Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Best Andrew Luck interview to date (merge)

RomanianColtsFan

Alec Baldwin:"Andrew Luck – a self-described nerd – is nothing if not level-headed when he talks about the transitions from high school to college to pro football." My friend Jules was foreshadowing when she referred to Luck as "adorkable..."  haha Nice work!

"Andrew Luck: There's a little bit of pride involvement, too, I think, as a football player. At least in my mind. I sort've enjoy getting hit every now and then and being able to stand back up and say, 'Okay you hit me – whatever, man. I'm getting back up.'" You can't help but like a guy who is cool with getting sacked & smacked around in the pocket.  :thmup:

"Alec Baldwin: It's the Victoria's Secret runway show.

Andrew Luck: Exactly. You're on a stage with strength coaches, head coaches, and all these coaches sitting in the bleachers around you, you walk up in the middle, and they say, 'Andrew Luck, Stanford University, 6'4", 235.'

Alec Baldwin: And guys are there with pads going, 'I don't like the ratio of his thigh muscles to his rib cage. Write that down, Ray. I don't like that rib-thigh ratio.'

Andrew Luck: God knows what they're saying up there." Another reason to admire Luck: He sees the lunacy in the Combine dog & pony circus show. Also, he knows when he must perform & not goof around.

Alec Baldwin: "So you show up for your first pro training camp. Now you are in the center ring. It ain't high school; it ain't college; it ain't Big Ten. It's professional football. What's that like? Does your butt tighten just a little bit when you're there?

Andrew Luck: I puckered up a bit." Dog & pony circus Show #2.  haha

Give credit to your predecessor & NFL Mentor. Nice work Andrew.  :thmup:  Acknowledge the past. Pay homage to #18 & move forward. 

Andrew Luck: Peyton Manning. I love Peyton. Still a big fan of Peyton....

Alec Baldwin: What do you admire most about Peyton? You had the tough job, obviously, of replacing Peyton.

Andrew Luck: "Yeah. No I always admired how Peyton commanded everything... So the Manning family obviously is sort of the First Family of quarterbacks." 

I also really like that Luck grew up in Germany with NFL Europe= culture & overflowing diversity. A nice interview. Thanks for posting it  RomanianColtsFan.  ;)

I'd also love to see Alec Baldwin interview a number of high NFL draft picks for the draft too. He's bleeping hilarious. Alec has no filter & he's naturally funny. Plus, the draft is in Prime Time now. Can we broaden the PG audience demographic please? I not saying get in the gutter just have hosts & jokes that work on multiple levels that's all.

.... and, oddly enough,  he did it was actor Alec Baldwin on a New York City radio station.

The station also provided a transcript, which I'm linking.   Figured it would be easier for you to read this than to listen to it.    Judging the transcript, I would guess the interview went an hour long.  I don't think Luck has ever done an interview that long.   Certainly not at Stanford in his 4-years.

They talks about....   well...  everything...   from childhood to what he did after this season and everything in between...

Think you'll like this....   Enjoy!

http://www.wnyc.org/shows/heresthething/2013/mar/18/transcript/

If you'd prefer to listen to it, instead of read it,  it's available on Paul Kuharsky's blog on ESPN.com....