as TE , Dt Sammile Lee Hill, & LB Moise Fokou

Pete Prisco Grades all teams

Tennessee Titans

They've spent a lot of money on several big-ticket items, but are they that much better? GuardAndy Levitre (Bills) is a good player, and he will help, but they paid him a lot of money. Tight end Delanie Walker (49ers) is a nice pickup, but is he really an upgrade over Jared Cook, who signed with the Rams? I do like the pickup of Sammie Lee Hill (Lions), but why both paying running back Shonn Greene (Jets)?

Grade: C

Indianapolis Colts

Second-year general manager Ryan Grigson spent a lot of money trying to improve his roster. I like a lot of the moves, except for a couple. The addition of Cherilus fills a major need at right tackle. I also like corner Greg Toler (Cardinals) as a young, rising player who will start. Defensive end Ricky Jean-Francois (49ers) is ready to do more and guard Donald Thomas(Patriots) will start. I did not like the signing of safety LaRon Landry (Jets), but he is an upgrade. And Walden is just a solid player -- -nothing special.

Grade: B+

Was only 1 A till Friday

Denver Broncos

Up until the Elvis Dumervil fiasco, they were having a great offseason. But when a snafu allowed him to become a free agent Friday, it put a damper on the happenings. They now either have to re-sign him or sign a veteran end. They did some good things before that, adding guard Louis Vasquez (Chargers), receiver Wes Welker (Patriots), defensive tackle Terrence Knighton (Jaguars) and corner Dominique Rodgers-Cromartie (Eagles). But now they have to find a pass rusher.

Grade: B (Had an A until Friday).

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/story/21912656/caprestrictions-draft-philosophy-make-grading-free-agency-tough

Lol titians a threat !

I don't know if fitz makes them better than they were yesterday with Hasselbeck but he is good replacement for Hasselbeck. The titans off season as a whole has been good. On paper they have signed some real nice peaces now we will see how it turns out.

They are more then welcome to battle it out for spots "2-4" in the South with the Texans and Jaguars.

Well they got a younger and more capable QB now, so maybe they did get better. That said...I still expect them to come up second or third in the South.

2nd or 3rd? Do you really expect the Texans to fall all the way to 3rd or 4th?

Lol maybe they are better but not good enough,my predictions not that bold IMO,AFC SOUTH  COLTS ,TEXANS,TITANS

It all depends on Locker.  Can he stay healthy?  Can he improve his play to justify being such a high pick?  Fitz is their backup.  If he does get playing time, I'll just expect to see Bethea and Landry pad their INT stats.