Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Cassius Vaughn Signs Qualifying Offer

Dark Superman

Per Irsay's twitter.

Not great news in my book.

Hey, he's an experienced CB. Everyone thought Tim Jennings was a blight when he was here too. Coaching makes a difference, and he'll have another year.

Lets just hope he doesn't have to start anytime soon.

Hey, he's an experienced CB. Everyone thought Tim Jennings was a blight when he was here too. Coaching makes a difference, and he'll have another year.

You see with Jennings, I just remember him being subpar, no real plays stand out that made my cringe. Vaughn now everytime he took the field literally made my stomach hurt. No colts player ever has almost made me cry out of frustration like Vaughn did againt the ravens.

And only i mean only replying because of Jennings I just do not see him turning his play around=because he cant turn his head around to the ball.Vaughn reminds me of someone that clocks into work clocks out and no more thought about it.Just doesnt seem to have the desire to play or adjust to his mistakes.And I do believe coaching has a big impact on a player,but as a team when people start playing better seems like the whole team gets better=Jennings:)

unfortunately it was a 1 yr for 1.323 mil... per rotoworld

Cassius Vaughn - DB - Colts

Colts re-signed restricted free agent CB Cassius Vaughn to a one-year, $1.323 million contract.

Vaughn, still only 25, amassed 66 tackles and a three-yard pick six across 16 games last season, making 11 starts. He's been pushed down the depth chart by the signing of Greg Toler and re-signing of slot cornerback Darius Butler, but Vaughn should have every opportunity to win Indianapolis' dime back role. Vaughn also offers kick return value and made one 2012 tackle on special teams.

I agree. Vaughn was bad in some games and I complained about him too, but he's going to be our 4th CB and what do people expect from a #4 CB? He can always improve, he has good speed and has some skills. I'm perfectly fine with him being the 4th CB.

Don't get this mixed up, he DID suck.

When people make this comment it makes it seem like Colts fans just used him as an escape goat. He was terrible.

Went to Chicago got in the right place with the right players & coaches and now he's one of the best.

Don't get this mixed up, he DID suck.

When people make this comment it makes it seem like Colts fans just used him as an escape goat. He was terrible.

Went to Chicago got in the right place with the right players & coaches and now he's one of the best.

Very good post.

Just get number 32 off of him....get him anther number now....Edge is being castigated to the gates of _____ with this worthless CB wearing number 32.....I cannot believe we have signed Mr. Turn my back on the ball."  Some of the worst CB play I have ever seen!!!  HORRIFIC!   :runforhills:  :Gaah:  :reaction:  :rawr:

Wow!! The speculation can finally end, now I can finally rest. Whew.....all of those tweets from Irsay the last few days and boy did he really come through for us.............we resigned Vaughn (sarcastic). What an * Irsay is.

Guess we're not drafting a CB then?

Don't assume that.     This contract is not guaranteed.

If we draft a corner we like,  Vaughn's job is very much up in the air.   

But for now,  he stays on the roster.    And it should give people here some indication of what Grigson AND Pagano think of him.

People may be made at Grigson for his FA signings,  but Pagano knows DB's.    And he's signed off on this....