Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Antonie Bethea

Vontae Davis 

Pat Angerer 

Kavell Conner

Pat McAfee

... To name a few, I hope this WR does not require major $$$$. I want to build a team (like Packers,49ers,etc..) NOT buy one (Eagles, Buccs, etc...) I really want to re-sign all names listed above.

I'd trade Angerer AND Conner this year. I like them but they're 4/3 guys. Trade'em to Dallas. They're bassackwards and need 4/3 guys.

Antonie Bethea

Vontae Davis 

Pat Angerer 

Kavell Conner

Pat McAfee

... To name a few, I hope this WR does not require major $$$$. I want to build a team (like Packers,49ers,etc..) NOT buying one  (Eagles, Buccs, etc...) I really want to re-sign all names listed above.

Good thread. Patty and Conner for sure, Bethea hitting a new contract at a bad time in age, may want more than our futures allow, Davis the next priority, and Angerer last.

I'm not sold on Angerer. Bethea will be 30...thats a lot of milage. I think we draft a replacement. He will want another big contract probably more than the 5.75 he counts to the cap this year...can't see that happening. I think Mcafee gets a deal this year...thats why we franchised him. Davis and Conner I think will be big priorities. No way we give up a 2nd and not extend him...no way.

I'd like to see us keep Bethea, and Vontae.  I would love to keep Angerer and Conner, but it is a business and you can't keep everyone.  But I'd much rather trade them to a team so we get something in return rather than let them walk in FA.  One of the issues is how it all plays out this year.  Angerer was a really good player 2 years ago, then was hurt a lot last year, so people may have forgotten about him.  If he comes out this year and lights it up, he might boost himself up on the priority order.

I'd trade Angerer AND Conner this year. I like them but they're 4/3 guys. Trade'em to Dallas. They're bassackwards and need 4/3 guys.

I think that Conner is the most under-rated player on the defense.  He is our only true run stopper in the LB core as it WAS.  I have wanted to see him turned loose on a few blitzes.  Not a better tackler...would love to see him hit Kaepernick......just sayin :)

I am much more ready to move Pat Angerer.  I am, however anxious to see if he has his injury on the back burner.  He was not even close to 100 % last year....camp is huge!!!

Oh and another interesting fact Kavell is a RFA. I see us re-signing Davis Mcafee Conner. Trading Angerer before the season

Agreed.....we will know right around the draft....and darn it I love Angerer too...was hoping last year he could get it going in the 3-4....

You also have to remember that we released Dwight Freeney this year.  Which I believe means that the dead money from his contract becomes available to us next year as it took part of the cap space we had this year.  I may be wrong, but I'm pretty certain thats how it works.