Indianapolis Colts

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

subvet

NFL Network top 10 passing combos

This may be old news to everyone else but I'm watching this and even though Montana/Rice is more popular in the fan vote Manning to Harrison is the #1 combo.  I can't argue after watching them all those years.

Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford are the only duo I see coming close to Peyton and Marvin.

Numbers wise that is.

Calvin Johnson and Matt Stafford are the only duo I see coming close to Peyton and Marvin.

Numbers wise that is.

Ryan and Jones?

Ryan and Jones?

Calvin and Matt are probably the bigger threat.

Based on per game.

Peyton and Marvin: 6.03 Rec,  80.73 Yards, and .71 TDs

Matt and Calvin: 6.3 Rec, 103 Yards, and .64 TDs

Matt and Julio: 4.6 Rec, 74.38 yards and .62 TDs

Based on per game.

True, but I still think Matthew gets hurt too much. Ryan seems to be more durable at this point. They're only slightly ahead in TDs too, but still very impressive.

True, but I still think Matthew gets hurt too much. Ryan seems to be more durable at this point. They're only slightly ahead in TDs too, but still very impressive.

That is the only thing that would stop Calvin and Matt is Matt's injuries. But he hasn't missed a game since his 2010 foot injury.

AJ Green and Dalton? just because they came into the league together, and AJ is a beast. if they stay together for 10-13 years i think they would be close.

AJ Green and Dalton? just because they came into the league together, and AJ is a beast. if they stay together for 10-13 years i think they would be close.

They need to amp up production. Which they most likely will when they hit their prime.

Currently they stand: 5.23 rec, 77.64 yards, and .58 TDs.

Based on per game.

And keep in mind that during Harrison's last years, he had a number of injuries and he wasn't himself, so his stats dropped considerably.

And keep in mind that during Harrison's last years, he had a number of injuries and he wasn't himself, so his stats dropped considerably.

Exactly. Marvin was the NFL's all-time best receptions/season with 93 before his 2007 injury. Sterling Sharpe was second with 85. The knee injury caused Marvin to drop down to second with 84.77.

Without that knee injury Peyton and Marvin would have never been touched.

They need to amp up production. Which they most likely will when they hit their prime.

Currently they stand: 5.23 rec, 77.64 yards, and .58 TDs.

those numbers are pretty remarkable for how young those two are... now with their division getting weaker i think those numbers will bump way up

those numbers are pretty remarkable for how young those two are... now with their division getting weaker i think those numbers will bump way up

Really is. They can become very scary. Ican definitely see them bringing Cincy a SB during their careers.

Really is. They can become very scary. Ican definitely see them bringing Cincy a SB during their careers.

hopefully andrew luck and company can keep that from happening