Indianapolis Colts
Indianapolis Colts Fan Forum

Irsay's latest tweet (Saturday 3/16)

GoColts8818

I think a legitimate case can be made for Fitz. I have missed a lot of posts so I do not know if this case has already been made, if it has I guess I am making it again.

Do I think it will happen ...probably not.  But, the elements for it to happen do exist:

1) The Bruce Arians connection.

2) Fitz is at the age where his window to win a Superbowl is starting to close and he may be saying this behind closed doors ... The odds are against the Arizona getting all the pieces together to make real runs within time frame.  The Colts are 1-2 years from being contenders; acquiring Fitz makes us legitimate contenders if not this year than definitely next year.

3) With our 1st round pick (plus whatever other picks we have to give up) and their 1st they can easily both acquire a top QB and a top WR  that is young enough to be in his prime by the time they have their team ready to contend.

4) It makes sense for us because Fitz gives us Reggie's replacement and as I said earlier makes us legitimate contenders as early as this season.

I do not think the Arizona fans would like this move, but it would be a good move for their franchise in the longterm.

He will be 30 come the start of the season, Hardly should be looked at as Reggies replacement, We would have to give up the farm for him and we are certainly not sure playoff contenders at this point, we arguably have a tougher schedule next year, save the picks and improve the team

• Replies 3.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly man, all valid points. However his monster contract is just TOO much for us too absorb. Theres no room for it.

Maybe reworking his contract is one of the things that is taking so much time ... by structuring it to correspond with the estimated new tv deal cap jump in 2015/2016 we could take on his contract.

Like I said originally I don't really think it is going to happen, but it could be worked out if all parties are willing.

About 90% of cardinal fans come to see fitz the other ten probably come to see peterson. I don't think they are gonna get rid of him.

I agree the fans would not be happy, but if the owner is looking at the longterm it might be the right choice.  We had quite a few peoplle here in Indy who were not happy with Manning leaving.

He will be 30 come the start of the season, Hardly should be looked at as Reggies replacement, We would have to give up the farm for him and we are certainly not sure playoff contenders at this point, we arguably have a tougher schedule next year, save the picks and improve the team

I basically said he would be a temporary replacement (breathing room), We would still need to be looking to draft WRs in the next couple years.  I think with what we have added in FA, what we will draft this year (and next), and the addition of Fitz we would definitely be playoff contenders possibly this year, but definitely by next year.

Again I don't see it happening, just saying a case can be made and I would not be totally blown away by it.

I'm thinking Arians took the AZ job just so he could send Fitz here. Sent him in as an undercover Colt. Mwahahahaha Irsay will do whatever it takes to win!

I am sure there would be some conspiracy theorists who honestly believed that ... :nutz: :shh:

I'm thinking Arians took the AZ job just so he could send Fitz here. Sent him in as an undercover Colt. Mwahahahaha Irsay will do whatever it takes to win!

That or he sent him here knowing in a year or two we'd probably be bringing him back as the offensive coordinator because the Arizona job is complete crap...

The benefit to us is that he makes us instant contenders and contenders for the next 4-5 years and gives us enough time to find a future #1.

yea i could see that! but then he makes about 15 million a year which is the other problem i forgot to mention. He would kill our cap.

yea i could see that! but then he makes about 15 million a year which is the other problem i forgot to mention. He would kill our cap.

I agree, someone mentioned that I earlier, but my thoughts were:

Maybe reworking his contract is one of the things that is taking so much time ... by restructuring it to correspond with the estimated new TV deal cap jump in 2015/2016 we could take on his contract.

Like I said originally I don't really think it is going to happen, but it could be worked out if all parties are willing.

I agree, someone mentioned that I earlier, but my thoughts were:

Maybe reworking his contract is one of the things that is taking so much time ... by restructuring it to correspond with the estimated new TV deal cap jump in 2015/2016 we could take on his contract.

yea it could be true, we'll have to wait and see!

As for as I'm concerned, after all this hype I hope its these receiever-some ar more realistic than others and you'll know which aren't realistic

AFC north: emmanu. Here the list I wouldn't mind picking up at all.

AFC north:emmanuel sanders, antonio brown, aj green, torrey smith

AFC south: andre johnson, nate washington, kenny britt

East: stevie j

West: bowe

Nfc north:megatron,marshall, randall cobb

Nfc south: roddy white, julio jones, colston,vincent jackson

East: miles austin,bryant, nicks,cruz, desean jackson, maclin

West: fitz,sidney rice

Of all these listed receivers, I hope its from the nfc east as they are all young but very talented WRs

I think just from the sheer volume of posting and speculation that unless it is Megatron or AJ Green then even IF, and it's a big IF, they get it done with whoever it is then it will be a letdown. Even Cruz would be a let down now (and yes I know it's not him!). 

Still it made my Weekend a bit more interesting :)

This whole thing seems completely ridiculous. How in the world would it take this long to figure out the details of some of the names being thrown around. Edelman, Macklin, Austin, and so on and so on...Seriously??? These are not big names with huge contracts that compensation would take this long to hammer out. There is either much more to this imaginary trade(at least so far) or else Irsay is just playing all you guys like a fiddle. This thread is 57 pages long and went on for days now, somebody is sitting back having a pretty good laugh.

Is it only me, or does anyone else believe that Irsay telling the reporters in Arizona that the WR was not Cruz was just a rouse?  He could have realized that his tweeting may effect the deal that was potentially happening with Cruz and tried to lure the media away from the idea.  None of the other wide receiver names that we have been going through seem like a blockbuster deal that Irsay was alluding to.  To me, Cruz seems to make the most sense in a deal that has taken over 5 days to go down.  Maybe this is all my wishful thinking... but it's my story and I'm sticking to it.

Is it only me, or does anyone else believe that Irsay telling the reporters in Arizona that the WR was not Cruz was just a rouse? He could have realized that his tweeting may effect the deal that was potentially happening with Cruz and tried to lure the media away from the idea. None of the other wide receiver names that we have been going through seem like a blockbuster deal that Irsay was alluding to. To me, Cruz seems to make the most sense in a deal that has taken over 5 days to go down. Maybe this is all my wishful thinking... but it's my story and I'm sticking to it.

No, you're not alone. We hear about smoke screens all the time. I'm holding on to the hope that Irsay debunking the Cruz idea is a way to get some breathing room.

I may be crazy tho but I'm hooked on Cruz after all this.

In all seriousness, if the deal falls through, Irsay needs to tell us who he was going after, and what trade was offered, and also, who was involved. That's the least he can do after getting all of our hopes up. But, more than likely, if it does fall through, we most likely will never know..