Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Colts get one compensatory pick.

MTC

Meh, if I were them I would do one of two things.

1. Trade all their picks to move up in the draft. They can't seriously keep that many picks. At least they would have fewer picks with better talent.

2. Trade them for future picks. Spread them out throughout the next 2 or 3 years. Obviously they can't get rid of their comp picks though...

That list contains drew Stanton in the gains column, I didn't know that trades factor into the equation. I thought it was just free agency. If it includes trades, shouldn't Davis be on the list?

Another question. 49rs lose 3 players, sign manningham and get 3 picks all of which are higher than the colts? Weird math there

I know Grigson was hoping for two, and higher up the board.  Oh well, not good for our draft. But, we still have our 8 million dollar backup QB insurance policy we all hope never sees the field. :(

....ans it's starting already

I don't mind the last pick in the draft. It's one more pick we didn't have before.

I look at it like this there are always several UDFAs that many teams are interested in and compete to get them to sign every year.  The compensatory pick we got is basically the same as giving us 1st choice of all the UDFAs, we don't have to try to convince him to sign with us, and we get him for peanuts.

That list contains drew Stanton in the gains column, I didn't know that trades factor into the equation. I thought it was just free agency. If it includes trades, shouldn't Davis be on the list? Am sure trades don't count cause ur losing a player or a pick can't member what we traded but we should of got 2 picks but need to see rules again but think ur right

Another question. 49rs lose 3 players, sign manningham and get 3 picks all of which are higher than the colts? Weird math there

I don't mind the last pick in the draft. It's one more pick we didn't have before.

I look at it like this there are always several UDFAs that many teams are interested in and compete to get them to sign every year.  The compensatory pick we got is basically the same as giving us 1st choice of all the UDFAs, we don't have to try to convince him to sign with us, and we get him for peanuts.

That's exactly right. We basically get first choice of the UDFAs. Very we'll put.

I'm kind of surprised we got any considering all the FAs we signed.